Recording functionality in Airtel HD box not working :(

suds

Disciple
I have Airtel DS-360 hd box, this hd set top box didn't had recording functionality and usb port was locked .Recently AIrtel updated the firmware and i found record option in menu.After connecting usb hdd it got recongnised . But whenever i try to record the channel. I get the error "Recorder Fuctionality not enabled.Please contact customer care to resolve this " . I spoke with Airtel Customer care but they are not aware of this facility
<

Can anyone help me with this

Hi,suds to enable recording you have to call CC and activate the free recording top up.First they will say the topup is only for dvr boxes.but keep on requesting them to activate it on your hd box.

Here is a SS of my account details.I too use HD box.

[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"]
flk291.jpg
[/font]​

Hi,suds to enable recording you have to call CC and activate the free recording top up.First they will say the topup is only for dvr boxes.but keep on requesting them to activate it on your hd box.

Here is a SS of my account details.I too use HD box.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
flk291.jpg
[/font]​

Well its strange but can you record in your airtel HD even if you dont own a HD DVR or a simple DVR?

Yes,currently i can record a program using HD box,by connecting a External Hard Disk.

The airtel digital tv HD is meant for viewing just the HD channels along with the normal SD channels but I don't think it should support the recording feature. Have you ever successfully recorded any programme till now?

I'm facing strange problem while watching recorded tv show ,set top box is getting restarted automatically. I guess culprit is my HDD is taking power from USB port.

Did anybody faced this issue. Please let me know what is the hdd you are using with set top box for recording.

I'm facing strange problem while watching recorded tv show ,set top box is getting restarted automatically. I guess culprit is my HDD is taking power from USB port.

Did anybody faced this issue. Please let me know what is the hdd you are using with set top box for recording.

I will try it today, but I am not able to figure out which button to use for recording can you tell me which button to use.

I will try it today, but I am not able to figure out which button to use for recording can you tell me which button to use.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]press Guide button on remote then -> Info button. But you need to have Recording top up free ,to be able to record tv shows. [/font]

Back