Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

The Batman - 8/10. Finally something worthwhile from DC in a long time. I was apprehensive of Robert as the Batman but he is good. Colin Farrell was unrecognizably good, Paul Dano is excellent and watch out for a cameo from "you know who" towards the end. The background score is probably one of the best in any of the DC adaptations, I have heard.

Batman - 8/10. Watch in Imax, totally worth it
Movie definitely 8/10, beautifully made more like an adapted version of comic strips, Scores were refreshed, as no Hans Zimmer.
The only thing i notices - that the movie left many many blurred points., but i guess this series is going to follow the long halloween storyline.

depend on which IMAX you visiting, i went cinepolis and they totally f*ked the experience for us.
Subtitles were on!! (I hate f*ing subtitles) and not only that - it was HUGE fonts, very very distracting and annoying.
the movie was censored as hell, blurs, mutes and beeps throughout the movie.
And on top of it, the show had only about 10-15 people so those idiots turned the AC off, it was suffocating with no one to complaining.
I have sent a complain mail to Cinepolis - but that not going to help i know.

I guess i will never visit theatre - specially cinepolis IMAX for any of my anticipated movie from now on.

I have to wait 45 days so watch this movie again in streaming/torrents.
The background score is probably one of the best in any of the DC adaptations, I have heard.
yes m my ears were adjusted with hans zimmer score.
This is totally new approach ... background during the chasing scene is the showstopper.

Last edited:
Movie definitely 8/10, beautifully made more like an adapted version of comic strips, Scores were refreshed, as no Hans Zimmer.
The only thing i notices - that the movie left many many blurred points., but i guess this series is going to follow the long halloween storyline.

depend on which IMAX you visiting, i went cinepolis and they totally f*ked the experience for us.
Subtitles were on!! (I hate f*ing subtitles) and not only that - it was HUGE fonts, very very distracting and annoying.
the movie was censored as hell, blurs, mutes and beeps throughout the movie.
And on top of it, the show had only about 10-15 people so those idiots turned the AC off, it was suffocating with no one to complaining.
I have sent a complain mail to Cinepolis - but that not going to help i know.

I guess i will never visit theatre - specially cinepolis IMAX for any of my anticipated movie from now on.

I have to wait 45 days so watch this movie again in streaming/torrents.

yes m my ears were adjusted with hans zimmer score.
This is totally new approach ... background during the chasing scene is the showstopper.

subtitles and censor is all over India. My friend in Delhi also confirmed.

Have you watched the animated Long Halloween? It's a very faithful adaptation of the comic. Many of the story elements are there. But I liked the changes made by Reeves in this, like discarding Harvey Dent as we have already seen that story. My only gripe is that Long Halloween has a very satisfying end to the story after much suspense around Holiday's real identity. This one did other parts well though. The chemistry between the two leads is not jarring or out of place. More importantly, Batman seems to be evolving/changing throughout the story. I loved the constant comparisons/reminders through the Mayor's kid.

subtitles and censor is all over India. My friend in Delhi also confirmed.
My theatre didn't have subtitles, I am in Ahmedabad. But I hated the constant beeping of '****'.

EDIT: Lmao, I didn't know TE also beeps out f-u-c-k. Talk about irony. :D

Off Beat but to me "Jo Jeet Wohi Sikandar " is the one
School life school se ate hi khana.....sham ko khelna dost ke sath rat ko tv dekhna ✌✌✌✌bas wohi jindegi thi .....kya life tha yaro...par aab ,......................................................?

There's a difference between IMAX branding and big screen IMAX. The latter is what people think of when they hear the word IMAX but the company has been branding normal 2K screens as IMAX as well. There's been a lot of backlash as the company doesn't differentiate between the two.

If you want to see movie on proper big screen IMAX then there are like half a dozen screens or so like that in India. Mumbai has only one IMAX screen at Wadala. Rest all are just normal theaters with IMAX branding.

Rest are all regular sized screens with IMAX branding.

There's a difference between IMAX branding and big screen IMAX. The latter is what people think of when they hear the word IMAX but the company has been branding normal 2K screens as IMAX as well. There's been a lot of backlash as the company doesn't differentiate between the two.

