Reliance Jio Rollout

Maybe they will stop throttling after march
I don't understand how his business works when he is giving free service to 50M+ users for 6mnths but will charge you Rs300 and will give just 1GB per month(april)
Even if he gets a retention rate of 60% which is highly unlikely after hitting his 100M users target, why are they charging so much and offering so little data when clearly they are capable of giving 5X better plans at current price (April plans) and will attract even more customers.
With those prices they blow their competition out of the water.
Their business model is out of my head, im out
They are getting people addicted and learning people usage patterns

Anybody recharge the 6GB pack at 301/- for 28 days pack ? What happen for the next day 1GB free data ? User get the same for next day ....Or he will not eligible until his 6GB exhausted..?

Please post your input...

Rumor: Free calls to continue after March 31st, Data to be charged at 100/GB for 28 days? http://telecom.economictimes.indiat...ta-free-voice-service-after-march-31/56657954

Anybody recharge the 6GB pack at 301/- for 28 days pack ? What happen for the next day 1GB free data ? User get the same for next day ....Or he will not eligible until his 6GB exhausted..?

Say you've exhausted 1Gb cap on that day and bought a 6GB pack for 28 days. After 00:00hrs data from 1GB New yr offer will be consumed and if you happened to finish 1GB before 23:59 the next day then the data will be consumed from 6GB Pack! It repeats for the next 28 days until the pack is active.

Which city do you live in where you can exhaust their daily 1GB ?
I get 4-5Mbps at 3-5am and if i download more than 600MB file continuously then they will suddenly throttle my speed back to 512Kbps like rest of the day
Atleast with welcome offer i could download 2-3GB at night after 3am but now it is just impossible.
And most of the time i get full network reception so it really cant be low connectivity related

I'm from Kolkata - My usage of the bandwidth @ Youtube for Tutorials video & Amazon Prime Video every Friday for TGT episode.

My BSNL BB with snail speed can't handle either of these.

Hey fellas. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot No Signal issue on Roaming? I see No signal when i am out of my state.
Data roaming is ON.

Got it: Always keep the Sim in Slot 1 with Data roaming ON.

Last edited:
Hey fellas. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot No Signal issue on Roaming? I see No signal when i am out of my state.
Data roaming is ON.

Got it: Always keep the Sim in Slot 1 with Data roaming ON.

data off = signal ok , calls ok
data of sim 2 = no signal at all :banghead:

This is for normal usage as well.

Most if not all phones don't support both sim slot with 4g. Normally it is there only for sim1.
If by support you say 4G connectivity in sim1 or sim2 then Mi Max has support for 4G in either of the sim slot, you can put 4G (even VoLTE) in Sim 1 or 2 and it'll work, but NOT at the same time. Sorry if it was meant for 4G connectivity in both the slots at the same time.
Which phone support dual 4g

It's getting worse Now. 99 out of 100 calls doesn't go through. I use Samsung S7 edge and even net speeds are in the range of 1~2 Mbps. Thinking to switch back my Airtel connection to infinity plans

For me its opposite. All calls now go through in one attempt. However I'm facing a weird problem when I try to call toll free numbers (1800----), I get message that balance in your Jio account is insufficient, pls recharge your account :(.
My experience is in Kolkata and Delhi.

Free caller tune, Type JT and send it 56789

ecd539fcb408333c4d2c50fd1691b4b6.jpg

It's getting worse Now. 99 out of 100 calls doesn't go through. I use Samsung S7 edge and even net speeds are in the range of 1~2 Mbps. Thinking to switch back my Airtel connection to infinity plans
In my case calls are fine but sometimes it gets disconnected/drops after few minutes but internet is horrible like before
Since i use dual sim phone so it is not really a big deal for me because of free calls i have been paying less than Rs20 every month for my postpaid dolphin

I'm facing a weird problem when I try to call toll free numbers (1800----), I get message that balance in your Jio account is insufficient, pls recharge your account
Same but i have noticed that trying after sometime you do get connected
Maybe it is caused by their network disability and they intitate this message by mistake

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170128-232919.png
    Screenshot_20170128-232919.png
    365.9 KB · Views: 259
Zero issues in calling except the Tata landline numbers. Either way, I have moved my Airtel to the 549 Infinity plan, so use that more frequently, but have seen the same issue on that as well with many numbers on Reliance GSM.

Havent witnessed all lines are busy since quiet some time. And look at the speeds

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170129-145042.png
    Screenshot_20170129-145042.png
    345.1 KB · Views: 277
I don't get any busy tone. Call just drops seconds after I dial. It's getting frustrated sometimes when I need to call someone urgently. Switched back to Airtel for all call and data. No use speaking to JIO care and looks like they are least bothered. Since I have all my friends updated my new JIO number, I will check if I can port out to any AVOID or BSNL prepaid.

Back