Recommendations for a Mesh System

greenhorn

Patron
Me and a group of friends are planning to buy a Mesh system as a gift for one of our friend's House warming
He's using a TP Link router + a bunch of extenders (the plug in type)
we are thinking of getting him a nice mesh setup.
Our budget is around 10K. (+/-3k)
He has two floors in the house, but different ISP's for both floors, so whole house coverage is not a priority.
He is not keen on connecting the networks, any sort of load balancing.
He is fairly technical (started from helpdesk and ended up as head of IT Infra for APAC for a big 4 consulting firm before going into a security startup)
He's not a tech enthusiast though - hence his basic setup, and not looking for any advanced features etc.
I have shortlisted the following
Mercusys H80X
Deco X20
Nighthawk M62
Orbi RBK352

The mercusys is a AX3000, others are AX1800 - I am not able to figure out the difference between these - any inputs ?

ok so first up AX300 vs AX 1800. AX1800 uses 5ghz max 80mhz channel and AX3000 uses 5ghz max 160mhz channel. Simply put, The wider channels have higher theoretical max speeds but they can also have more interference from neighbors. For the speeds in India, we will not really see a big difference between AX1800 and AX3000.

I've been using the Deco X60 for 2 years now and its been fantastic. Go for the X20.

@TheRealCreepy Are you using an Ethernet Backhaul or a Wifi Backhaul? I am considering between 3 X20s wired using Ethernet or just choose an access point. Is the device handover seamless in the X60 in your experience? Did you mount your X60 on your wall/desk? Heard that mounting it on the ceiling is not optimal for these devices as the waves are horizontal instead of conical. Ceiling mounted devices are 2x more expensive for some reason.

Deco is a safe bet. I have been using it for a long time now. the only issue i have faced is with my SOny TV which finds it difficult to join at times. A quick reboot of TP link fixes this issue

Ps: i recently bought a renewed moto mh7022. Apparently the company that makes them went bust and all the cloud features and app are dead. But you can still set them up using the web interface.
Good value at 4.5k for a two piece tri band 2200ac set

Ps: i recently bought a renewed moto mh7022. Apparently the company that makes them went bust and all the cloud features and app are dead. But you can still set them up using the web interface.
Good value at 4.5k for a two piece tri band 2200ac set
From where did you get it for 4.5k?

Back