Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Don't Look Up on Netflix
2/10 and it scores only for the plot. Terrible beyond the first 10 minutes.

Also, I was planning to watch Matrix Resurrections but the trailer did make me feel it was going to be a waste and @powervgx confirmed it.

Spider man Far from home was very good but the subpar 3D experience ruined it for me. The movie gave me slight headache even though I have some sort of cosmic immunity to headaches. The movie was very dark and desaturated too. Still the movie is a must watch if someone has watched Tobey and Andrew movies. For a first time viewer the movie is decent but may feel confusing and sometimes a drag. For people who have never watched the old series or have no idea of multiverse, it is a skip.
Matrix resurrection was total garbage. Even a person who has watched the original three multiple times and has a solid idea of what is matrix and what is going on in the movie, the movie is still total crap. Skip it and rewatch the original.

Far From Home is MCU Spider-Man 2. You mean No Way Home, the third film. Yes, 3D is terrible in Indian Cinemas. I don't know why we still have them. Given a choice, I always prefer to watch 2D. Passive 3D that most of our theatres use is like 90s tech, simply hot garbage. I wish we had more IMAX theatres in tier 2 and 3 cities. Movies like Dune, Spider-Man NWH and next Multiverse of Madness deserve to be watched in IMAX in their full glory. The sound systems and projectors in most of our single-screen theatres are so ancient, charging full ticket prices should be a crime. Even multiplexes are subpar compared to a real IMAX.

Spider man Far from home was very good but the subpar 3D experience ruined it for me. The movie gave me slight headache even though I have some sort of cosmic immunity to headaches. The movie was very dark and desaturated too. Still the movie is a must watch if someone has watched Tobey and Andrew movies. For a first time viewer the movie is decent but may feel confusing and sometimes a drag. For people who have never watched the old series or have no idea of multiverse, it is a skip.
Matrix resurrection was total garbage. Even a person who has watched the original three multiple times and has a solid idea of what is matrix and what is going on in the movie, the movie is still total crap. Skip it and rewatch the original.
I liked Spiderman and watched it in IMAX 3D. The 3D was good in IMAX. Yes, Matrix resurrection could not even be compared to garbage. I felt the VFX was horrible and the movie was slow and dragging. This movie is disrespect to the other Matrix movies.

Far From Home is MCU Spider-Man 2. You mean No Way Home, the third film. Yes, 3D is terrible in Indian Cinemas. I don't know why we still have them. Given a choice, I always prefer to watch 2D. Passive 3D that most of our theatres use is like 90s tech, simply hot garbage. I wish we had more IMAX theatres in tier 2 and 3 cities. Movies like Dune, Spider-Man NWH and next Multiverse of Madness deserve to be watched in IMAX in their full glory. The sound systems and projectors in most of our single-screen theatres are so ancient, charging full ticket prices should be a crime. Even multiplexes are subpar compared to a real IMAX.
Yeah, I meant no way home. The only theater at my location almost always show 3D movies so that it can charge a premium. Fortunately the sound is pretty good. I watched 3 3D movies there. Infinity war, End game and Aquaman. I always found 3D to be a bit blurred and dark compared to the 2D. But at least the movies did not give me any headache, the color saturation was proper and it was not too dark. No way home was so bad in picture quality that I decided not to watch any movie in 3D from now on.
My local theater has become a curse for me. 3D is too dark, desaturated, headache inducing and 2D has deafening sound. I failed to enjoy Godzilla vs Kong because of insanely loud sound.

Yeah, I meant no way home. The only theater at my location almost always show 3D movies so that it can charge a premium. Fortunately the sound is pretty good. I watched 3 3D movies there. Infinity war, End game and Aquaman. I always found 3D to be a bit blurred and dark compared to the 2D. But at least the movies did not give me any headache, the color saturation was proper and it was not too dark. No way home was so bad in picture quality that I decided not to watch any movie in 3D from now on.
My local theater has become a curse for me. 3D is too dark, desaturated, headache inducing and 2D has deafening sound. I failed to enjoy Godzilla vs Kong because of insanely loud sound.
Local theaters are dubbing English movies to local language which is a curse to cinema goers nowadays.

Gone are the days when we can see good movies with Rs75.

Spider Man No Way Home 8/10
I might have rated higher but my experience was marred by the terrible 3D/quality and all the shouting.
I watched it at a different theater and it was so blurry I thought it was watching a 240p video in some scenes.

That movie is supposed to be cringy. So if that's what you felt, they have done their job pretty well.
yes Dont look up is "satirical science fiction" i would say its hits bulls eye for that context.
just like we have seen protest against a protest in India :D glad to know its global phenomenon and its not just India.
but the movie was so slow and boring, need lots of patience... i completed in 3-4 sittings.
----------------

seen IPC 420 - decent, worth watching.

Last edited:
yes Dont look up is "satirical science fiction" i would say its hits bulls eye for that context.
just like we have seen protest against a protest in India :D glad to know its global phenomenon and its not just India.
but the movie was so slow and boring, need lots of patience... i completed in 3-4 sittings.
----------------

seen IPC 420 - decent, worth watching.
Where is it located? In what OTT platform?

Back