Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Hot Fuzz - 6/10 ... light hearted British comedy . is however an aqquired taste . many sadly may not like it . proceed at your own rish . but on the other side maybe greatly enjoyed with great gusto .

Planning to watch Loha tonight .. this wikipedia article excited me .. :D
Loha is a 1997 Indian film directed by Kanti Shah. Loha is one of those rare movies which are ahead of their times... Many places, events referances found in the movie actually took place years after the actual portrayal of the movie. The movie touches many sensitive topics such as child widows, atrocities on women by the underworld, AIDS awareness campaign etc. this movie talked about AIDS and condoms in the era when the mention of one was taboo. "Mai nirodh ban ke tujhe AIDS se bachaunga" says the conman.. where else can you see this degree of pleading?? When tandya asks Lukkha to kill him, as he is "Bina petrol ki gaadi, bina nashe ki taadi aur wo fateli saree jise koi hijra bhi nahi pehenega" .. this statement shows his desperation to get killed by the hands of lukkha.. also suggests that hijras should not wear fatela saree...
Animal instincts of fighting are portrayed in a style never before, evident from the following statement made by Lukhha, "Tandel mai tera wo haal karunga jo bunder ek saap ka karta hai.. jis tarah bandar saap ko jameen par ragad ragad kar maarta hai thik usi tarah mai tuze jameen par ragad ragad ke marunga.. mai tujhe tuteli khaat pe andheri raat me aisi ulti palti karke maarunga ki tu khoon ki ulti karke marega"

"Magarmachh ke chheknese machhar marten hai Tandel, mard nahi" - the statement is full with the sentiments which shouts against the municipalty, not being able to kill the mosquitoes, and blaming the crocks for not sneezing.

After the interval, movie discusses another angle of human life, that is of their sleeping habits,

"Tandel, teri haalat us khatmal jaisi hai, jo logon ka khoon choosne ke liye khatiya ke khaanche se din me bahar nikalta hai" - this statement clearly is a n outcome of the deepest of the studies of human sleeping behaviours, as it takes for granted the fact that no one is sleeping on the khatiya in the daytime.

Dor : 9/10 ... Now thats what i call a good bollywood movie. Naghesh Kukunoor's work always inspired me. Great realistic cinema. special mention for Shreyas talpade , amazing performance and boy ayesha takia looks hot even in a saree without makeup !!

Watched Dances with wolves, I dont remember how many times ive seen it.
Also watched Angoor

Saiyan said:
Good Will Hunting-8.5/10 Brilliant movie :D
Then you might also like 'Finding Forrester' from the same director - Gus Van Sant

Back