Reliance Jio Rollout

So finally got one JIO connection for my parents. I was surprised to see around 25-30 people at the Reliance Digital center. Only one person was giving out and collecting and verifying forms, I pity that guy. I followed his instructions and was done in about half an hour. Got the connection activated within 24 hours even though I gave my Driving License as id/address proof. A speed test to bangalore servers showed me 30-35Mbps download speed and 10-24Mbps upload speed. But the moment I changed the servers to Hyderabaad/Mumbai, speed fell to <1Mbps. 1080p Youtube worked without buffering but it might be cached. Apple Music streaming was very jittery. Off net STD Calls are getting connected at one go without any problem so far.

In my case, the 3 reliance guys who came to my work place to setup a camp were begging everybody to take more sims. I was given 3. There are others who took 6 which is apparently max allowed per Aadhar number.

So my speeds have improved from yesterday. Getting ~4mbit on 850, because I don't have towers near me and no access to 2300 mhz. Btw @Julian the reset window is kind off based on the usage I guess. My sim used to reset at 7pm before but one day I left my downloads on even on the crawling 256kbs connection. Got around to removing very late in the day. That day the reset dint happen till midnight.

But whats the use if we cant even get 512kbps :(
I tricked my current operator by generating a Porting code and they offered me a better data plan.
Thats the biggest benefit of JIO for me in the last month. For me JIO worked only for the first month or two after which it was more or less hopeless.
Now i cant even open webpages.

Something interesting...

So I had this Moto E2 lying unused and wanted something for my mom with free calling, so I got a Lyf Wind 1 mobile from olx in exchange with this Moto E2.

I did the factory reset, to install fresh, to my surprise it was asking me to use the same gmail account that was used for first installation.

I did some Google and fond this - How to Bypass FRP Lock in LYF Phone (3 Fixes)

I tried all 3 but none worked. Even the owner gave me gmail access for time being but none are working.

Called the Lyf customer care they asked to visit the local center, the guy wasn`t so helpful as he couldn`t get me closest center address in Pune. Site shows, the center location but no address just CC number and timings.

Seems I have to visit the SC any how to get it working. And complicated part is the bill is having owner name, will the center guys help me with just the bill with someone else name?

Went to service center, they charged me Rs 115 saying its my mistake that I forgot the gmail id. Did the job in 30 minutes.

So finally dived into the Jio world.Generated 4 codes :D:D using all the 4G phones at home. Using it for calling most of the times. The speeds are good in jakkur area of bangalore but pretty bad near my office in whitefield. I feel its a good option for someone who wants just the calling facility.calls are going through pretty decently.the call quality is amazing.however when one calls a tata docomo number,not able to hear the voice of the tata docomo user though they can hear my voice .planning to get a jiofi and use it as a router in my car:p:p .

Past two days - I can't get more than 450 kbps on the JioFi Router....Looks Like some restriction implemented.

Watching YouTube Videos in PC is painful now.

Last edited:
Getting around 2-3MBps on jio haven't experienced throttling here in Chennai.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-15-18-29-10.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-15-18-29-10.png
    979.4 KB · Views: 200
Past two days - I can't get more than 450 kbps on the JioFi Router....Looks Like some restriction implemented.

Watching YouTube Videos in PC is painful now.

The same here, I have noticed the same on my JioFi for the past three or four days. Definite throttling going on even before the cap is anywhere near being used.

Is there a possibility for the user of Jio 'Welcome Offer' remaining days

Out of 4GB daily quota

1GB = High Speed, No Restriction,
3GB = 512 kbps <---Because TRAI decided it still broadband in 2016.

Then 128 kbps as stated of Mr. Ambani .

If this is going to be then Mine already upgraded to this...

7XTr26F.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1481885063][/DOUBLEPOST]Update : -

Immediate SIM Card Swap Proved my Theory

imgxu3i.png

Last edited:
Btw @Julian the reset window is kind off based on the usage I guess. My sim used to reset at 7pm before but one day I left my downloads on even on the crawling 256kbs connection. Got around to removing very late in the day. That day the reset dint happen till midnight.

Hmm, that might be possible, though i felt it was more or less the same no matter if you downloaded or not. Will have to test more to confirm mine. Out of town so could take a while...

Like I have said before, Jio is a boon for rural areas where internet connectivity was either slow or nonexistent. I do have Wi-fi at home so might stick with Jio for using in outages and for free calls which my Mom can utilize, even if I don't.

ba958f83e84f7ee359079701cd70bedd.jpg

84c0f91e8b833f5e97216b5b09d2cc64.jpg

The problem is, in truly rural areas, like where i am now, speeds are crap, like 2M. I would get about 10M in my semi urban Bombay location.

The problem is, in truly rural areas, like where i am now, speeds are crap, like 2M. I would get about 10M in my semi urban Bombay location.
The speeds I posted above are also from a rural area. I guess my village is near a tower or no of people using are quite less.

Back