Reliance Jio Rollout

Recently my friend tried to port out of IDEA where he was on 299 plan which was giving him 500Mb 4G, 600mins calls. He told he wishes to port in to Jio because it has cheap calls and data.
Then the dude on the phone gave him 2GB 4G and 1000mins upgrade for Lifetime. He took in written from that retention team guy that plan would be applicable for at least 1 year.

Jio FTW!!!

Prepaid wise Personal Experience with Idea is I'm getting 4GB LTE - 2Gb 4G/3G + 2Gb only 4G for ₹ 250.

Clearly looks like AVOID isn't going like Jio to bet on Voice calls, Only data offers are coming!

On an average a consumer will not be using more than 500-700 minutes a month. Personally I have exceeded 600 minutes only once is the last 3.5 years.
So 1000 mins + 2GB data is a better offer than Jio's offer which provides Unlimited voice + 1.3 GB data for Rs.300 for anybody who doesn't use roaming a lot and talk for less than 1000 minutes a month (Which is a majority I presume).
Its a pretty good offer IMO. Airtel's offers are way worse.
AVOID doesn't have to offer unlimited voice. Just a high enough number like 1000-1500 minutes should cover 95%ile postpaid population.

TRAI says Jio can not offer free services beyond 90 dyas. New subscribers will get free services till December 3 only. Existing to get till 31st December as mentioned earlier.

On an average a consumer will not be using more than 500-700 minutes a month. Personally I have exceeded 600 minutes only once is the last 3.5 years.
So 1000 mins + 2GB data is a better offer than Jio's offer which provides Unlimited voice + 1.3 GB data for Rs.300 for anybody who doesn't use roaming a lot and talk for less than 1000 minutes a month (Which is a majority I presume).
AVOID doesn't have to offer unlimited voice. Just a high enough number like 1000-1500 minutes should cover 95%ile postpaid population.

For me, it's not the unlimited calls that's appealing, but that we'll be able to access data at home rates, and continue to get unlimited incoming and outgoing calls even when we're on roaming.

There is a practical limit to how much a normal person can call in a month. A max figure would be 1-2k minutes like you said. And they need time apart from calling to use the data services too right? Obviously Jio has factored this in when offering their free unlimited calling. It's like ISPs giving unlimited internet, even without FUPs, not all subscribers would be using the service 24x7 downloading. So usage averages out and as usual, the house wins.

For me, it's not the unlimited calls that's appealing, but that we'll be able to access data at home rates, and continue to get unlimited incoming and outgoing calls even when we're on roaming.

My vodafone 4g works at home rates, i.e. from the free monthly pack even when roaming. Of course Jio's implementation of roaming free calling is awesome and how all operators in the country should be.

heard news that free net till 5 dec only, aVOid made trai force jio to change offer as free offer can only be for 90 days due to some rule and jio was launched on 5 sep.

Yes free roaming is a big PLUS, but not everyone needs it.
What do mean by data at home rates? The data packs of AVOID work the same irrespective of using it in home circle or roaming.
Do you mean the data overage charges of 50p per MB?

After A-Vo-ID being heavily penalized for inter connectivity issues, the calls are going through easily (previously I had problems calling Voda and Idea) but now calling to BSNL has become next to impossible, just thinking who's going to fine (penalize) them being a govt. co.

Yup, most networks are fine now, but calling bsnl is the issue now. I have one friend who ported from docomo to vodafone years ago, and his number is virtually impossible to get. takes 10-15 tries minimum. other vodafone numbers are easy.

i normally use my phone's hot-spot for couple of hours daily during the commute to use my office laptop. it helps me in downloading emails / doing some quick chats. but from last 1 week i've been facing issue with Skype [for Business]/earlier called as Lync. it frequently connects and disconnects. all other stuff work just fine including Youtube. and this issue is not there when i use my home wifi [ACT]. has anyone else faced this issue? i just read online that Jio doesn't allow Skype calls! any similar experiences?

These days i just use my jio sim tethered and try to finish the daily 4gb using torrents etc. For all other practical purposes like calling and any data browsing on the phone it's just an exercise in frustration, and i just use my vodafone which works flawlessly for that.

Does anybody here use JioTV app?
I was watching the Star Sports Select HD2 channel yesterday (F1 qualifying). It would play the live video for 10-20sec and then the last 2-3sec video+audio would play again and then it would proceed with the next part.
It looked as if whenever it was unable to download the next segment video, it is looping the last few seconds of video which has already been seen. This is the worst playback of live tv that I have seen till now. I have seen quite a few live streaming websites but this one felt the worst.
Add to that, you have to download Hotstar if you want to play any of the star sports channels. From JioTV, when you click on Star Sports channels, it opens up in Hotstar app. So maybe this issue is in Hotstar app.

I tried playing via Jio connection and home broadband(cable 2Mbps connection) and faced the same issue in both.

So I used the allotted 4GB for the first time on the slow 2 Mbps speed and was wondering when does the reset happen?

For me it's sometime around 7pm irrespective of at what time the 4gb was actually crossed and capped. Sometimes you get a data session summary sms, this indicates that the cap has been reset.[DOUBLEPOST=1479035910][/DOUBLEPOST]
Add to that, you have to download Hotstar if you want to play any of the star sports channels. From JioTV, when you click on Star Sports channels, it opens up in Hotstar app. So maybe this issue is in Hotstar app

An older version of the jio play app opens all channels directly. 4.0.53.

For me it's sometime around 7pm irrespective of at what time the 4gb was actually crossed and capped. Sometimes you get a data session summary sms, this indicates that the cap has been reset.[DOUBLEPOST=1479035910][/DOUBLEPOST]

An older version of the jio play app opens all channels directly. 4.0.53.
Please upload this version if you have

Back