If you want to see movie on proper big screen IMAX then there are like half a dozen screens or so like that in India. Mumbai has only one IMAX screen at Wadala. Rest all are just normal theaters with IMAX branding.

Rest are all regular sized screens with IMAX branding.

If you are talking of dome in Wadala, Mumbai, that shut long back I think. I saw matrix revolution on it and it was wow.
This Imax screen in Wadla is the only large screen one ? I saw in Imax Malad Inorbit Mall but Im guessing its 2K then and not a large screen ?

If you are talking of dome in Wadala, Mumbai, that shut long back I think. I saw matrix revolution on it and it was wow.
This Imax screen in Wadla is the only large screen one ? I saw in Imax Malad Inorbit Mall but Im guessing its 2K then and not a large screen ?
Wadala screen used to be dome IMAX which is a specific format. It used for IMAX special documentaries but not used by commercial movies. So they reconfigured it for flat screen back in 2007-08 I think.

And yeah, Wadala Screen 5 is the only large screen. All other IMAX screens in Mumbai are just normal sized multiplexes with IMAX branding.

I saw in Imax Malad Inorbit Mall but Im guessing its 2K then and not a large screen ?
I watched it in the screen 3( Imax screen), Inorbit Malad yesterday. The film is Imax enhanced, I hear, not natively shot in IMAX, sound was good but was disappointed by the video quality. Was hoping the full screen would be used, but the black lines above and below never went away in any of the scenes.
Wadala screen used to be dome IMAX which is a specific format. It used for IMAX special documentaries but not used by commercial movies. So they reconfigured it for flat screen back in 2007-08 I think.

And yeah, Wadala Screen 5 is the only large screen. All other IMAX screens in Mumbai are just normal sized multiplexes with IMAX branding.
Imax screens, even while not being a dome, are different not the same as regular screens. The black lines are not visible in scenes shot on IMAX cameras. See Dark Knight and Dunkirk as examples, u will notice that the aspect ratio changes depending on the scene/camera used. Imax cameras have size and noise challenges and hence directors do not/cannot shoot all scenes of film on IMAX cameras. And then there's cost.

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_155826.jpg
    IMG_20220312_155826.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 99
Imax screens, even while not being a dome, are different not the same as regular screens. The black lines are not visible in scenes shot on IMAX cameras. See Dark Knight and Dunkirk as examples, u will notice that the aspect ratio changes depending on the scene/camera used. Imax cameras have size and noise challenges and hence directors do not/cannot shoot all scenes of film on IMAX cameras. And then there's cost.
1. IMAX screens are big. Or at least should be according to movie lovers. That's why other regular sized IMAX are called LieMAX. Including the one in your screenshot (PVR at Lower Parel, right?). Even movies not shot in IMAX are a great experience on an IMAX screen.
2. Aspect ratio of IMAX film format is close to square. Which also has size and noise challenges due to actual film reel in it. That's not a problem with digital cameras like ARRI Alexa.
3. The screen in your photo doesn't have aspect ratio of proper IMAX as far as I'm aware. It's just a normal multiplex sized screen with IMAX branding. Otherwise there would be more screen on top and at bottom to accommodate proper IMAX format as and when required.

The Batman has aspect ratio of 2.40:1throughout, which is a standard ratio for movies. Dunkirk had scenes in 1.43:1 ratio which filled the IMAX screen at Wadala.

See for yourself the difference between the two (top left vs bottom right)

0d7rdw0iepq71[1].jpg

1. IMAX screens are big. Or at least should be according to movie lovers. That's why other regular sized IMAX are called LieMAX. Including the one in your screenshot (PVR at Lower Parel, right?). Even movies not shot in IMAX are a great experience on an IMAX screen.
2. Aspect ratio of IMAX film format is close to square. Which also has size and noise challenges due to actual film reel in it. That's not a problem with digital cameras like ARRI Alexa.
3. The screen in your photo doesn't have aspect ratio of proper IMAX as far as I'm aware. It's just a normal multiplex sized screen with IMAX branding. Otherwise there would be more screen on top and at bottom to accommodate proper IMAX format as and when required.

The Batman has aspect ratio of 2.40:1throughout, which is a standard ratio for movies. Dunkirk had scenes in 1.43:1 ratio which filled the IMAX screen at Wadala.

