Rate - Who is the best PC game developer currently

rite said:
have people forgotten about Epic and Ensemble?

epic are no longer pc developers. they have abandoned pc gaming for consoles after their crappy ut3 didn't sell and they decided to blame piracy.

ensemble has been shut down by microsoft, so it doesn't really count.

personally i'd say the best pc devs right now are valve and cd projekt (even though they only have one major game out). blizzard is slowly changing from the company that could do no wrong into a company that seems to be governed by the bottom line. they are still head and shoulders above other developers but they seem to be moving downwards. last i'd say bioware even though the only thing they seem to be doing for the pc these days are ports. lets hope their next pc project, the kotor mmo is good.

Capcom 'cause they have started launching their games on pc and have done a good job of porting them as well. DMC4 is an excellent port unlike GTA4.

Also it is good that they port it themselves, -1 from ubisoft for horrible ports of good games like Onimusha 3, Cold Fear, DMC3 and RE4.

techster said:
That's probably because they built a game that has the capacity to make computers "cry" for the next decade.. So their name makes sense :p

After i saw what devs of GTA and Saints Row 2 did, i can say crytek did a great job on crysis

Its still the game with best graphics and it ran great on my earlier config

prabs said:
Also it is good that they port it themselves, -1 from ubisoft for horrible ports of good games like Onimusha 3, Cold Fear, DMC3 and RE4.
agree DMC4 was a great port, but
DMC3 and RE4 were also ported by them, it was only published by Ubisoft, so dont blame ubi :bleh:

I have high hopes for Bionic commando for PC (not capcom, by GRIN)
atleast GRIN knows how to make games for PC

pcgamer said:
agree DMC4 was a great port, but
DMC3 and RE4 were also ported by them, it was only published by Ubisoft, so dont blame ubi :bleh:
Count DMC 4 & Lost Planet. Both of them were the best port I have seen in years on the PC. Both were based on MT Framework engine. This will give them a better chance to develop future games on the same engine as well. The earlier ports they made were really shoddy albeit RE4 looked better with the mods applied. DMC 3 was better left on the PS2. But overall one can't deny the credibility of Capcom in this industry.

Back