Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Total Recall the remake or the old one?

The new one is a PG13 made for pre teens written all over it. Where are the awesome takedowns?

The Dictator - 4 / 10. First 30-40 min was fun, scarsasm, comedy. From middle to almost towards the end nothing much .
Sinle watch. Definitely not for family viewing.

Gangs of Wasseypur : Part 2... 8.5/10... i found this one better than the last part. gr8 movie. Don't miss it. although first part was more fun than this, this had its moments and had a better storyline. Rest see for yourself.

Just finished watching Dr. Seuss the Lorax- 5/10 not really a story, full of music and nice artwork but that's it!

Though the movie does convey a solid message it fails to impress on the story and lacklustre dialogue delivery.

Battleship - 8/10 (Storyline ain't that much but its definately a MUST watch)
The Lorax - 7.5/10(Good Animation and SOLID message at the end)

The Hunger Games - 4/10
I am so sorry to have recommended this movie to anybody simply cuz of imdb n JL.

This could have easily been Jennifer Lawrence's showpiece vehicle much like The Island.. but the director.. and others :facepalm:

Utter disappointment.

The Bourne Legacy.. 8/10.. Enjoyed it very much. Wont compare to old bourne movies. Just go with medium expectations. It keeps you engrossed till the end.

I'm almost half-way through The Hunger Games and left it out of boredom. Seriously!

But then again, I've been doing that a lot lately. Dunno what's happening. My patience level seems to have dipped. If the movie doesn't hold my attention, it gets paused, indefinitely.

Any-hoo, it's been a while seen I saw a decent movie from our desi stable. So I was thinking of Gangs of Wasseypur, since it's receiving such wide accolades. I have my reservations for these type of movies because a.) The language and b.) the political aspect. The former stopped me from enjoying Ishqiya, as I can't seem to grasp the "hardcore" slangs being thrown in your face. I'm assuming Gangs of Wasseypur would be on the same lines. My question is, would I still be able to enjoy the movie?

OK. Lemme clear some things out.

I just saw the hunger games, and this was around a fortnight after i completed reading the book.

The book was a 9/10 from me, where as the movie is a 5/10 for me.

The movie is just bad, it doesn't depict half the things that were in the book, not at all. So many main points go missing. The movie is a disaster. BELIEVE ME THE BOOKS ARE MUCH BETTER.

Examples, what wasn't in the movie (spoilers) :

- Peeta loses his leg in the book after the games is over. Doesn't happen at all in the movie, he is walking fine after the cave.
- There are jets that pick up the bodies in the arena, doesn't happen at all.
- Madge who is Katniss' best friend
- Katniss didn't get bread from district 11 after rue died (happened in the book).
- There was no sleeping bag & night vision glasses in the movie.
- The movie, it seems like takes place in 3-4 days, whereas in the book it was over two weeks long.
- In the book they spent nearly a week in the caves.
- In the book there were like 20 kisses between the two in the cave.
- Haymitch (drunk trainer) falling off the stage at the reaping

- Cato had body armor, which meant he took no damage from arrows.
- Peetas dad visited katniss after she had been chosen as a tribute.
- No avox girl, who served Katniss, who couldn't speak.
- Katniss lost hear hearing after the bomb - apple incident
- The hospital scene at the end of the games, where all the injuries were healed.
- Katniss says she didn't really love him, and it was just a show (not to all, just to herself).
[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]- A lot of chemistry between Gale and Katniss before the games. No intimate contact.

I'm definitely don't want to watch the other two or thee movies. The books are just too good in comparison to the crap that the movie was.
[/FONT]

I was reading the reactions people here gave to the movie and was wondering how bad did they really make it. I've read the book and it's good. The movie must have sucked really bad to get such reactions. I wonder how anyone can screw it up. I haven't seen the movie, but I imagine if someone just simply followed the book and showed it on screen, the movie would have turned out to be half decent.

Gangs of Wasseypur I : 5/10

This movie would have been damn damn good, cause they had an excellent script, backdrop, chronology offering about India's history, and excellent scope for character development.

Instead Kashyap chose to litter the 2H with unnecessary sex scenes (which he loves); overdose of swearing; and way too many subplots running in between. So what we got was: Rustic swear words which made no sense, sleazy scenes used as fillers and theme failure variation.

Back