Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

By the way @rdst_1 if you haven't seen 'Inside Man' don't see it expecting something like 'Infernal Affairs' or a biological movie just because the title suggests something like it. The movie 'Inside Man' is far from it and yes you might find it boring but it is one of the best movies if you can watch it in it's entirety.

No I didn't hate the movie because of the word Hustle, but the whole title was 'The American Hustle'. I had really been waiting to watch this movie ever since I had seen it's trailer and I was one of the three people in the cinema hall watching the movie.
The thing is that, to me, the title 'The American Hustle' implied something huge, as in the baap of all hustles. I feel only such a big event can qualify to be called as 'The American Hustle'. You can say that this was closer to reality and how really things go down in real life, but unfortunately these days the hype around the movies is so huge that nearly every time I go with an expectation the movie seems not upto the mark to me. Same was the case with Elysium, Riddick 3 and quite a lot of movies this year.
I agreed with you in my post about the acting, depth of characters etc. but unfortunately the plot seemed weak to me. Again, I didn't know this was based on a real scam and I was expecting a more fictional plot with great twists and turns but that didn't happen. It was more of an account of what a person goes through when conning someone/ getting caught etc.
I loved Inside Man because, again it had a very solid plot and they always kept focus on the main storyline i.e. the robbery and the interrogation. In 'The American Hustle' the focus was seldom on the actual 'hustle' and that is what made me 'not like' the movie.

P.S. - Inside Man refers to an accomplice on the inside, so I don't know why you think I would expect a movie on biology if watching a movie with a title like that.

Focus on the highlighted bits from my earlier response and what you wrote. This is what happens when you rely on the title for the plot.

As far as why I thought you would expect a biological movie. Let's just say you are a bit predictable so baiting you is easy. I knew you would either think of a mole based movie or a sci-fi flick so I provided those 2 options and you picked up the mole based flick. Believe me there is no mole in Inside Man. It is not a sci-fi flick either.

Riddick 3? - Me to a friend who saw Riddick 3 - "So how was 'Red Dick'?"
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. Me to a friend who saw it - "So how was 'Bhaag Gurkha Bhaag'?"
Elysium - Me to you - "So how was Asylum?"

Enough trolling. Let's move on especially considering it is no longer the last movie I saw...

Fukrey -
With the current state of bollywood we will have to consider movies like these as gems.
I will recommend this movie simply for the fact that there is no south indian action (no offense to South Indians) in it. It is genuinely funny and has a plot (unlike most bollywood movies these days).

Awesomeness : http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/23/5337264/the-raid-2-review "With a bigger budget and even grander ambitions, The Raid 2 is a sprawling epic that takes memorable characters, polished filmmaking, and truly audacious action choreography and spins them all into a delirious gangster drama that’s the most invigorating action movie I’ve seen in years."

Something precious I found in the comments, a must read for those who have watched Raid : Redemption : http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-most-baffling-subtitles-in-foreign-action-movie-history/ :D:D:D

Awesomeness : http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/23/5337264/the-raid-2-review "With a bigger budget and even grander ambitions, The Raid 2 is a sprawling epic that takes memorable characters, polished filmmaking, and truly audacious action choreography and spins them all into a delirious gangster drama that’s the most invigorating action movie I’ve seen in years."

Something precious I found in the comments, a must read for those who have watched Raid : Redemption : http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-most-baffling-subtitles-in-foreign-action-movie-history/ :D:D:D
EPIC Cracked article ! ROFL.

I would love to see a movie made on Prince of Persia - Warrior Within. Dont know why its the only story line in a game that really made an impression on my ever so dusty memory.

Any recommendations for any worthwhile Hindi movies ? I don't see much english ones. Need not be a commercial hit (anyways most commercial hits are actually 3rd class movies like dhoom3).

Couple of months or more back i was surfing channels and a movie named "Kaam ka plot" was just starting. So i watched the movie and very much enjoyed it. It was a different type of movie and with characters like Ranvir Shourey, Sandhya Mridul and Vinay Pathak, performances were really good.

Any recommendations for any worthwhile Hindi movies ? I don't see much english ones. Need not be a commercial hit (anyways most commercial hits are actually 3rd class movies like dhoom3).

Couple of months or more back i was surfing channels and a movie named "Kaam ka plot" was just starting. So i watched the movie and very much enjoyed it. It was a different type of movie and with characters like Ranvir Shourey, Sandhya Mridul and Vinay Pathak, performances were really good.

Watch these:

1. Ek Ruka Hua Faisla.
2. Ittefaq.
3. Faraar.
4. Ankur.
5. Saudagar (Amitabh one).
6. Mirch Masala.
7. Is Raath ke Subah Naheen.
8. Mrigayaa (Mithun debuts and grabs the National Best Actor).
9. Saath Hindustani.
10. Trikaal.

Recently watched
  • About Time : 7/10 : interesting
  • Escape Plan : 5/10 : waste. But I liked watching the oldies - Stallone & Arnie :p

And,
  • Dhomm 3 : 1/10 : :mad::eek::eek:

Man of Tai Chi - 9/10.
The essence of the movie was really great. This was a movie about Chi - our life force and how it can make or destroy us, not a typical kung-fu movie. Great directorial debut by Keanu Reeves. He is such an understated person/superstar but I count him among the best of his generation.

I was watching Katha on youtube yesterday.. it's an awesome movie..

Back