Reliance Jio Rollout

Last edited by a moderator:
Just look at my case, I have BSNL landline broadband and paying around ₹805 currently for 1mbps speed. But within 24hrs from the announcement of Jio plans, BSNL have introduced one more 1mbps plan for ₹499 even after taxes that would save me at-least ₹250 every month for same speed from same vendor. Plus I would also try to get a free Jio sim or would port my current Idea no. to Jio. Which would save me some more bucks on net packs for at least 4 months.

Plus I have another BSNL landline broadband in my home town. So I would save some more money on that connection too.
Unlimited Broadband from BSNL "Wirelined" for ₹249 (launching Sep 9th 2016) @ 2Mbps
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...dband-plan-at-rs-249/articleshow/53985011.cms
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...dband-data-at-Rs-249/articleshow/53984990.cms

Did I claim that?
That's what he is asking do u get anything free with 149 plan/recharge?

Jio is what I all need my monthly recharge/bill is approx 10/1100 just for calls so it's the best thing which has ever happened to me for calls. 149 for 28 days just for calls what else one can wish for. [emoji6]

This dude got a Jio gigafiber 1Gbps connection free for 3 months in Navi Mumbai.

jio-fibre.jpeg

So i did some further digging into the plans and top ups on offer and found there are more combinations possible.

The 2nd one is by adding the 1gb topup for 151 to the 149 plan. The 3rd one is the 299 plan computed for 28 days instead of 21.

28 days
(computed)
Rental
Data
[td1]149[/td1] [td1]300[/td1] [td1]399[/td1]
[td1]499[/td1] [td2]0.3gb[/td2] [td2]1.3gb[/td2] [td2]2.6gb[/td2] [td2]4gb[/td2]
[DOUBLEPOST=1472978285][/DOUBLEPOST]Moar wtf news. This article says that there are tethering data limits with severe consequences if hacked! Anyone have any more info on this? I literally get a headache reading fine print...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please help, I am having Jio Sim which I got from Lyf phone. I have following issues...
1. NEXUS 6 & Samsung A5 2016, Both are not working with Volte... I had to use JioJoin app to make or receive calls. If I make Volte calls, calls get disconnected immediately. I checked the settings, everything seems to be fine with LTE enhanced turned on.
2. I have two sim, one only work with lyf phone, which was bundled with it..when I use in other phones, recharge options comes. Is there anyway to unlock this sim to use with any phone.

Thanks in advance...

Someone please help, I am having Jio Sim which I got from Lyf phone. I have following issues...
1. NEXUS 6 & Samsung A5 2016, Both are not working with Volte... I had to use JioJoin app to make or receive calls. If I make Volte calls, calls get disconnected immediately. I checked the settings, everything seems to be fine with LTE enhanced turned on.
2. I have two sim, one only work with lyf phone, which was bundled with it..when I use in other phones, recharge options comes. Is there anyway to unlock this sim to use with any phone.

Thanks in advance...
LFY sims are locked till preview offer expiry.

Someone posted this on my FB feed, thought might help people who might want to read more on the whole pricing model:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-business-model-of-Reliance-Jio/

Great explanations, Go jio and my money...[DOUBLEPOST=1473011214][/DOUBLEPOST]Something i was testing today,

Called the following operators
Airtel - tried 10 times - got through 0
Vodafone - tried 2 times - got through 1
idea - tried 2 times - got through 2
aircel - tried 2 times - got through 2

As on Sep 4 8 pm. Lets see how goes it after the "launch" .

Airtel seriously hates Jio :D

Last edited:
Audio Chat Groups may compete with Whatsapp groups in popularity IMHO,
we'll probably have to keep a separate handset dedicated for Jio Audio Group Chat !

I seriously doubt that'll happen since the conference limit is 9 connections which doesn't meet the WhatsApp group standard of 50 users sending 10,000 messages every hour!

Also audio chat means people will have to send original content from their own mouths which also doesn't meet the WhatsApp standard of fwd'ing every useless thing that was fwd'ed to them!

Back