Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^ You wouldn't have known why Scott Lang went into the Quantum Realm in the first place, how he got stuck there, etc etc. I'm not saying you wouldn't have understood Endgame if you didn't see Ant Man 2, just that you'd be looking at the entire puzzle with one piece missing.. :)

Avengers Endgame: 10/10

It's emotional as well as a master piece - a fitting conclusion to Avengers and MCU. Last 45 mins or so are completely gripping with most cheered/clapped moments. Though it is a 3 hours long movie, it did not feel like one. Definitely a must watch.

I loved it 3000 times. Though :sob: for Iron man. Quite many people sobbed in theater. Personally, I felt character of Thor is too diluted in this one except one fight with Thanos in end

^^About Thor
..I really feel for the Bernadette character on last episode of BBT, who wanted to see the movie in 3D just to get 'some' feel of Thor's ass in 3d. :D :D

One thing for sure, it didn't felt like a 3 hour movie.

Avengers Endgame: 10/10

It's emotional as well as a master piece - a fitting conclusion to Avengers and MCU. Last 45 mins or so are completely gripping with most cheered/clapped moments. Though it is a 3 hours long movie, it did not feel like one. Definitely a must watch.

I loved it 3000 times. Though :sob: for Iron man. Quite many people sobbed in theater. Personally, I felt character of Thor is too diluted in this one except one fight with Thanos in end
atleast thor joined the guardians of galaxy now :p[DOUBLEPOST=1556548175][/DOUBLEPOST]
^ You wouldn't have known why Scott Lang went into the Quantum Realm in the first place, how he got stuck there, etc etc. I'm not saying you wouldn't have understood Endgame if you didn't see Ant Man 2, just that you'd be looking at the entire puzzle with one piece missing.. :)
yeah I just knew his girlfriend became the wasp and he was stuck in quantum realm in ant man 2. I'll watch it soon

Even with some nags and flubs, Endgame is great.

I am not going to rate it. Either you like Marvel movies and you'll enjoy Endgame or you don't care for Marvel movies and there's nothing for you in it.

^ my friend who only watches few marvel movies watched it and loved it. HE actualyl saw winter soldier the day before endgame and he was one to book tickets for endgame after he watched infinity war with me

Endgame was good fun but nowhere in the realm of a masterpiece, movie was 7/10 at best.

Liked Infinity Wars better. Thanos wasn't portrayed as a comic book villain, he had actual perspective to offer.
Endgame trashed all that. Thanos is now a cardboard cutout kill-em-all baddie. And time travel was such a cop-out, meh.

Also the first-half was kind of a snooze fest. I went with my kid nephew who is a big MCU fan and he was bored up until the point Cap'n finally uttered those words for the first time in 11 years.
I myself didn't find it boring, but as these movies are primarily made for kids I feel that was important.

John Wick 3 [2019] - 6.5/10
Was pretty drab the whole way through. More of a congregation of models and stylists than actors. The previous movies too were not known for acting prowess, but director Chad Stahelski, who was the stunt man for Keanu Reeves in the Matrix, missed the mark this time by a long shot.

Chasing Coral
[2017]
- 8.5/10
Very educational and presses home a point we all have willingly ignored.
The way coral's rotting flesh was shown, how the corals changed colours with 2 degree increase in temperature, and how they turned luminescent before wilting away... became quite emotional while watching this. Visit this link by the same team - http://chasingcoral.com/

Totò, Peppino e... la malafemmina [1956] - 7.5/10
Some exceptional writing and brilliant execution. Definitely something that I would have liked to see earlier.
Comedy gold imo and the types that I would prefer to be running more often on that classic movies channel which we resort to when there is nothing worthwhile on tv.

Manbiki kazoku AKA Shoplifters [2018] - 8/10
Human emotions and life's travesty. Very well done.

Paddington 2 [2017] - 7.8/10
Entertainment for the whole family. Good mix of twists and turns and comedy.

How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World [2019] - 5.5/10
Flop of the year imo. Just eager to wrap the things up. Apart from the animation, it was a pretty hollow project.

John Wick 3: 7/10. A very simplistic story line with lots of action just like any other John Wick movie. Entertaining watch for action fans. They were inspired from hindi movies a bit as the hero didn't need to reload the gun as much :p

De de pyaar de: 5/10. Very entertaining first half. Wanted to kill myself in the second.

John Wick 3: 7/10. A very simplistic story line with lots of action just like any other John Wick movie. Entertaining watch for action fans. They were inspired from hindi movies a bit as the hero didn't need to reload the gun as much :p

De de pyaar de: 5/10. Very entertaining first half. Wanted to kill myself in the second.
Oh no no. If you look at the shot count and compare it to the weapons IRL he's using you will see that they are exactly matched.

This is something a few weapons channels I follow on Youtube pointed out. The stunt directors were so precise about this matter that if you see John picking up some one else's gun the magazine doesn't have the full load of rounds and no. of shots are lower.

Look up some of the 3 gun training videos of Keanu on Taran Tactical and you'll know what I mean.

Oh no no. If you look at the shot count and compare it to the weapons IRL he's using you will see that they are exactly matched.

This is something a few weapons channels I follow on Youtube pointed out. The stunt directors were so precise about this matter that if you see John picking up some one else's gun the magazine doesn't have the full load of rounds and no. of shots are lower.

Look up some of the 3 gun training videos of Keanu on Taran Tactical and you'll know what I mean.

At one point, when he was fighting the armored guys in the continental, I saw him reload the shotgun with one shell and fire 5 rounds. But I don't think people making John Wick would make such rookie mistake :p

Kabir Singh: 8/10

Watched it on the very next day of release. Lengthy movie: 3 hours.

Haven't yet watched the original South one so cannot relate this.

Story is interesting in the first hour and the last hour. Kiara looks a little programmed bot in the first half as she only nods or says yes as if she got no opinions or lines to express but her innocence is soothing.
Shahid portrayed the image perfectly by being romantic + angry man and then the Devdas.

Second half was bit bore and stretchy... Needless to say could had summed up well short in 30 odd mins ...usual family drama and then shahid becomes devdas in memories of his gf. Where he goes drug addict and extremely alcoholic which was shown beyond anything. Bit of psychotic too. But as said he carried the image very well & Nailed it! Even being a drug addict he performed record perfect surgeries etc. Not actually possible in real life though.

Last half too interesting... Court case, losing job, family support, his truthful behaviour, suddenly finding her etc etc...

Extreme last 15mins.. I know 3hrs but the end was a clear hush rush for the storyline. I mean suddenly both families going great from bitter enemies to all AOK? Seriously! And an instant marriage... This actually killed the flow. It could had ended better by a slight stretch and could had compensated for the 2nd hours boredom.

Final words esp. for young generation:
Hope young generation boys dont try to copy shahid in real life else they are dead for sure!

Spiderman Far from Home: 9/10.
Solid performances all around. Good storyline, great VFX.
There's one particular entry that exited me more than anything else, but won't post as it will be a spoiler.
Both the post credit scenes are as good as the movie itself, so you should not miss them at any cost.

Back