Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

MI Dead Reckoning : All the hype and I went with too much to expect. It was all a tad disappointing. Honestly I have seen better and bigger action setpieces. Apart from the climax, rest were, well, forgetful. I thought Fallout was better but for me, Ghost Protocol, is still the best.
7/10

Went to MI Dead Reckoning yesterday. Very exciting movie which made me almost dozing off right before the interval. 6/10

This was a theatre visit after almost 10 years. The audio thing (lack of equalisation leading to unbalanced sound especially almost unheard voices) absolutely bothers the hell out of me.

Saw Chor Nikal ke bhaga.

5/10.
Not bad . Good acting but weak plot.
Story does not connect well . Feels rushed to the conclusion .
It was still okay to watch .

5/10 MI Dead Reckoning.

There's very little action in the movie and it was unremarkable. Story is kuch bhi. And I don't like open ended movies. It's not a TV episode.

Extraction movies are redefining the action movie genre.

Just watched Oppenheimer (10/10) in Imax. Felt like my wish from 13 years ago was finally fulfilled. I actually posted oppenheimer's video some 13 years ago on my youtube channel. He has been my hero forever.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: 6.5/10

Not as bad as other recent marvel movies; silly and light hearted humor with some good moments here and there. If you are a fan of previous ones, u will enjoy it. Overall, just an average flick for me.

(Rewatched) Jurassic World 8/10
(Rewatched) Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 7/10
Will watch Dominion today

First two movies have great fan service, which will only matter to you if you were really into the '93 movie.

I've been watching old movies for past few weeks. Started with Superman. First movie was good, maybe a 8/10, but second one not so much, 6/10. Not getting any eagerness to continue further.
Then Jurassic Park, first one 9/10. Second one (Lost world) maybe a 7.
Terminator 1: 8/10
Terminator 2 (Judgement Day): 9/10. Yeah the sequel is better. Rare case.
So relaxing lethargic these 80s/90s movies are. Doesn't give you a terrible headache like present day ones.

^agree and same would apply to Alien/Aliens
I think James Cameron should only make sequels :D

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse; 9/10
Hard disagree. The original is a masterpiece in terms of creature design, atmosphere, claustrophobia, story telling, world building etc.
While Aliens is an amazing sequel, it lacks the atmospheric dread that the original encapsulated so well.
Alien >>> Aliens.

Last edited:
Hard disagree. The original is a masterpiece in terms of creature design, atmosphere, claustrophobia, story telling, world building etc.
While Aliens is an amazing sequel, it lacks the atmospheric dread that the original encapsulated so well.
Alien >>> Aliens.

It's also one of the very few films where you don't know who the protagonist is until almost halfway in. I believe even the posters didn't focus on Ripley. Truly a masterpiece.

Alien felt like eery movie, that slowly builds up terror and pays off in the end. Just like some slow horror movies. There are boring pieces here and there.

Aliens is action packed, and feels edge of the seat thriller the whole movie. It's more enjoyable and fun, yet still carries the eery feel.

Both are great. Ridley Scott made similar movies like Prometheus and Alien Covenant. Clear example of how Alien felt.

Where as JC's Aliens felt like T2.

I didn't see the third part yet.

My 2 cents ,
Alien better than Aliens . Although I liked both . The latest one in the series ( I don't even remember the name ) is not worth your time.
Terminator surely better than T2 judgement day . The rest are mediocre to unwatchable .

Back