Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^Oh yeah, the Ring Wraiths were pretty much exactly what one would visualize reading the books. What was really good about the movies was that the art, architecture and costumes were made in absolute detail. Pretty much exactly what was described. Also, loved how the Shire was shown. But the changes were very jarring :(. Dont get me wrong, I still love the movies, but I dont think we will ever get a faithful rendition of the books. That makes me feel that the movies were a big missed opportunity.

Cant wait for the Hobbit movie though.

pretttt said:
You should'nt read the book then. It actually takes them days to reach the mountain after they enter Mordor. :)
I'm pretty sure if I read the book, I'll thoroughly enjoy it. Books are completely different than movies and no matter how great a movie you can make, it simply can't be better than the book.

pretttt said:
I wouldnt recommend Urvashi. The seats are horribly congested. Its like sitting in the backseat of a car. Virtually no leg room. I for one am never going back there. BTW, the new Inox at Mantri Mall is amazing. Bit expensive, but seats, audio everything is superb.
Ah.. I see.EVen I felt the same.but I heard they ahve again revamped the seats and all.May be it's not true then.
Watched Predators at Big Cinemas at Gopalan Mall, Rajrajeshwari Nagar.LOved the sound quality.Crisp.Seats are soft and comfortable too_Only hitch is that I cant stretch my legs under the seat in front of me after a while.If it's a hindi movie, tall me are screwed.

agantuk said:
Folks seen Peepli? Worth the hype? Or is it just media licking Aamir's feet for a free interview?
Going for Peepli today if I get the tickets. :p

Will know if it is worth all the hype.

funkysourav said:
anyone watched Hot Tub Time Machine??
5/10 - Not worth the watch

Watch "The bounty hunter" AWESOME WATCH (Because of Jenifer Aniston man she's :cupidon::wow: )
I'd rate it an 8/10

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (8/10) :)

asingh said:
Leaving for "The Expendables"...!

Ok, back.

Trying not to spoil it for others, but go for the action. Story line is not so strong --- but heck who cares. The "forced" intermission came so quick that I was amazed. Kind of like reminds of of UT3/GoW where big hefty men sit around and talk about war and only war. The bikes/car have roaring engines, the guns are on hyper rate of fire, the dialogues are testosterone heavy, and the comedy is cheezy. The hand - to - hand combat scene are amazing, with the editing crisp and precise. Apart from Stallone the character development is not much, the movie does not divulge too much on the back ground of the main players. Stallone/Arnold/Willis share frames together..!

Overall a good action movie, will keep your engaged for ~103 minutes.

Will give it an 8/10.

Expendables: 6/10. I found the movie totally overrated on IMDB, this was a movie where typically all the stars took out some time from their schedules to do a quickie. Story was totally absent, dialogues were pathetically cheesy, and the action was a semi let-down. Sure there were the usual adrenalin pumped gun fights, but I expected something grand (although got a glimpse of it early in movie, a plane scene is all I will say to avoid spoilers). It certainly did not look like Sly put any effort into the direction (am comparing his last rocky movie, which was so well directed).

Comparisions between this and A-Team are bound to arise, for me it was A-team hands down, the movie had a slightly better storyline, amazing acting, and some really well timed comic delivery. Sorry Sly but Liam Neeson > Sly+Statham+Li+Rourke etc.

The 6 ratings was for the Sly+Arnie+Willis screen.

Back