Real Rifle Cartridges - Dont freak.... They're only Keyrings!!!

This is the response I got from the first site I had contacted.

Hi!

Before we go any farther...I have no way to guarantee delivery after the goods leave this country. I can ship them, but if you don't receive them I cannot be held responsible.

The problem is this: These are made from "real bullet components" and they are considered possible terrorist devices by some countries. Customs could simply confiscate them.

Please don't misunderstand me. I would love to sell and ship them to you. And I will if you so desire. I just wanted you to be aware of the possible complications involved.

Let me know as to your wishes.

Tim Ford

mjumrani said:
just wondering if the police will come arrest me if i give a bulk order. umm... will they?
While Indian law provides for arrest for carrying live ammunition, no specific provision exists for carrying fake/dead/empty ammunition that can cause no harm to life or property.

Yeah, but if u 'threaten' people with such fake ammunition & the aggrieved parties have reasonable apprehension that u intend to cause harm to their life & personal liberty...... then my friend, u are in deep shit!!!

Legal Jargon aside..... I really don't think that u can be prosecuted for carrying an empty rifle round..... that is an insufficient reason for prosecution.

:p

Also, In case u manage to start the [GO], I am in for atleast 7 of the Calibers u have listed above!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hA1d3R said:
i will ask nehaladsul to get one for me
I replied ur PM....

I can surely get a 7.62mm for you. I'll ask the courier guys about the Mumbai-Lucknow charges.

:gun2:

Black_Hawk said:
Congrats... they look uber cool!
Thanx.... I just love them..... Slept last night with the cartridges next to my pillow......!!! ;)

Roxtin said:
Getting real bullet shells through customs would be a big issue.
Legally speaking, it is no more than a keyring made out of brass & copper that has no hazardous value attached to it.

But Customs over here only know one thing...... Extortion!!! :gun2:

They will not allow the keyrings to be cleared unless u stuff their mouths with cash!!! Once u succumb to their 'Extortion'...... They'll even allow u to bring live cartridges with you!!! ;)

^^ Nope..... They deal with only USA Sellers....

Moreover, they charge exorbitant shipping charges...... U would end up paying Shipping charges higher than the value of the keyrings.....

:(

I really doubt that this [GO] will see the light of the day...... :(

Even I wanted quiet a few of the ones u listed...... :(

:gun2: Customs :gun2:

nehaladsul said:
^^ Nope..... They deal with only USA Sellers....

Moreover, they charge exorbitant shipping charges...... U would end up paying Shipping charges higher than the value of the keyrings.....

:(

I really doubt that this [GO] will see the light of the day...... :(

Even I wanted quiet a few of the ones u listed...... :(

:gun2: Customs :gun2:
Just in case it doesn't can you tell your contact that I want a few. I can tell you which ones if that's alright.

mjumrani said:
Just in case it doesn't can you tell your contact that I want a few. I can tell you which ones if that's alright.
Sure...... why not..... In fact, I am going to purchase a 7.62mm for hA1d3R & ship it to him this week.

But for specific calibers, u'll have to wait for a few weeks. The shop owner visits Hong Kong, USA & UK every few weeks/months & gets the stuff himself.

Also, the specific calibers are subject to availability....... :(

But if he can find it...... We can have it...... that is for sure...... :)

HoliC said:
If a GO is indeed started.. post in the proper section with proper title.. :p

im also interested.. ;)
Well..... As of this moment, it is a [NO GO] & we do not have any specific section for [NO GO]s.......!!! :p

That's why it is posted here..... Once it matures to a [GO] it will be up in the proper section!!! :eek:hyeah:

Lolzzz

:rofl:

Thanks man. Here is the list just in case.

30/06

50 cal

7.62 X 54

300 Winchester Magnum

303 British

.270 Nosler

308 Berger

Warthog

.416 Barrett

8mm Mauser

^^ No problem..... I'll add them to my list that I have already given him.....

Let's see what happens.....

If u want a 7.62mm right away, I think he should have one currently as he had gotten 3 & I took one, hA1d3R is taking 1 so, 1 should still be available....

:)

if you can get it now, then please do. Once confirmed that it is available, let me know and i'll transfer the amount to your account.

mjumrani said:
if you can get it now, then please do. Once confirmed that it is available, let me know and i'll transfer the amount to your account.
I'll check with him 2moro as he won't be there 2day due to Ganpati Visarjan. If available, I'll let u kno.

Also, the .308 Winchester is available as well...... U don't want that??

It's the smaller one of the keyrings in my photos.

Please get it. Thanks again

Here is the update from the second site I was in contact with

If you 0rder 50 I estimate the cost to be for shipping about $30 to $40.

If you order 50 I will reduce to $4 each.

We are honest traders and send what is paid for.

However I am not sure about the safety of post to India.

^^^ Hmmm.....

$4 = ~ Rs.200/- + ~ Rs.30/- as shipping to India per piece + `Rs.60/- for local shipping in India = ~ Rs.290/- That saves ~ Rs.10/- over my guy.

But then, we have not considered Customs 'Extortion'...... :(

P.S.: Are they willing to send the package marked as a GIFT??

Back