Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Gojiraa ... 7.5/10...IT was awesome. THe action scenes were less and it had very little less story. But the godzilla was huge and awesome. When i came out of theatre(imax) everywhere i looked in distant horizon, eyes were searching for godzilla..:)

Reviews for - Godzilla & The Amazing Spiderman 2

Godzilla (2014) -
Godzilla I for some reason thought would be a great movie and unlike @devesh38 when I stepped out of IMAX I went to get a cup of coffee to get rid of the drowsiness. I didn't have to look in distant searching for coffee shops because at Phoenix Mills there were plenty of options.

The Movie -
At the start the movie was so slow and I thought it would be like Peter Jackson's King Kong, the Kong arrives a bit late but stays the main for the remainder of the film. They try a similar formula and try to set up events that lead to the troublesome period and character development. They fail in both departments. The events and characters are both irrelevant and both together render the plot useless. The untrimmed plot is just an excuse to get to the action scenes which are also disappointing. There were a few times when there could have been epic battles but the movie switches focus to some measly important scene.

It is like watching Rocky 4, you see Drago and Rocky step in to the ring to start the match, then the focus switches to his Rocky's son watch the match on the tv and leaves without watching the end of that match and then the scene switches to Rocky and Adrian boarding a flight to come back to US.

This is exactly how bad the earlier battles between Godzilla and male or female Muto were. If you can't show them fighting any earlier than during the climax then work on the script so that Godzilla doesn't run into them until the end of the movie. Also if you initiate something finish it show the Muto escape or something.

They could have shown a bit more of how Humans tried to battle these monsters in the movie instead of the melodrama and showing incomplete fights.

By the time the movie crawled its way to the final battle I was left wondering what did I pay for - a giant reptile causing havoc, 2 giant creatures that are hellbent on mating and are a fusion of bats and praying mantis or the story of a Son who also happens to be a father who is conveniently present everywhere but is pretty much useless.

The final battle okay at best.

Final Thought - I would say wait for some channel to show this movie or if you could source it from somewhere for free and watch only the end bit.

The Amazing Spiderman 2
Andrew Garfield as Spiderman is amazing, the movie is good. So the title is a bit misleading unless they want to convey that this is 'The Amazing Spiderman' just like 'The Spectacular Spiderman'.

The Movie -
The movie starts off great. At times turning into a teen rom-com but peppered with action scene.

The most important in a superhero movie is the development of the supehero and the villains. The superhero was already established so let's move on to the villains.

Electro is supposed to be a simple minded thief but in this movie happens to be an electrical engineer who seems to be neglected by everyone around him. His reason to do what he did after becoming Electro isn't very convincing but the display of his powers sway my vote.

Green Goblin is Spiderman's arch nemesis. Unfortunately in this movie he is as emo as Dante from the new Devil May Cry game and gets his bottom kicked in a few minutes. In short he was a wimp before turning into Green Goblin and a wimp afterwards as well.

The acting and plot was okay but the plot at times left a few loose ends.

Final Thought - A good spiderman well worth watching.

About Time - 8/10
A sweet movie telling about life's worth. Reminds you how valuable the present day is.

The Sorcerer - 7.3/10
Watch this for the cinematography. Last 20 mins is where the action really resides.

Sleuth - 7.2/10
Slipped more than i would have liked.

Godzilla : 7/10
Slow on the build-up but amazing action pieces and effects. Godzilla should have been given more screen time though.

Rush : 8/10
Wow this was an exhilarating movie ! Great performance by Daniel Bruhl and the racing scenes provided pure adrenaline rush.

The dark knight returns (animated) Part 1 and 2 : 7.5/10
Had heard very much about how this Frank Miller story is one of the best Batman stories, so procured these animated ones. Man, this story is quite intense and heavy. Totally enjoyed this take on an aged and retired Bruce Wayne coming out once again to do what he does best (this is the premise of the story and not a spoiler). Could see the story references in Dark Knight Rises (Nolan had said that he had referred to this story). Even the new batsuit from Superman vs Batman looks like it's inspired from here.

[SPOILER ALERT]
Godzilla sure was fun.But yes, Godzilla's less screen time did make me a little unhappy too.But I can live with that. But I expected atleast one god open fight with a brighter lighting. It's pleasantly surprising that the anticipation of seeing godzilla didn't die down after half the movie, thanks to the director. But there was too much running around to save nukes from the MUTO. Also Bryan Cranston dies early. wtf!!!

I know its late but watched all the 6 Star Wars movies.

Completely blown away by the quality of sfx/animation during the 1980s/90s (episodes 4-6) !

Also liked the next three movies, awesome story and great sets/landscapes!

10/10 for all the 6 movies!

I have become a Star Wars and Lucas fan!

"May The Force Be with You"

Godzilla.

First movie on Imax 3D. I wish i didn't went for it. utter nonsense. What was the movie about? the last scene made me laugh so hard. :D :D

Is there any prequel to this? Like Frank miller's comic Batman Year One is there. Can you give me the order of the movies, I should watch
I think this is a standalone story and as far as DC universe continuity is concerned this is a part of some other Earth (not too familiar with the DC Multiverse, someone knowledgeable can enlighten me). I think you can watch them in any order. The other noticeable DC animated movies featuring Batman in the order they were released.
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Batman: Year One
Justice League: Doom
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2
Justice League: War

The latest one is Son of Batman which I have just downloaded.

These are the most recent ones. There are others prior to these as well.

Possible spoiler for The dark knight returns
Now that I remember, there is one reference to Superman and Green Arrow having some history. Anyone can throw some light on this?

X-Men Days of the Future Past : 7.5/10.. Not as good as first class, but this is the best movie of this summer. Action was little less.

To me the movie felt like it was after X-Men 2 ignored the X-Men 3 last stand (Professor died in 3).
I felt they didn't use the characters much in this movie. First class used the main characters in a better way.
and then in the last using parallel universe theory just created a new universe where X-Men 1, X-Men 2 and X-men-3 movies never happened. Thereby opening up for a new future for continuing the story in there own way.

Kochadaiyan 6/10 typical Rajni flick, Quality is good to Indian standards.

X-men days of Future past 8/10. Honestly the best movie of this year yet imo!
& make way for Apocalypse !

Drishyam (Malayalam) - 9/10

Definitely one of the better Indian movies that I watched recently. Everything checks off wonderfully - screenplay, dialogues (I don't know malayalam.. :p I can understand most of it though), cinematography etc.. The acting by the main leads is remarkable. Mohanlal, we expect such a performance from him by default. But Meena also really impressed in her role. No unnecessary characters in the movie. Loved it. A must-watch, in my books.

Kochadaiyaan - 7/10
Movie is good because of Thalaivar,Screenplay and BGM.3D lacks depth,better to watch in 2D.As people here have seen shit load of movies this may look lame but a small step for indian movies and a giant leap for years to come.
P.S:Enjoyed Nagesh very much.

Back