Reliance Jio Rollout

VoLTE support starts from iphone 6 onwards. So 5 and 5S dont support VoLTE

afaik on Jio iPhone 6/6+ can't make calls, just data. Only after 6s/6s+ it can make calls+data. can anyone confirm someone using jio on 6 and are able to make calls..

6 supports volte but in US only, someone confirm this pls

afaik on Jio iPhone 6/6+ can't make calls, just data. Only after 6s/6s+ it can make calls+data. can anyone confirm someone using jio on 6 and are able to make calls..

6 supports volte but in US only, someone confirm this pls
My friend is using jio in his iphone 6 without any issues. He bought his phone in australia though.

SO how long does it take to get the SIM activated for people without AADHAR card ? Also, will they give me a SIM if I have a Oneplus 3 or I need to have some specific brand mobiles ?

SO how long does it take to get the SIM activated for people without AADHAR card ? Also, will they give me a SIM if I have a Oneplus 3 or I need to have some specific brand mobiles ?
Any 4G mobile which can generate the code in myjio app is good enough, so oneplus3 is also ok. normally it takes somewhere around 8-10 days for people who don't have aadhar.

Ported from Docomo to Jio. Using it on a LeTV Le 1S mobile (No VoLTE support)
4G data works and SIM activated today. But calling doesn't work even-though data is on and Jio Join app (Jio 4G Voice) is installed.
What should be done to receive or make calls? I currently do not have the handset and my sister is using it another city.

Also 4G speeds are bad - DL is 0.9 Mbps and UL is 8 Mbps
From the same room with a different SIM in a MyLYF Flame phone DL is 8Mbps and UL is 1 Mbps.

@DarkAngel iam also using it in le 1s and iam not facing any issues i have the sim in 2nd sim slot.. Speed didn't check in any other device but in le1s in my area it was around 11mbps
Outgoing is lil problem at this point in jio u have to try multiple times but incoming is not an issue

@DarkAngel iam also using it in le 1s and iam not facing any issues i have the sim in 2nd sim slot.. Speed didn't check in any other device but in le1s in my area it was around 11mbps
Outgoing is lil problem at this point in jio u have to try multiple times but incoming is not an issue
Okay. May be some activation issue since even incoming SMS are not getting delivered. But just 4G internet seems to be working.
Anyone faced similar issue in a non-VoLTE handset when you ported?

Ported from Docomo to Jio. Using it on a LeTV Le 1S mobile (No VoLTE support)
4G data works and SIM activated today. But calling doesn't work even-though data is on and Jio Join app (Jio 4G Voice) is installed.
What should be done to receive or make calls? I currently do not have the handset and my sister is using it another city.

Also 4G speeds are bad - DL is 0.9 Mbps and UL is 8 Mbps
From the same room with a different SIM in a MyLYF Flame phone DL is 8Mbps and UL is 1 Mbps.
Can you ask her to swap the sim in sim slots

JIO is so dead for me too recently. Not getting even GPRS speeds since last week. Their own app takes ages to signin. Not able to open speedtest app.
Its worse than GPRS TBH.

I think jio doesn't deserve so much hate.. I know u are not getting the service which u desired... But atleast u should be happy that your previous service provider are giving much more after the jio entry.
Right now as a first sim it is definitely a fail even may not be deserving the 2nd sim status also for some.. But iam positive that after the freefund over it will be better than the incumbent and will be in top spot.

Don't know why people are cribbing/crying about jio it's free u are not paying a single Rupee to use their services if not happy then stop using it and use ur existing service provider.

Yes I'm very much happy with Jio coz it's free and will easily save around 20/25k just by using JIO till Dec16.

Same here , perfectly happy . I use one SIM for internet only in MIFI . Speeds have gone down but more subscribers and everyone free .
Other SIM for calling and whatsapp etc and even better . POI increase has improved connectivity .
Airtel which used to charge me bomb for data has given 1.5GB 4G extra per month free . 2k per month bill has become 500/ for keeping all permanent postpaid monthly rentals running . Every 10 days Airtel is auto adding 500MB in total and used data also . So basically enticing me with free data from next month . Had 500MB plan . Gave port out request added 500MB total 1GB . Next 10 days added another 500MB total 1.5GB . Not its 2.5GB at the moment , lets see the fun . But be sure to frighten them with port out request . immediate call from all service providers on port out with retention offers

Anyone has issues in JIO stop using .
Not defending but when i started with JIO at places, i was getting 75Mbps , on full infrastructure there were only 500 users in a city . Now it has come down to 5Mbps but so what its free and still usable and improved in connectivity
For me in home beginning was getting 800KBps max in night but now easily goes to 1.5MBps in download speeds .
So fully satisfied .
They did close 2 complaints of mine without response and called up after 10 days in issues of changing JIO ID .
Once its paid and no UL plans and free loaders like me its a mature network fully usable with 4G at places where Airtel doesn't have 3g also

Okay i will try to calculate.. Just for fun
I am using premium subscription of hotstar for which i have paid 200 rs which u are getting free in jio.. So 3 months 600 rs saved here
Jio magazine iam finding it very useful so iam giving again 200 rs for that so again 600
Jio cinemas.. Iam using airtel sim so iam having wynk cinemas which gives 5 free movies per month for premium ones.. So again lets say 50 rs for1 month(piracy) 150 rs total.
Jio music premium subscription again atleast 100 rs per month so 300rs total.. Iam using wynk music quality wise wynk have more bass (baby ko bass pasand hai)
Jio tv again very useful app.. Lets take this as free.
Now i don't know how to calculate net charge because most of the time iam on unlimited cable net wifi so didint have any idea but when iam out of range iam using jio sim and found the speed almost same... So if we take airtel as a parameter then i think definitely you are saving around 12000 here atleast.
Anyways iam happy because speed of jio is good here.

Sorry can't say definite, this is just Trial and Error.
Like you said probably some slot issue or Jio service was fully activated a day later. Removed and inserted in the SIM.
Now speeds are also fine with 7Mbps DL and 6Mbps UL. And we are able to make calls using the Jio Join App.

Back