Ready for it? Dragonball Series highly likely to come to ANImax-Asia!!

*drums rolling*

You guys heard it here first! oh yeah! Dragonball on Animax is now confirmed, and thanks to me that is :p

I sent an e-mail to animax couple of weeks ago and their responce has just come now. Here's the complete communication :

To: feedback@animax-asia.com

Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:33 PM

Subject: what is stopping Animax-asia from airing Dragonball? (please read)

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/ready-dragonball-series-highly-73853.html

Animax Forum - View topic - Animax to broadcast the entire DRAGON BALL series

TV: Animax - What I enjoy watching: Newbie guide to Animax -Simple Thoughts - Java and Web Technology Blog

Does Sony/Animax-Asia realise how much Draognball/DragonballZ/Dragonball GT is wanted in India? The request is huge! People of India never got to see one full run of DBZ in english.

I don't want to waste much of my time because there is a high chance this message will be deleted before getting read by any officials, but i want to state that Animax should start airing FUNImations DBZ and/or DB. Animax will soar to high ratings, At least during the DB airing Animax will hit more viewers than cartoon netwrok at the same time. People in india, in internet and on road hope everyday that DB will come one day to Animax. But question is WHEN?

Is there any answer?

Okay, i know that's a typical cheesy fanboy rant to animax but i was in a hurry and didn't want to waste time as most probably they would have ignored all fanboy mails.

And,

Their reply

Dear Paramveer,
Thank you for your interest in Dragon Ball and Animax. Good news is, Dragon Ball is coming soon in Southeast Asia in July. We are still making plans to air it this year in other countries such as South Asia.
Your kind patience will be appreciated and please continue to stay tuned to Animax. Please visit animax-asia.com and animax-sa.com for latest news.
Regards,

Animax Asia Team

Also from Unofficial Animax forums :

Animax is going to air the entire the Dragonball series - Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT - in Southeast Asia already, from July - a four-episode preview of Dragon Ball was shown in 25th June (see - www.animax-asia.com/schedule/download/sea-daily-schedule-jun06.pdf - and look in 25th June, fourth page) - and is therefore very soon to be broadcast in its network in South Asia.

Also see -:

www.animax-asia.com/schedule/download/sea-daily-schedule-jun06.pdf

www.animax-asia.com/schedule/download/sea-monthly-schedule-jun06.pdf

I came this posting here first. Now the bad thing is, they say its anytime 'this year' for south asian countires, but something's better than nothing, right? And also, that's Dragonball, not Dragonball Z. Although like i suspected, there are strong rumours about Cartoon Network countering Animax's DB with DBZ. So DBZ will probably be on CN, while Dragonball as said in the email will begin on Animax.

Dragonall ranges around a total of 150 episodes, the first half of the series is mostly comedy, very unlike DBZ, but the later half turns violent style, and DBZ fans, also a brilliant oppurtunity for those who don't have a clue about what Dragonball series, can't miss this oppurtunity to watch DB as it starts from the first steps of Goku's life.

YES YES!!!! Im sooo happy!! :D

Even Ninku is starting on the 5th of July, this is turning out to be the best month ever!

Reasons:

1.DBZ/DBZ/DBGTstarting...

2.Getting PC upgrades..

3.Ninku starting!

:D:D:D:D

Its up on animax-asia.com :

Animax East Asia

DRAGON BALL PART 1

Legend tells of seven mystical Dragon Balls that, when brought together, can summon a fabled dragon who will grant any wish.

Determined to find the dragon and have her wish granted, the young daughter of an inventor, Bulma, sets out on her search for the Dragon Balls, armed with one of the Balls herself. On her way, she meets Son Goku, a bubbly, innocent 12-year-old boy who happens to have one of the Dragon Balls - as well as a tail, for some reason. While the pair starts off on the wrong foot, they become fast friends when Goku saves Bulma's life, revealing his enormous strength.

Joining forces, the two of them continue on a quest that takes them far and wide across the land, where they discover quirky friends and allies in the most unexpected places - and come face-to-face with fiendish enemies, including the evil Emperor Pilaf and his underlings who are intent on getting the Dragon Balls for themselves to rule the world!

Based on Akira Toriyama's timeless manga, Dragon Ball started a worldwide phenomenon with its cool martial arts and adorable humour when first released, and has spawned many sequels. Recapture old times with this original anime classic only on Animax this July!

Back