Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Oh! Twilight Saga is great. It is the only time I wished Vampires were real and imagined that they descend upon the sets to clean up the cast and crew for tarnishing their image. It even improves with each part. I gave the third a grand 2.2 compared to 1.8 and 1.9/10 for the first two (yet to watch the 4th). I still want to finish the series..... if the series does not finish me off first!

PS: But, every Twilight film earns me a check in the "Worldwide Box Office" list in iCheckMovies. At least something good comes out of it.

<
<
<

#[member='GuruGulabKhatri'],

(I am going to miss the # when we get back to vbulletin
<
)

Watched "Let the Right one in" long back. But, if there's anything else interesting, let me know.

But, you should know - I was down with fever when I watched the Twilight Saga. No horror film you mention can get more horrifying than that experience. In short,
ill.gif
(physical) +
boxed.gif
(mental) =
sad47.gif
(forever scarred).

#esanthosh , u should watch let me In too, chloe moretz is fantastic in that.I Have However some other Recos for you

1.Trollhunter - found-footage type,good One

2.Funny games (1997) - Like "Them"

3.The yellow sea/the chaser if u haven't already (Gore alert for the yellow sea
<
)

Thanks! Did not even bother to visit the IMDB page of "Let Me In" because of my prejudice against hollywood re-makes. I've so far liked what I've seen of Chloe Moretz in "Kick-Ass" and "Hugo". Will check it out soon.

... And that 'Gore alert' pushes up "Yellow sea" for me in the watch list
happy19.gif

@GuruGulabKhatri,

I watched "Let me in", but somehow did not like it as much "Let the Right one in". The problem with LMI is the same as I have with many US re-makes - they just have to be explicit about everything. I need to watch LTROI once again to confirm, but these are some of the things
  1. I don't remember seeing vampire make-ups and visual effects. Of course, the budget is higher here. Scenes like the tunnel killing were, if I am not mistaken, were not this explicit.
  2. Wasn't there a community where Owen lives? In this movie, he feels even more lonely with no friends and no one to talk to.
  3. I don't clearly remember the original. But, I feel that Abby's intentions and hence relationship with Owen may be more selfish. In the original, they felt like they needed each other a little more.
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was a good adaptation though! While watching the original trilogy, the first one stood out as a straight-up thriller - a little more of whodunit. The character of Lizbeth I felt was a little more free spirited than the US version. Somebody who read the books can confirm - Is the Fincher version relatively more faithful adaptation of the book?

PS: No Spoiler tag? Is there any work-around?

Last edited by a moderator:
God Bless America : 9/10

This is a movie countries being influenced by Western culture may enjoy too (like India). Must watch.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Avengers: 9.5/10

Iron man is awesome but The Hulk is even better :DDDDDD

Hulk was good and I hope they stick with Mark Ruffalo for future Hulk movies/Avenger 2 etc.

But Thor is by far the best Avenger. He's also gonna have the biggest part to play in the setup for Avengers 2 because of Thanos.

War Horse -> 8.5/10

Midnight in Paris -> 8.5/10

Really liked both the movies. Especially Midnight in Paris since its been a long time I've seen such kind of movie. :)

Man on the Ledge - 8/10
The story is really good,keeps you twisted till the very end....
Nice showcase by sam worthington and Elizabeth Banks

Shawshank redemption - I hate drama but this is exceptionally good.

Bruno - 30 min into movie stopped watching it .. yuck!!

Back