Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Coriolanus - 3/10 - Dozed off in the middle. Had no idea what was going on. Dialogues were in shakespeare english. Would recommend it to people who have read and enjoyed his plays. Others stay away.

Who told you i don't know Punjabi? I certainly do, moreover it's my first language.
indifferent14.gif

You said you can't read write punjabi now didn't you?
<

#[member='chiragsthakur'] bhai watched Cinderella Man. Thanks for this one. Loved the movie.
<
8/10

Next is 21.
<

#[member='Altair']

A beautiful Mind

The Bucket List

Amelie

Groundhog Day

My leftfoot - Awesome acting by DDL

Life is Beautiful

I've seen a beautiful mind don't play on watching. Will search for the others. Thanks
<

Chhevan Dariya (Punjabi)

Starts well, super boring towards the end. Not worth watching.

4/10

----------------

You said you can't read write punjabi now didn't you?
tongu23e.gif

I'm an illiterate in reading or writing punjabi, not speaking it. Don't get things riled up
<
My speaking prowess of punjabi is pretty good.

I'm an illiterate in reading or writing punjabi, not speaking it. Don't get things riled up
tongu23e.gif
My speaking prowess of punjabi is pretty good.

Oh okay then.
<
Seekh le bhai
<

21 - 8/10 Thanks #[member='Spacescreamer']. Now

#[member='y2karthik'] Groundhog day is next. thanks
<

Kind of in a good mood now.
<

Any morale boosting/motivating movie guys? or a documentary or something? Kind of demoralized these days.
sad.gif

Tag me before posting/replying please*

If you haven't seen them already:

Goodwill Hunting

The Pursuit of Happyness

Freedom Writers

A Beautiful Mind

Rocky

#[member='y2karthik'],

Nice to see some good recommendations from you - sort of movies I like.

#[member='Spacescreamer'],
  1. The Big Sleep
  2. Rope is a different kind of an effort. Single set, long continuous shots (only 10 segments).
  3. The 400 Blows

I kind of like Japanese films. If you ever get to Kurosawa
  • Yojimbo
  • High and Low
  • Ikiru
  • Dersu Uzala
  • Rashomon

Each of them are different. Of course, there's the more famous "Seven Samurai" and several good films like "Hidden Fortress" from Kurosawa. What I usually do is take up a theme (genre like film noir, a particular period like 1930s, but mostly a director like Bergman / Kurosawa / Kubrick / David Lynch) and finish up.

What I usually do is take up a theme (genre like film noir, a particular period like 1930s, but mostly a director like Bergman / Kurosawa / Kubrick / David Lynch) and finish up.

^ Pretty much what happens with me. A theme catches up with me and i take out most of the recommended movies.

Already seen: Rope, The Big Sleep, Rososhomon, Yojimbo, and Seven Samurais.

12 Angry Men remains one of the top movies i have seen of all times.

#[member='esanthosh']

Another classic lover,lets see more of each other also i am trying to explore the hidden treasures.............forgot to mention these

#[member='Spacescreamer']

Rebecca - A differnet Sir Alfred movie

The Bicycle Thieves

Lawrence of Arabia - Awesome journey but one of the longest movie i have seen 3Hrs 45Mins

Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1. I dunno 4/10.?
<

When you're all alone with your gf Never ask her,"Hey, you wanna watch a movie?" Believe or not even if you don't have it she'll bring the movie herself.
<

Now i am double depressed.
<

#[member='y2karthik'], #[member='Spacescreamer'],

This thread on HFV has introduced me to many new directors. I have not explored everything mentioned, but once the power situation gets better in TN, I will get started with Tarkovsky and Bela Tarr.

David Lean makes epics. But, speaking of length, Bela Tarr's Satantango, which I am planning to dedicate a Sunday to, runs for 450 mins.

#[member='ras'],

Just the first two parts of the trilogy: "A fistful of Dollars" (which is "inspired" by Yojimbo. Kurosawa sued Leone and won compensation) and "For a few dollars more"

Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1. I dunno 4/10.?
indifferent14.gif

When you're all alone with your gf Never ask her,"Hey, you wanna watch a movie?" Believe or not even if you don't have it she'll bring the movie herself.
facepalm.gif

Now i am double depressed.
tongu23e.gif

still waiting to complete the Series,wanna watch continue...
yay.gif

Oh! Twilight Saga is great. It is the only time I wished Vampires were real and imagined that they descend upon the sets to clean up the cast and crew for tarnishing their image. It even improves with each part. I gave the third a grand 2.2 compared to 1.8 and 1.9/10 for the first two (yet to watch the 4th). I still want to finish the series..... if the series does not finish me off first!

PS: But, every Twilight film earns me a check in the "Worldwide Box Office" list in iCheckMovies. At least something good comes out of it.

Back