Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

IF I STAY : 8/10

was good watch if u r not in finding mistakes in movie :p

Loved the concept thou not new ! The 17 year old Actoress was toooo cute to let the eyes go away ;)

^ Well thats your opinion.

Interstellar - 8/10
There have been some criticism against the movie. Some people find it too difficult to follow (wth was with the subtitles) and some thought it was pandering to people (with the plot points like:
taking a wide arc to approach Miller's planet, which seemed painfully obvious
I personally found it to have a good balance. There were some high concepts about gravity and 5th dimension etc. (yeah I dint get all of it) but then there were some easily explainable and obvious moments too.

Coming an year after Gravity dint help with the graphics comparison. The movies uses a lot of practical effects which I felt look good (ex made the shuttle feel like something out of Alien (1979) - depending on a person's view can be a good or a bad thing).

I did like they tried to explain away the moon landing...if something like this would have happened in an Indian movie ex. Chandrayaan didn't happen, god knows what drama people would have done.

But then there was -
love is quantifiable - that felt like it came out of a hindi movie...out of all the stuff about them, they (future humans) etc, Nolan had to shove it in.

Last edited:
Predestination - 7.5/10
Quite an interesting and weird time-travel movie based on the sci-fi trope 'Predestination Paradox'.

Maleficent - 6.5/10
Not too much into the fantasy genre, but this dark (wee bit) take on Disney's classic Sleeping Beauty was enjoyable while it lasted due to Jolie's presence.

Teenage ....Turtles : 6/10.
Dracula Untold : 8/10. (I liked how pieces of the Ottoman campaign were bound to the story-line).
The Maze Runner : 8/10. (Kind of reminiscent of Lord of the Flies", in a fleeting sense.)

Predestination : 8.5/10.. Liked it very much. Its a different take on time travel movie and end was also pretty good, didn't see it coming.
Exodus : 6.5/10.. I liked the first 20 minutes. After that it went totally down.

The Babadook 5/10

Had high hopes after reading the positive reviews. Has a good rating on IMDb and a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
I was very very disappointed. The first half was very slow. The second half a bit better. But overall it was not worth it.
Mostly it is the story of an annoying shrieking kid and his stressed mother. You will feel like slapping some sense into the kid 20mins into the film.

Conjuring 2 was bad but was much better in the thrill factor compared to this.

Hobbit : Battle of five Armies : 8.5/10... It was good. Lot of bollywood style deaths ruined it.
Penguins of madagascar : 7/10.. Nothing great story wise but it had its moments. Good of kids.

Lucy - 7/10
First half was real good as expected but the film just went in a completely different direction towards the end (totally unexpected). Went into the movie looking for a bad-ass ScarJo kicking some ass, but the movie went into philosophical ramblings of existence and purpose which wasn't half-bad per se but unexpected. Still ScarJo is first rate and ably carries the movie on her shoulders.

Back