Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Prometheus : 4/10 esp if you've watched Alien, you know what's going to happen

you are right i dont know why alien get birth at last may be to show the connection between AVP series but in this series Aliens are fighting with Predators from old times. I think Director is confused tottally:scared14:.

you are right i dont know why alien get birth at last may be to show the connection between AVP series but in this series Aliens are fighting with Predators from old times. I think Director is confused tottally:scared14:.
Nope the director is not at all confused.This movie is a prequel to the original Alien series by Ridley Scott and the AVP series came along much later when some bean counter at Hollywood came up with dumbass idea of combining two franchises(Alien and the Arnold movie Predator much like King Kong vs Godzilla).Why should Ridley Scott bother with the crappy spinoffs to change his storyline

Nope the director is not at all confused.This movie is a prequel to the original Alien series by Ridley Scott and the AVP series came along much later when some bean counter at Hollywood came up with dumbass idea of combining two franchises(Alien and the Arnold movie Predator much like King Kong vs Godzilla).Why should Ridley Scott bother with the crappy spinoffs to change his storyline

Spoiler tags please!!

Also, this is not a prequel to Aliens. It is simply happening in the same universe - BBC News - Ridley Scott says Prometheus is not a prequel to Alien

Hmmm..Ridley Scott does that with sci fi's doesn't he?

Why are the rest rating it so low? Generation gap or movie that pathetic?

movie is not pathetic at all atleast while watching it i feel no boredom its only END which makes me thinking like WTF an ALIEN in 2095 then what is that in BC in AVP.

Alien v Predator is a separate B grade franchise which is nowhere close to Alien, Aliens.

So I'd rate it keeping AVP completely out of it.

Alien v Predator is a separate B grade franchise which is nowhere close to Alien, Aliens.

Amen to that! I see a lot of people comparing this with the original Alien, Cameron's Aliens and the AvP. AvP is remotely close to what the 2 movies achieved during that era.

I am a die-hard fan of the franchise and was extremely disappointed with Prometheus. The movie had its fair share of loose ends and vagaries. And we expect the same director to give us a couple of more sequels to answer those? I am not sure if that's a good idea. I'd rather have someone else do the script for the sequel if there's one intended to be and have someone else direct it. Hell, even Cameron or Spielberg can pull off something better than what Scott could. His last 2 movies have been disappointing at best. The movie will NEVER achieve what Alien did. That is a given. Overhyped movie killed everything. Expected too much and delivered too less. I'd rather not expect anything from TDKR now.

Anyhow here's a worthwhile explanation and a detailed analysis of Prometheus from Reddit, drawing a whole lot of parallels from Christianity. Take it with a handful of salt!

Volcano (1997) :8/10
Safe House : 7/10
The Breakfast Club (1985): 7/10
( OT : They had schools like this in 80's, we still have to send letters to the principal to keep the school toilets clean :( )

Hmmm..Ridley Scott does that with sci fi's doesn't he?

Why are the rest rating it so low? Generation gap or movie that pathetic?
There was no mind messing in Alien. It was simple, and kept things tight.

Blade runner is slow, too. But you are entitled to your opinion. Hmmm, will watch Prometheus when I can. Need some sci fi horror.
Yes, BR is slow, but the concept was phenomenal, and the sets were breath taking, even for the time it was made in. One of his best works.

Yes, BR is slow, but the concept was phenomenal, and the sets were breath taking, even for the time it was made in. One of his best works.

Yes, that is what I meant, too. BR is slow but great visuals and concept. Almost like the Matrix of the 80s or vice versa.

Back