Reliance Jio Rollout

hows the connectivity with other networks at the moment? still facing challenges?? is it time yet to port my sim?

Most calls are now connected in one go. BSNL takes couple of tries. Calling issues are very much in place now. However, they still need some improvement to beat old telcos.

Is it true that Jio has extended free services till 31st Mar, 2017 ???

I can't see in MyJio app, plz let me know.

yes it is true. Existing users would get 4GB daily till 31st December and 1GB (Jio "Happy New year" offer) post that till 31st March. New users, buying SIM 4th December onwards, will get 1GB daily till 31st March.

I'm in Bombay. If i try calling an std bsnl number, mobile or landline, especially in the evenings, even after 15-20 tries i get the same 'all lines busy'. Usually I end up calling from my vodafone if it's an important call. There's also the fact that if the network is busy, even if you're on a call, it will just drop it while you're in the middle.

Have they already started capping even old connections to 1GB ?

Edit: False alarm I think. Previously my data cap would reset at ~7pm. Now it seems to be reset at 12am. Seems to be still 4gb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edit: False alarm I think. Previously my data cap would reset at ~7pm. Now it seems to be reset at 12am. Seems to be still 4gb.
I don't think so because look at the messages carefully. Previously it said "you have crossed the daily data usage threshold of 4GB on....". Now it is vague and removes the threshold value. And for me speeds have not improved one bit. During night where I was getting 1Mbit now I barely cross 256kbps.

This might be a tinfoil hat theory but I noticed that Jio seem to be throttling speeds in my area, specially during the night when I used to keep some downloads. I used to run out of data ~ 3-4am. So stopped using the phone for sometime. Today on a whim tried the speeds at 7.45 am and it was back. So put the phone back into downloading mode and speeds again go back to 512kbps.

Ok, figured out what's going on. One of my sims (i have 3) resets at midnight. The other two reset at around 1845 to 1900 hrs.

Probably has to do with the sim activation time window.

What is the best MiFi hotspot device that will work with JIO sim, but can also work with other 4G sims. I got a couple of JIO sims, but don't want to buy a MiFi that is locked to a vendor.

Are you sure the JioFi devices are locked to Jio?

Coz they're the cheapest devices that also support all the important bands...

Damn Mr.Ambani left the tap open....

99f0ca5c86ae5d374da7613693df3d30.jpg

Something interesting...

So I had this Moto E2 lying unused and wanted something for my mom with free calling, so I got a Lyf Wind 1 mobile from olx in exchange with this Moto E2.

I did the factory reset, to install fresh, to my surprise it was asking me to use the same gmail account that was used for first installation.

I did some Google and fond this - How to Bypass FRP Lock in LYF Phone (3 Fixes)

I tried all 3 but none worked. Even the owner gave me gmail access for time being but none are working.

Called the Lyf customer care they asked to visit the local center, the guy wasn`t so helpful as he couldn`t get me closest center address in Pune. Site shows, the center location but no address just CC number and timings.

Seems I have to visit the SC any how to get it working. And complicated part is the bill is having owner name, will the center guys help me with just the bill with someone else name?

Something interesting...

So I had this Moto E2 lying unused and wanted something for my mom with free calling, so I got a Lyf Wind 1 mobile from olx in exchange with this Moto E2.

I did the factory reset, to install fresh, to my surprise it was asking me to use the same gmail account that was used for first installation.

I did some Google and fond this - How to Bypass FRP Lock in LYF Phone (3 Fixes)

I tried all 3 but none worked. Even the owner gave me gmail access for time being but none are working.

Called the Lyf customer care they asked to visit the local center, the guy wasn`t so helpful as he couldn`t get me closest center address in Pune. Site shows, the center location but no address just CC number and timings.

Seems I have to visit the SC any how to get it working. And complicated part is the bill is having owner name, will the center guys help me with just the bill with someone else name?
That's the new Android Security feature if u format the phone without removing the pin/pattern/fp it will ask u for the Gmail account it was last used with.

Only service centre can remove it they have to flash the firmware on it.

Back