Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Watched Shanghai today.
Great acting by Abhay Deol. Emraan Hashmi and Kalki were good too.
And Prasenjit was good in the part that he had. Had a commanding presence.

It may not set the box office alight but is a pretty hard hitting story.

yeah 3, 1, 2.5, 2, 4, 3.5 respectively
and i guess writing one digit no is better than writing a whole line. :)

Your rating scheme may be different from mine. You may give an average film 6/10 while someone may give it 3/10.
This numbering may put off someone from watching it at all.

American Reunion - revisiting the original with few borrowed jokes/punch lines - 6/10 - could've been better.

Act of Valor, strictly speaking while watching the movie I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Giving it ~ 2 / 5. Because after seeing the whole thing I could draw the following conclusions --
  • Random dude attacks America; American response use gratuitous fire-power in the vicinity to pulverize assailant [and everyone around them].
  • SEAL operatives never miss... a heat shot.
  • Every American 'Chief' is Captain Price.
  • Why America doles out Medal's of Honour; I noticed that half the guys who were bestowed the supreme award during the Vietnam War achieved it by throwing themselves on hand-grenades.
  • Russian / Arab / Chechen and all remotely Middle-Eastern languages can all be grouped under 'FOREIGN languages'; I thought they had a Cold War between 1945 --> 1990, they might as well have got a few decent translators.
  • Regular bad guys = Jihadi, Russian / Ukrainian / Arab Rogue agent; not Regular bad guy = Chechen Jihadi.
  • Terrorists / Villains love monologues.
  • Good guy gets Rajni-fied for a few moments [especially when shot multiple times with an AK74]; Bad guy dies with half-clip of M4 pumped into his chest. Well made some sense because Mr. Goody Two Shoes had body-armour whilst Bad guy was dressed like he was going to Hawaii.
  • Terrorists, Mexican drug cartel, mercenaries and Mexican SOF will never learn how to shoot; this is how American soldiers are triumphant in Iraq and Afghanistan, the enemy was not even shooting in their direction.
  • explains how CoD is still a chart-busting game every time it releases [which happens to be every year].

Moral of the story -- Don't mess with US and we will not turn your backyard into the next Call of Duty.

Backed out of Prometheus and went for Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted and it was absolutely hilarious. The first movie is still miles better, but this one had very funny and unique new character additions. The Penguins, as usual, were the cream of the crop. And who can forget King Julian's groovy style! Loved it a lot.

prometheus .... hmmm interesting , had to come home and read about it for it to make any semblance of sense and now have to watch alien to see how it went from there , because i dont remember the last time i saw alien! , definitely a must watch for vfx , as for it making sense , do google :D

Back