X-Men First Class: 9.0/10

Final Destination: 9.5/10
Final Destination 2: 7/10
Final Destination 3: 7.5/10
Final Destination 4: 8/10
Final Destination 5: 8/10

Watched 4 movies yesterday :D

*Iron Sky - 6.5 /10
Had high expectations from this, when it was first announced, but was almost totally disappointed when I watched this, movie had a lot of childish anti-american jokes, for a budget movie the cgi parts were done well.

*John Carter - 7/ 10
A entertaining fantasy movie, nothing more nothing less.

*21 Jump Street - 7/ 10
The movie was good in parts and were laugh out loud funny during thoise moments, definitely worth a watch.

*The fourth Kind - 6.5/ 10
They had us fooled the whole time :mad:, saying that all the footages show are real, but actually they were shot for the movie too, although I liked this a bit more than Paranormal Activity.

Detachment : 8/10........ gr8 movie, Highly recommended. Its not an entertainment flick at all, but a thought provoking kind of movie. First it looked liked a documentary, but it becomes good as is goes ahead. Alien Brody has done a gr8 job.

A bit late to watch some of the movies, but finally watched them.

Kahaani - 8/10
Great movie overall. Nice to see such thrillers in Bollywood. I really liked that hitman's character. :D

Paan Singh Tomar - 7.5/10
Irfan is awesome as always. Was surprised and sad to know that it's actually a true story. :O

Prometheus - 6.5/10
I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or what to make of the movie. But I guess I'll go with a bit disappointed. It wasn't bad per say, but after coming out of the movie hall, I just couldn't justify 2 hours of what I watched. Almost all of the important things that happened were in the last half an hour or so. It really didn't give much of details and left me confused with questions. I knew there wouldn't be a lot of alien action with Ridley Scott making the film, but I did hope there was more.

Pyaar Ka Punchnama - 8/10 Actually 8.5/10 :p
I was really surprised and never expected the movie to be so good. I had heard a lot and knew everyone liked it, but it exceeded my expectations even after the hype. Many people said the second half gets a bit boring, but I actually loved the second half. Each guy's situation was distinct and very real and I'm sure every guy must have related to either of them some way or the other. The reason I gave extra points is cause I could really connect with each situation the guys were in.

The Avengers: 7.8-8.0/10

Such a great assemble of cast and script was lacking.
Thank God for the Hulk moments and to an extent Robert D Jr did a good job (for a change). Cobie smulders was reduced to just a propped up secretary. (And kids, in the year 2012, Aunt Robin became a cast member in Avengers.. though she didn do too much.. but yea, she was there.)

I am sure this wont be that good on home video. 60 bucks well spent i think.

Edit: And btw, i think we been provided with a truncated version of the movie. Atleast the one which i saw was.
There is a scene where Captain A exchanges salutes with a war veteran. The veteran recognises him during the final battle scene. Later a bunch of kids ask him if he knew the captain. This scene didnt appeared during the movie. So def a shorter version. :mad:

Somebody mentioned about a kissing scene in the movie as well...? Didn see any

Brave - 6/10. I'm a huge fan of the Pixar franchise, but honestly Brave is full of disappointments. The first half is very predictable, and the story doesn't bring anything new to the table at all. Also, the trailers promised a lot of actions and adventure from the protagonist, but there were none. The weakest movie of the franchise. :(

Shanghai: A good watch, comes across as very realistic, minimal use of background music, pretty good casting, Kalki, Emraan and the rest have played their parts well. Not sure about rating about the rating funda, but I would give it a 7.5/10.

P.s The movie is called Shanghai because the developers/politicians are trying to develop the area in the model of Shanghai,iirc.

So anyone on "Gangs of Wasseypur" ?

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Shanghai: A good watch, comes across as very realistic, minimal use of background music, pretty good casting, Kalki, Emraan and the rest have played their parts well. Not sure about rating about the rating funda, but I would give it a 7.5/10.

P.s The movie is called Shanghai because the developers/politicians are trying to develop the area in the model of Shanghai,iirc.
The last line from Farookh Shiekh - "Hum Cheen se bhi aage nikal sakte the" sums it up.
I thought Emraan was the surprise package. Not many thought that guy can act.

Shanghai - 8/10.

Good movie overall. I get a feeling Emraan might get a nomination (if not an award) for the the Best Supporting Actor for this year's Filmfare Awards. He did his part pretty well.

So anyone on "Gangs of Wasseypur" ?

It just got released today isn't it? :p

Oh and GoW releases in 2 parts.

Not many thought that guy can act.

It seems you haven't seen Awarapan. His character really shines in serious parts. This guy has got good potential, but is wasted due to the type of roles he selects. Being typecasted as the "serial kisser" almost sealed his fate for eternity. Hence, he's now trying to break that mould. This explains the diversity in his recent movies, barring Murder 2 & Jannat 2.

Awarapan was brilliant. I just loved that movie and Emraan so much. Hey even Tum Mile was good.

Although he kissed Soha in that movie. :facepalm:

I thought Crook was his best movie, followed by Jannat 2

Makes me feel he is a kind a resource who's skills have been mismatched :p

Back