Reliance Jio Rollout

Nah u cannot use 4g on RCom u get 2/3g speed depending on the area/city theh have service. Like I have a CDMA sim updated GSM I get 2g in my city (Agra) and 2g/3g in Delhi Mumbai.

Tommorrow i am going to buy flame 6 for data access through router (Rs 3890)
will it work soomthly
have i made correct decision
kindly guide me
Don't know about the handset.. But at my place ie assam.. They are providing unlimited data till 3months. And yes i have the 4g jio sim with my flame 1. And speed goes upto 3mbps & no matter what above 2mbps i.e the download speed in steam or torrents (provided torrent health is good).. Speed test shows between 11-30 mbps downrate & 135 ping.. So if its the same case at your location which i think should be. Then bro you won't regret it atleast for that unlimited time frame. I am too using it as wifi Hotspot and connect it to various lappy, pcs and speed is just wow.. My downloads per day goes upwards 70-75 gb.. [emoji1]

Don't know about the handset.. But at my place ie assam.. They are providing unlimited data till 3months. And yes i have the 4g jio sim with my flame 1. And speed goes upto 3mbps & no matter what above 2mbps i.e the download speed in steam or torrents (provided torrent health is good).. Speed test shows between 11-30 mbps downrate & 135 ping.. So if its the same case at your location which i think should be. Then bro you won't regret it atleast for that unlimited time frame. I am too using it as wifi Hotspot and connect it to various lappy, pcs and speed is just wow.. My downloads per day goes upwards 70-75 gb.. [emoji1]
On which band you're getting connected to in Guwahati ?

Top three operators are literally shivering.

What are the challenges facing the telecom business?
Jio (Reliance Jio Infocomm) will obviously create an upset for all of us. Having said that, Idea has grown consistently, it has constantly gained share quarter after quarter. Cash profits are very healthy and were about Rs 10,000 crore last year. Growth over 2014-15 has been very significant, it has a strong balance sheet.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Kumar-Mangalam-Birla/articleshow/52896201.cms

Bharti Airtel’s Sunil Mittal says Reliance Jio will shake telecom in India

Whatever Reliance does, it does on a scale that is always big and impactful,” Mittal said on Sunday in the coastal Turkish city of Antalya. “That is exactly what Reliance is planning to do in the telecommunication sector. From what we hear the launch will be imminent in the coming 30, 60, 90 days. India has 10, 11 operators. We should have about four or five at the very most.”

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/r...l-Mittal-says-Reliance-Jio-will-shake-te.html

Vodafone India CEO Sees Market Shake-Up With Reliance Jio Entry

With Reliance Jio preparing to launch its 4G service, Vodafone India CEO Sunil Sood Thursday said the entry of a new player will shake-up the industry, but added that this will also give a chance to existing operators to innovate.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/telecom/new...arket-shake-up-with-reliance-jio-entry-801546

Meanwhile Mukesh Ambani...

cokvgJ5.jpg

Last edited:
Two more points to add - made by Jio guys, but cannot be verified.

1. They will launch by September/October. Supposedly.
2. The price will be 250 for 10GB or so. They will bundle calling packs for an additional 49 bucks (read this elsewhere). Not bad, IMO.

At Hyderabad here, superb speeds and coverage - 9 guys were sharing my hotspot on the Wind 4 for an event. The phone never ever got hot.

If anyone from Mumbai wants to buy one of the Lyf phones (with SIM), please let me know. Since I am picking up 2+5 pieces for my office, I can get for others - phone and SIM combo.

So is the indoor coverage resolved or is that still a thing? On the other side, I am reading on IBF that they seem to be throttling people with too much data. Still 25rs a GB is great, I would buy 50-60GB, which I believe should cost less than the 25/GB if they are able to deliver consistent speeds without throttle.

Because you cant suddenly jump from 1-2 mbps to 25 mbps it requires a lot of investment in infrastructure and i can kind of understand why companies are not ready to make that kind of investment. The average indian will not pay more than 1000 for a broadband connection. Thats less than $20. While investment cost in india is more than that in us. How will they recover the cost?

Why does it matter after they build the infrastructure to support 100 Mbps+ ?
Internet bandwidth is dirt cheap. It is ultimately a question of building the local network. ISP's don't really get any technical benefit by capping speeds. Whether they are charging you 1k for 100Mbps with 100GB limit and 5 Mbps afterwards or 3k for 100Mbps with 300GB limit and 10Mbps afterwards, it costs the same 100 Rs or so for them. So those limits are just a way to justify charging 1k or 3k from you.

Why does it matter after they build the infrastructure to support 100 Mbps+ ?
Internet bandwidth is dirt cheap. It is ultimately a question of building the local network. ISP's don't really get any technical benefit by capping speeds. Whether they are charging you 1k for 100Mbps with 100GB limit and 5 Mbps afterwards or 3k for 100Mbps with 300GB limit and 10Mbps afterwards, it costs the same 100 Rs or so for them. So those limits are just a way to justify charging 1k or 3k from you.

and nowdays with extreme peering most of the traffic is within the operator's network only, the cached data, youtube, torrents, jio services (play, music etc.)

Rcom is going to offer 10GB at 93 by using Jio network so we can expect more or less the same tariff from Jio.
It's a first time voucher. I Guess you didn't see Rcom's 4G plans? https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/179794/#post-2086380

Two more points to add - made by Jio guys, but cannot be verified.

1. They will launch by September/October. Supposedly.
2. The price will be 250 for 10GB or so. They will bundle calling packs for an additional 49 bucks (read this elsewhere). Not bad, IMO.

At Hyderabad here, superb speeds and coverage - 9 guys were sharing my hotspot on the Wind 4 for an event. The phone never ever got hot.
Hyderabad speeds are really good in some areas and average in some. some areas its hitting 40mbps+ and in some hardly one could notice 3-4mbps .. Indoors.

250/10Gb seems to be a nice joke. Rather make it 500-600/10Gb

^^ It will eventually all even out to under 5 Mbps.
5~6 Mbps is a good practical speed to get on 4G.

Regardless of the theoretical possibilities, practical speeds (good ones) will be like

3G - 1.5 Mbps
3.5G - 2.5~3 Mbps
3.75G - 3~4 Mbps
4G - 5~6 Mbps

Back