Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Why is it considered so good?

Well, there is the direction, there is the narrative sequence, there is the fantastic dialogue, there is the great camera work, there is the great acting from almost all the lead actors, there is the shock value, there is the black humor. If that doesn't constitute an acclaimed movie, i dont know what does.

kestrel5915 said:
Pulp Fiction 6/10

Highly overrated by people who like to think its cool to like a supposedly acclaimed and legendary movie.

I guess if somebody watches it without knowing about all that made up aura, then its not even half the movie its been made out to be.

Yes, if somebody who lacks the ability to see the above points does watch the movie then it is indeed not even half the movie its been made out to be. No offense meant man :).

kestrel5915 said:
Pulp Fiction 6/10

Highly overrated by people who like to think its cool to like a supposedly acclaimed and legendary movie.

I guess if somebody watches it without knowing about all that made up aura, then its not even half the movie its been made out to be.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

eternoMind said:
Why is it considered so good?

Well, there is the direction, there is the narrative sequence, there is the fantastic dialogue, there is the great camera work, there is the great acting from almost all the lead actors, there is the shock value, there is the black humor. If that doesn't constitute an acclaimed movie, i dont know what does.

Yes, if somebody who lacks the ability to see the above points does watch the movie then it is indeed not even half the movie its been made out to be. No offense meant man :).

Hmm, you're pretty cool!

:)

viralbug said:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel 25:17

Flypaper : 7.5/10 : starts off well but disappoints in the end. watch it for comedy that happens while the bank is being robbed..

Analyze This : 8/10.. Very good movie on a mafia leader seeking help from a pshycatrist. watch it for the different situations that are filmed excellently..

Bad Teacher: 7/10 .. funny at times. but overall its just average one time watch.

Zookeeper : 7/10 .. again one time watch average comedy movie.. but the APE getting brainfreeze due to drinking was hilarious.

Flypaper : 7/10 - Decent watch for timepass
Mr Popper's Penguin : 8/10 - Watched it for jim carrey and loved it.. Comedy genre
the drummoid will : 7/10 - Decent timepass.. Again comedy genre

Sucker Punch - 4.5/10. Well, stunning visual treat, one of the best original soundtrack, hot babes with machine guns...but the script is piece of crap. Yup, thats all about it.

Also, a) I'm planning to watch Sin City. Yup, haven't seen this either. :ashamed: My question is which version should I get? I mean, Sin City - Recut, Extended, Unrated version or the original theatrical version? b) Do I have to watch Terminator 1 to fully understand Terminator 2: Judgment Day? I've just seen Terminator 3.

Watched again:

"Get Shorty" - 1995.

Would rate as 7/10. Also read the book, both are good.

"the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy"

42/42. Having read all the books, felt the movie does justice to the book!

Underworld 2 Evolution : - 6.5 / 10

Should say much better than the initial part :p More gore (overall :p), a decent one timer for phun that's it :p

Story line is weak and stretched for no reason.

Arthur : 7/10... one time watch rom-com. Some scenes are remembrable.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button : 8/10.. watched it again, as was getting bored of all average movies..

XTechManiac said:
Sucker Punch - 4.5/10. Well, stunning visual treat, one of the best original soundtrack, hot babes with machine guns...but the script is piece of crap. Yup, thats all about it.

Also, a) I'm planning to watch Sin City. Yup, haven't seen this either. :ashamed: My question is which version should I get? I mean, Sin City - Recut, Extended, Unrated version or the original theatrical version? b) Do I have to watch Terminator 1 to fully understand Terminator 2: Judgment Day? I've just seen Terminator 3.

b) better if u see terminator 1, but u wont lose anything if u dont see the first part.

Waiting for Real Steel to get release this friday...

Back