Recommendation on buying a chair.

Hey guys,
Looking for recommendations on buying a chair.
Requirements:
1. Budget: 10k-20k(Max).
2. Proper lumbar support(my height 185cm)
3. should be comfortable for 10-12 hr sitting per day.
4. should not disintegrate like the leatherette material.
5. Don't care much about aesthetics.
TIA.

I use the featherlite helix as my daily (I am around 181 cm). Served me well for well over 3 years in WFH setting (got it for around 18k in an offline store). Used to easily spend more than 12 hours on it daily. I'd recommend visiting a featherlite store and trying it out yourself.

It might not be the absolute winner across all chairs ever but it crosses a lot of boxes and the reclined position is very very comfortable to watch a movie.

I used to feel my back complaining a bit before I got the chair and used to pull those 12 hour stints but I never felt bad since I got the chair.

Yep went to see at local furniture shops, not good quality and too expensive for the price. I am based out of West Bengal(170kms from Kolkata).
Looking online.
The comfort factor is something personal and better experienced first hand.
I also went with Godrej after a visit to their showroom and going through a number of chairs. They are pricey but pretty sturdy. Mine is 7 years old and still running fine.

Lumbar support is a myth, doesn't exist or works. If you don't have any back pain or injury, then buying any decent chair online wont give you any issues.
In my Exp, Godrej chairs last long but cost more depending on the model.
It does exist in my chair, a small movable bump. And my back generally rests against it.
And it seems to work too, i had issues with previous chair and no back issues ever for ~10 years with current one. ( standard mesh + lumbar + neck support computer chair )

Also, i have never been able to understand anything about chair comfort from sitting in shop. Unless chair is extremely bad, issues will probably become visible only after long usage. Still better to try anyway.

I use the featherlite helix as my daily (I am around 181 cm). Served me well for well over 3 years in WFH setting (got it for around 18k in an offline store). Used to easily spend more than 12 hours on it daily. I'd recommend visiting a featherlite store and trying it out yourself.
how did you score Helix at 18k? the lowest the official featherlite stores will go is 25k for it, I need to order 2 so that will be a significant cost savings for me
Also, i have never been able to understand anything about chair comfort from sitting in shop. Unless chair is extremely bad, issues will probably become visible only after long usage. Still better to try anyway.
there are some chairs made specifically for you, I remember when I was first checking out mesh chairs, I found one at my local store and sitting in it was orgasmic, the chair felt like it was molded to my body but unfortunately, the build quality was shitty and I was sure it would break in 6 months so I didnt go for it, and I havent found any other chair offering me a similar level of comfort, and I have tried hermans too (I know you can adjust them to suit your body/posture and I did try to do so, but it never felt the same) so yeah, trying chairs out is recommended.

how did you score Helix at 18k? the lowest the official featherlite stores will go is 25k for it, I need to order 2 so that will be a significant cost savings for me

there are some chairs made specifically for you, I remember when I was first checking out mesh chairs, I found one at my local store and sitting in it was orgasmic, the chair felt like it was molded to my body but unfortunately, the build quality was shitty and I was sure it would break in 6 months so I didnt go for it, and I havent found any other chair offering me a similar level of comfort, and I have tried hermans too (I know you can adjust them to suit your body/posture and I did try to do so, but it never felt the same) so yeah, trying chairs out is recommended.
how orgasmic?
I used to have a Green soul zodiac and it worked fine for me. But green soul wouldn't deliver to my current location, and the renewed ones are out of stock too. Plus they are increasing prices pretty fast, so pretty low cost to benefit ratio

Back