See for yourself the difference between the two (top left vs bottom right)

View attachment 129171
1) My pic was from the Imax screen in Inorbit Malad.

2) The screen in there is much more square like. But yes, seemed to be 1:90:1

3) Im pretty sure it is Imax, else they wouldn't have got the certification. I noticed yesterday that even the speakers had IMAX branded on there, indicating they are certified.

But yes, the whole Shot in Imax and "Enhanced for Imax" is a bit dodgy. Even new AVRs have the "IMAX" certification. Hence many saying most of it is LieMax.

Mulholland Drive - its one of those movies that you won't understand anything after the movie ends the first time and you will need to watch 2 times atleast to truly admire its beauty.
Just after my first watch I would've rated it 7/10 but then I kept thinking about it whenever I got time and read a few hints and stuff started making sense and all the visual elements started growing on me and currently I can safely say its a 9/10. This score may increase after my next watch. Highly recommended.

In Bruges - watched this beauty again after a long time and it made me chuckle a lot more than I expected. Totally my type of dark comedy. Brendan Gleeson is fantastic and that fall scene hits way hard (pun not intended). Highly recommended.

Coda - avg story made interesting by casting some very good deaf actors. Depicts the regular teenage drama with family and school, everything in ASL. Totally worth a one time watch.
After watching this, I wish there were more serious movies with actors with disabilities. Can't expect anything from bollywood which seems to make mockery of every disability.

Movie suggestion for people planning to watch The Batman, do have a look at Prisoners (2013) starring Paul Dano (Riddler), H Jackman, J Gyllenhaal, directed by D Villeneuve. Highly recommended. You may get scares while boiling water for the rest of your life.

1) My pic was from the Imax screen in Inorbit Malad.

2) The screen in there is much more square like. But yes, seemed to be 1:90:1

3) Im pretty sure it is Imax, else they wouldn't have got the certification. I noticed yesterday that even the speakers had IMAX branded on there, indicating they are certified.

But yes, the whole Shot in Imax and "Enhanced for Imax" is a bit dodgy. Even new AVRs have the "IMAX" certification. Hence many saying most of it is LieMax.
For the last time, it's only branded as IMAX. The screen size is nearly same as any other multiplex screen. Please go to Wadala's Screen 5 and see the difference for yourself. I'm not looking to argue with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

For the last time, it's only branded as IMAX. The screen size is nearly same as any other multiplex screen. Please go to Wadala's Screen 5 and see the difference for yourself. I'm not looking to argue with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
I've been to Wadala. But sure, whatever you said...

Batman 7/10
Pretty dark, great setting, re invention of major characters.. Would have loved some funny punchlines as this is way too dark and heavy, but liked it

Spiderman no way home
9/10
Perfect entertainer, which has usual marvel stuff and pretty light too. Great cgi
Loved the spidermen [emoji108][emoji6][emoji6]

Movie suggestion for people planning to watch The Batman, do have a look at Prisoners (2013) starring Paul Dano (Riddler), H Jackman, J Gyllenhaal, directed by D Villeneuve. Highly recommended. You may get scares while boiling water for the rest of your life.
And that ending ! One of the most unexpected ..

The Kashmir Files - If what is depicted in the movie is true then it is Genocide that happened in Kashmir 32 years back. It was very depressing to sit through this movie and knowing that it is a true story made it more difficult. Anupum Kher (a Kashmir Pandit himself) as usual has given an extraordinary performance. It was gut wrenching to watch this movie. Many of the scenes are not for the weak hearted. The packed theatre was dead silent throughout the movie. The humiliation that the displaced people had gone through will stay with us for a long time.

The Kashmir Files - If what is depicted in the movie is true then it is Genocide that happened in Kashmir 32 years back. It was very depressing to sit through this movie and knowing that it is a true story made it more difficult. Anupum Kher (a Kashmir Pandit himself) as usual has given an extraordinary performance. It was gut wrenching to watch this movie. Many of the scenes are not for the weak hearted. The packed theatre was dead silent throughout the movie. The humiliation that the displaced people had gone through will stay with us for a long time.
After all these eye witness account, victim family accounts, why still we need to say whether it's true or not? Almost all details are out there since 1990!

Back