Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

What kinda RomComs does the Missus like? The ones leaning more towards the Comedy bit or the Romance bit? That'll help with the suggestions.

The Ugly Truth, The Proposal, Runaway Bride, Notting Hill, Made of Honor, Blended, The Holiday, Valentine's Day, Groundhog Day, Harry Met Sally, America's Sweethearts ..... in addition to the other suggestions.

PS- Not saying that all these are necessarily good movies. But I feel it's a good mix to try out & get a feel for what's yay or nay.

Teeth? :p (do not imdb this at work btw
Rubber
Sharknado
Birdemic

In seriousness,

Stranger than fiction (not a typical will ferell movie)
Casablanca
500 days of summer
Date Night (steve carrell + tina fey)
40 year old virgin (especially the unrated version) - you would think this is only a crude comedy, but it lands up being really sweet as well as insanely hilarious - don't bother with any cut other than the unrated one, it is worth it.

What kinda RomComs does the Missus like? The ones leaning more towards the Comedy bit or the Romance bit? That'll help with the suggestions.

The Ugly Truth, The Proposal, Runaway Bride, Notting Hill, Made of Honor, Blended, The Holiday, Valentine's Day, Groundhog Day, Harry Met Sally, America's Sweethearts ..... in addition to the other suggestions.

PS- Not saying that all these are necessarily good movies. But I feel it's a good mix to try out & get a feel for what's yay or nay.

Anything will do.
It's just that it should not have ninjas jumping around with swords, big machines destroying the planet or a psychopath/zombies killing people (in short no blood and gore).

It's just that she is craving for such movies as its been a long time since she saw one.

Thanks for suggestions though. :)

Khap - 1/10
Good intentions. Bad movie.

J. Edgar - 5/10
Was expecting a better movie. And also, Wtf was wrong with the makeup guys.

Shanghai - 9/10
Haven't read Z yet, but this was one helluva powerful movie. Very well made.

Mad Max I - 8/10.

Saw this eons ago. Now revisiting the series: to prepare for Fury Road. Really good movie, and the bikes/cars are shown in such details. One can literally feel the engines thump and sense the speed. They sure, ran the cameras well. The villains are done well.

Road Warrior and Thunderdome (with diva Tina Turner), up next.....!

Chef - 8/10

Lovely movie. Would have rated this higher, but the movie looses pace at some parts. Though the second half is a delight, absolutely. And the "food" they show. Bacon lovers should watch this. Will bet you, it will make you go eat in a while.

Taken 3: - okay movie - rate it 7.8/10
Furious 7 - as expected - action scenes all top notch - sexy new girl added :D and the farewell scenes for Paul Walker pretty much does it.

Bonus the Wiz Kalifa Song for the Furious 7 movie.

Last edited:
Under the skin : I am not sure how or what to rate this. The movie is very highly rated by the critics but just didn't work for me. I was more like what the hell is point of all this. Then I read a review where it talked about the deeper meaning, the subtle subtext, repeated viewings and art form. ScarJo was the only reason I ventured into it and Frankly I felt I wasted 1.5 hrs just to see her in buff.

@sharktale1212

Maybe not that too dramatic coz Star Wars' trailer is more epic in my humble opinion. :)
Not talking about epicness. I take it you have not watched the trailer or not a fan of Terminator. With the "new twist" they have butchered the franchise completely. Matthew Mcconaughey's cry would have been more of "You maniacs. God damn you. God damn you all to hell" (to whoever thought of the idea and mostly to the person who cut the trailer).

Last edited:
Back