Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

I have not hated any screen character with the intensity I hated Adam Driver for a long time.
Haha agreed. It's a good movie with good acting and everything, just not something I'd rewatch, probably because the characters were not particularly likable.

Night in Paradise - 7
Deliver us from Evil - 6.8
Both are decently good gangster/crime thrillers. They don't outdo other Korean movies in the same genre but hold their own.

Started watching Iranian movies, done with Asghar Farhadi's major work
1. Firework Wednesday
2. About Elly
3. The Salesman
4. A Separation
5. A Hero

I'd seen separation earlier, recently watched rest of his work, he's a master story teller , if anyone's interested in realistic cinema. Should give a watch, especially no. 1 and 4

The Batman - 8/10
Best opening by far for a Batman movie... Even considering Nolan movies. Pattinson's voice is very uniquely suited to voiceovers and a young Batman. This one borrows a lot of story points from the Long Halloween. I really liked Reeves' style in adapting comic book/animated stuff. Also, this Gotham felt more original. Nolan's Gotham was just another darkish US city, but this was more comic accurate, the city structure, buildings and all. This Batman makes mistakes, is not always sure of himself, but you can see how that leaves room for character devlopment and the sequel can be much better with that. The only downside was the climax, I think. I think Reeves wanted to make a noir-detective-thriller and that is fine, he very much succeeded to that end goal. But that genre does not lead to a climax of big action spectacles that the modern formulaic superhero movies demand. So, the climax felt a bit out place than the rest of the story. Other than that small nitpicking, I loved this movie. The score and sound designing are amazing. The revving of the Batmobile has to be experienced in a Dolby Atmost theatre. When it appeared, I told my brother who was watching with me, that Batman is the only movie where the hero's vehicle also gets a grand entry scene as important as the hero himself. And boy, does it pay off this time! :D

Saw No Country For Old Men yesterday. Storyline was great for those who are fans of old westerns and casting was phenomenal especially Javier Bardem as a madman. Highly recommended!

Once again watched it...Do not remember the exact count but it surely more than 5 times

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

8/10

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is full of little, unforgettable moments that come together to provide a beautiful, though predictable, story about enjoying life.

Back