Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Unstoppable (2010) - 7/10

Interesting one-time watch. Movie goes into full throttle (pun intended) within minutes, and maintains the pace till the end.

I am Kalam : 4/5

Absolutely brilliant fcukin movie. These kind of little gems are a rare offering in bollywood. Brilliant acting, brilliant subject and a hard hitting message. A must watch.

Super 8 : 7/10 (too much of what we have seen in the past means its not a jaw dropping movie )

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara : 7.5/10 (only end sucked, rest of the movie is top notch)

Rough Cut (2008) - 8.5/10
A very well made movie with some really powerful & intense scenes, specially in the second half. Two unlikely characters, a quiet, mysterious & movie-buff gangster crosses path with a rowdy, short-tempter & egoistic actor. The tension between the two leads them to work together in a movie and what takes place is a powerful drama. In the end, both learn a thing or two from each other, but with a price to match.

Limitless (2011) - 7.5/10
Seriously a good movie. The basic plot is quite simple, yet very easy to get turned into a cheesy action flick in the hands on mediocre film-maker/director. But writer Leslie Dixon and director Neil Burger made sure that it doesn't roll that way. Instead what we have is a brilliant narrative thanks to a concise screenplay and a beautiful, well-balanced presentation. The film trades lightly on different styles of presentation, with right amount of psychedelia, very tight close-ups and drama all mixed up to create a wonderful pill (pun intended). Give it a watch, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

Hanna : 7.5/10

Ronan is an artist to watch out for. Her expressions to every new thing she encounters is brilliant!

The Conspirator : 8/10

Robin Wright and McAvoy give solid performances in this one

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

High Heels and Low Life's: 8.5/10

Pure english brilliance. Two women become unlikely blackmailers to a gang of bank robbers. Now that I think about it Hera-Pheri (new) seems to be completely ripped-off from this one.

Rise of Planet of Apes - highly recommended

Its a prequel to the previous movies, the animation is top notch. The story is focussed on how one ape gets intelligence and creates revolution among the apes against the humans. Ape's facial expressions and emotions are excelent and much better than Katrina Kaif :p , the ape is show stealer, James is good to watch amd freida is wasted and reduced to miniscule role.

The fight sequence b/w humans and apes is executed nicely.

go watch it.

distro said:
Rise of Planet of Apes - highly recommended

Its a prequel to the previous movies, the animation is top notch. The story is focussed on how one ape gets intelligence and creates revolution among the apes against the humans. Ape's facial expressions and emotions are excelent and much better than Katrina Kaif :p , the ape is show stealer, James is good to watch amd freida is wasted and reduced to miniscule role.

The fight sequence b/w humans and apes is executed nicely.

go watch it.

You do realize that we don't watch Katrina Kaif for her emotions and facial expressions, right? :p

the Womb.

its creepy incesty stuff.
9/10 for being different and the cinematography. :D

super 7.5/10 (ellen page is hawt)

Hop 10/10 its an semi-animation and damn funny.

8 Diagram Pole Fighter : 8/10

Some of the fight scenes are intense. Surprisingly Gordon Lui does not have 'em all.

8 Diagram Pole Fighter : 8/10

Some of the fight scenes are intense. Surprisingly Gordon Lui does not have 'em all.

Rise of the planet of the apes. Must watch. Highly recommended. Should be the biggest surprise blockbuster hit of this summer. Has a refreshingly fresh story which I consider the best written story in the planet of the apes series. Very well directed with really less focus on the special effects and more on the story execution. The movie no doubt has some flaws but can be easily ignored. With almost all the multiplexes not showing this on their screens in NCR I was lucky enough to catch this on the third day of it's release. Try to catch this on theaters if you can. Will do justice to the movie. This I would say is the next best movie to come out after Inception.

Rise of the planet of the apes - 9/10

Just wish it was a bit longer!

Have simply fallen in love with the movie. One of the first movies I think which doesn't beg you to "leave your brains at home" in order to enjoy and it still is as commercial as it gets. I had very less hopes and was thinking it to be along the lines of 2012 where the "story" was just present to complement the VFX. But here, it was the superb script along with excellent direction and acting that took main-stage.

Andy Serkis has outdone himself and the most of the scenes of the grownup protagonist ape (Andy Serkis) gave me goosebumps. I've already seen the movie twice! :)

PS: Please don't think this as another run-of-the-mill comic franchise spin-off. This movie stands tall and strong on its own.

The Trades - Movie Review: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

He delivers a serviceable performance and is certainly a sympathetic character, even with consideration for what he's unleashed by the film's end, but at it's core, "Rise" isn't Franco's movie...

... it's Andy Serkis' film. Serkis plays Caesar and it's (at least from what I gather) done very much in the same way as how Serkis played Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" movies. His performance combined with the CGI is absolutely magnetic and whenever Caesar is on screen, he takes command of the scene. One of the scenes in the film that pays homage to a classic line from the original, is just as huge for "Rise" and it's largely due to just how strong Serkis' performance is. His Caesar is caring, cunning and vicious when needs be and it all is part of a fully realized character. Serkis has certainly set the bar high with his previous performances in this fashion, and with "Rise" he raises the bar a little higher.

But really, it is Andy Serkis' film. Even with the problems that I have with the film, Serkis' performance combined with the visual effects just make "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" a very engaging ride. The seeds have certainly been planted to continue this beyond, and the suggestion is there that what could come next could be more in line with the original movie. Part of me would really love to see that, but the other part really wants to see what happens in the almost immediate wake of the ending of "Rise." There is huge potential in this franchise's re-birth if given the chance, we'll just have to see.

Also,

Andy Serkis – The Performance of the Year (so far) – And Other Standouts | Awards Daily

Switch said:
Rise of the planet of the apes. Must watch. Highly recommended. Should be the biggest surprise blockbuster hit of this summer. Has a refreshingly fresh story which I consider the best written story in the planet of the apes series. Very well directed with really less focus on the special effects and more on the story execution. The movie no doubt has some flaws but can be easily ignored. With almost all the multiplexes not showing this on their screens in NCR I was lucky enough to catch this on the third day of it's release. Try to catch this on theaters if you can. Will do justice to the movie. This I would say is the next best movie to come out after Inception.

Was really sad this weekend when I could not get this. Realized when I went to the DT at the Vasant Kunj malls. Some issue with the Mxs' and distributors having % cut problems. Hope it comes out this weekend on the screens. Watched the Walberg one this weekend for some kicks. Also the initial Pentalogy is lined up.

Back