Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

This week was a movie marathon for me. I have been watching 2 to 3 movies a day. Some of them, I had been avoiding for a very long time; finally took a call to watch them to free some space.

Blitz (Jason Statham) 7/10 The usual stuff you can expect from him, but I felt they did a better job with the story line. I cant help it, always watch Statham starrers

Happy Gilmore (Adam Sandler) 7.5/10 Good movie saw a Sandler movie after a long time

Lawrence of Arabia 9.5/10 Always thought it would a sorta boring movie seeing the great reviews at the usual sites which I dont trust. But I was wrong this is a GREAT movie as the reviews suggested, though a bit long.

The Avaitor 8.5/10 A movie I had been avoiding for along time since it was long. Finally pulled the trigger seeing that I had nothing welse better to do. Biopic of Howard Hughes, a brilliant maverick according to me (I didn't know who he was before the movie, turns out he was the producer of great movies like Scarface and Outlaw, a aircraft designer, a entrepreneur).

The Station Agent (Peter Dinklage ie Tyrion Lannister Of the Game of Thrones) 7.5/10 A laid back movie

You don't mess with the Zohan (again Adam Sandler) 8/10 Good job by Sandler, don't go by the IMDb ratings it is a good movie

Psycho(Hitchcock movie) 9/10 movie with a great plot. A must watch.

Way Out West (1937- Laurel and Hardy) good comedy movie as you expect.

People like us - 9 / 10 . A feel good movie about half brother and sister ... who meet after their father's death.

Starring - Chris Pine, Olivia Wilde, Elizabeth Banks.

You don't mess with the Zohan (again Adam Sandler) 8/10 Good job by Sandler, don't go by the IMDb ratings it is a good movie

Psycho(Hitchcock movie) 9/10 movie with a great plot. A must watch.

Both are great! 10/10. These days i delete any uneless movies stored in my hdd.

Dredd (2012) - 7/10

Good visuals though the 3D was somewhat messed up - might be only in the theatre where I saw it (3/4th of the screen was 3D, rest blurred :S). Less story, lots of gunfights. Looked more like a comic book or a video game episode! :)

Edit: saw this in one of Reddit's thread comments
Old Dredd :p

New Dredd :bigok:

Dredd 3D. : 7/10. Lot more could have been done. It had so much potential. The storyline seemed lot like "Raid : The Redemption".. The sfx was awesome but very little scenes were there with it. The slow motion scenes were really awesome. But again they were few. Expected a lot bigger/longer fight in the end but ended too soon. But still it was a good attempt. Overall it was pretty stylish movie. Liked it.

Bronson 2008 (Tom Hardy) 8/10 Hoped more from this film due to Tom Hardy (read fighting), but all I got was an insane man locked up in prison.
Though the movie stick to the actual story would have definitely loved some good fights in it. On the other hand very good performance from Tom Hardy.

Seen Barfi!? Remember any good scenes from the movie, or even the music? Too bad, all those were rip-offs of a number of movies. I knew some of the scenes were inspired from Charlie Chaplin, Mr. Bean and The Notebook, but after re watching the original scenes, they're a direct scene-to-scene copies and not just inspired. I thought Anurag Basu was a good director, but it seems he had even Life in a Metro copied from "The Apartment" and same with Gangster too. Inspiration is good, but scene-to-scene copies? And moreover, this movie is the official entry to oscars. Great to send a movie to Hollywood which has many scenes copied from it, isn't it?

Barfi Scenes Inspired/Copied from The Notebook, Charlie Chaplin and Other Movies | Tanqeed Bollywood Forum

Back