Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

madhuraj

Disciple
Jan 7, 2009
Equalizer 6.5/10 : Denzel Washington was the only reason to watch.
Gone Girl 7.5/10: Performance was great from everybody.
Triangle 6.5/10: The whole sea and ship setting was nice.

vigilante

Adept
Nov 28, 2011
Pune
Dawn of the planet of the Apes - 8/10
Very good portrayal of the human-ape conflict with top-notch visual effects and some really amazing mocap work by Andy Serkis and other cast members.

psyph3r

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
Pune
If any movie which can beat Interstellar this year, would be this one: url

This is direct Oscars contender for Interstellar. Already nominated for Golden Globe and won Cannes best movie for this year for foreign category. Hope this wins!

Note: Not for faint hearted.

Saw this in the papers yest, looks like this saint has an ego problem.
Also, wth is msg ? all i can think of is chinese food.

psyph3r

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
Pune
^Lol where do you see the hate in my comment ? you're the one mocking the movie
P.S. so much support for the movie in yt comments lol

cellar_door

Adept
May 14, 2007
Captain Phillips - 9/10
21 Jump Street - 7/10
22 Jump Street - 8/10
Predestination - 6/10

Glad to see I wasnt the only one who thought Predestination was rather meh. I could see it all coming a mile away. Its a fun movie but I think people are overrating it a tad.

hotshot05

Skilled
Sep 11, 2008
Kolkata
hotshot05.page.tl
PK - 6/10

Aamir's performance is top notch. Anushka played a fresh and bubbly girl yet again. Her haircut reminded me of Barkha Dutt a few times.

First half had quite a few LOL moments. Real LOL moments. After watching the first half, I was sensing the message that they wanted to give. But after watching the second half, I felt that they tried to do a little too much and muddled the message which they were trying to portray. And the romantic undertones played a big part in muddling the message.

I enjoyed "Oh My God" much more than this as they stuck to their plan and did not try to do too much.

Last edited:

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
^same here, liked first half. Second half was terribly bad, too cliched and bollywoodish. Also I felt Aamir overacted at many places and Anushka at all places :p

I would give 5.5/10. 2 points lost cos of stupid 2nd half. And I find it only one time watch movie. Unlike Munna Bhai MBBS.

hotshot05

Skilled
Sep 11, 2008
Kolkata
hotshot05.page.tl
^same here, liked first half. Second half was terribly bad, too cliched and bollywoodish. Also I felt Aamir overacted at many places and Anushka at all places [emoji14]

I would give 5.5/10. 2 points lost cos of stupid 2nd half. And I find it only one time watch movie. Unlike Munna Bhai MBBS.
Yes. It definitely is a one time only film.

Decreased my rating as I felt that I was being a bit too generous. [emoji14]

Reactions: avi

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
Lol :p

Btw watched two movies:

- Begin Again - Same old story, nothing new. But the way story is told and executed makes this movie good. Loved Mark Ruffalo and Kiera. Their expressions speak a lot, lots of such moments there. Movie kinda tries to say which is important between actual stuff vs gimmick (or that's what I interpret). And also, if you have talent you will end up at right places, inspite of shit luck. I would give 7.5/10.

- The Messenger - Not that Twilight babes horrible movie, this is different. Link - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790712/. Watched it for Woody Harrelson. Good movie if you are into Drama and war genre. I would give 7.5/10.

Reactions: mh09ad5578

hotshot05

Skilled
Sep 11, 2008
Kolkata
hotshot05.page.tl
The Penguins of Madagascar - 6/10
Had quite a few LOL moments. A true family movie. Kids will definitely like it.
But it is nowhere near to the original Madagascar series as the chimps and fiona and gang are missing. King Julian has a guest appearance in the end.

Badshahi Angti (Bengali movie) - 7/10
Very good acting by Paran Bandopadhyay and Abir Chatterjee. Abir is very good as Feluda. Topse is back to being a kid. This movie was much much better than the Feluda movies dished out by Sandip Ray in the last decade.

Reactions: Spacescreamer