Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Hobbit 3 : 6.5/10 : I loved the previous two parts. But in between I read the book. And didn't liked this part much.
The war scenes were boring. (well, not like what I expected after reading the book :p)

Equalizer 6.5/10 : Denzel Washington was the only reason to watch.
Gone Girl 7.5/10: Performance was great from everybody.
Triangle 6.5/10: The whole sea and ship setting was nice.

Dawn of the planet of the Apes - 8/10
Very good portrayal of the human-ape conflict with top-notch visual effects and some really amazing mocap work by Andy Serkis and other cast members.

If any movie which can beat Interstellar this year, would be this one: url

This is direct Oscars contender for Interstellar. Already nominated for Golden Globe and won Cannes best movie for this year for foreign category. Hope this wins!

Note: Not for faint hearted.

Saw this in the papers yest, looks like this saint has an ego problem.
Also, wth is msg ? all i can think of is chinese food.

PK - 6/10

Aamir's performance is top notch. Anushka played a fresh and bubbly girl yet again. Her haircut reminded me of Barkha Dutt a few times.

First half had quite a few LOL moments. Real LOL moments. After watching the first half, I was sensing the message that they wanted to give. But after watching the second half, I felt that they tried to do a little too much and muddled the message which they were trying to portray. And the romantic undertones played a big part in muddling the message.

I enjoyed "Oh My God" much more than this as they stuck to their plan and did not try to do too much.

Last edited:
^same here, liked first half. Second half was terribly bad, too cliched and bollywoodish. Also I felt Aamir overacted at many places and Anushka at all places :p

I would give 5.5/10. 2 points lost cos of stupid 2nd half. And I find it only one time watch movie. Unlike Munna Bhai MBBS.

^same here, liked first half. Second half was terribly bad, too cliched and bollywoodish. Also I felt Aamir overacted at many places and Anushka at all places [emoji14]

I would give 5.5/10. 2 points lost cos of stupid 2nd half. And I find it only one time watch movie. Unlike Munna Bhai MBBS.
Yes. It definitely is a one time only film.

Decreased my rating as I felt that I was being a bit too generous. [emoji14]

Lol :p

Btw watched two movies:

- Begin Again - Same old story, nothing new. But the way story is told and executed makes this movie good. Loved Mark Ruffalo and Kiera. Their expressions speak a lot, lots of such moments there. Movie kinda tries to say which is important between actual stuff vs gimmick (or that's what I interpret). And also, if you have talent you will end up at right places, inspite of shit luck. I would give 7.5/10.

- The Messenger - Not that Twilight babes horrible movie, this is different. Link - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790712/. Watched it for Woody Harrelson. Good movie if you are into Drama and war genre. I would give 7.5/10.

The Penguins of Madagascar - 6/10
Had quite a few LOL moments. A true family movie. Kids will definitely like it.
But it is nowhere near to the original Madagascar series as the chimps and fiona and gang are missing. King Julian has a guest appearance in the end.

Badshahi Angti (Bengali movie) - 7/10
Very good acting by Paran Bandopadhyay and Abir Chatterjee. Abir is very good as Feluda. Topse is back to being a kid. This movie was much much better than the Feluda movies dished out by Sandip Ray in the last decade.

Back