Reliance Jio Rollout

Why is the 4G speed often so slow then? Who or what is at fault? Seems silly to not use the free load no?
I spoke to Resolutions team head, When he called me. Apparently, he was humble enough to admit there was Coverage issues at my place and load is higher than usual, I told him you cannot test us patience, Gave him a 30 day deadline and i should say.. Calls wise its touchwood now, No CALL_MUTE issue.

Speeds however suffer.

Reason is congested network in the locality and unoptimisable single band handsets.
Newer handsets with better modem is answer on our side and better network optimisation must for Jio.
Their network sucks at T2 terminal of mumbai airport.[DOUBLEPOST=1531152968][/DOUBLEPOST]Carrier aggregation and QAM Support must.

1. RCom sells Media Convergence Nodes assets worth ₹ 2,000 crore to Reliance Jio
  2. RCom completes ₹ 3,000 crore fiber asset sale to Reliance Jio

Total Deal details:
  • 122.4 MHz of 4G Spectrum in the 800/900/1800/2100 MHz bands
  • Over 43,000 towers , amongst the top 3 independent tower holdings in India
  • 1,78,000 RKM of fiber with pan India footprint
  • 248 Media Convergence Nodes, covering ~5 Million sqft used for hosting telecom infrastructure

More Spectrum, Towers and Fiber ... Within 6 months should see what change they'll bring!

Any one having jio sim which is not recharged for a long time? I didn't recharge my jio number till few days ago and had sent porting msg. But still I was able to use data at low 2g speeds and use WhatsApp, browsing etc.

As I wanted outgoing calling function for few days, I recharged for a weeks package which expired on a day back. Not surprisingly that low speed data is also cut off completely. No app even detects there is internet available. I tried restarting mobile, changing ROMs ( for other reasons as well) but looks like internet is completely completely turned off.

Faced such suspension of service from jio for the first time. Otherwise I had another jio number which was never recharged for several months and still low speed data was available on it.

Is this the revenge of jio for porting msg? Anyone faced similar issue?

Any one having jio sim which is not recharged for a long time? I didn't recharge my jio number till few days ago and had sent porting msg. But still I was able to use data at low 2g speeds and use WhatsApp, browsing etc.

As I wanted outgoing calling function for few days, I recharged for a weeks package which expired on a day back. Not surprisingly that low speed data is also cut off completely. No app even detects there is internet available. I tried restarting mobile, changing ROMs ( for other reasons as well) but looks like internet is completely completely turned off.

Faced such suspension of service from jio for the first time. Otherwise I had another jio number which was never recharged for several months and still low speed data was available on it.

Is this the revenge of jio for porting msg? Anyone faced similar issue?
The day you validity ends all services are stopped apart from incoming even data which use to work earlier @128kpbs, Earlier Jio to Jio calls use to work but not anymore.

The day you validity ends all services are stopped apart from incoming even data which use to work earlier @128kpbs, Earlier Jio to Jio calls use to work but not anymore.

Any idea since when this change in policy or practice happened? Because i was using data on slow speeds without recharge just couple of weeks back.

I am not against their practice of cutting off internet on the same sim but another serious implication of it is, i wont get notifications or updates from any apps using internet on the same, my daily driver mobile like whatsaap, telegram, everything else as i cant keep it connected to wifi for the same.

While mobile is connected to wifi, my number will be out of service (even for incoming calls and sms) since jio4gvoice app doesnt work on wifi. :arghh:

So either i have to choose telecom incoming service or internet based mobile usage :banghead:

Really sour soup condition. This situation never arised earlier for almost couple of years as data was still working at slow speeds for whatsaap and everything except streaming till few days back. And i never required to connect mobile to wifi. o_O

Last edited:
Any idea since when this change in policy or practice happened? Because i was using data on slow speeds without recharge just couple of weeks back.

I am not against their practice of cutting off internet on the same sim but another serious implication of it is, i wont get notifications or updates from any apps using internet on the same, my daily driver mobile like whatsaap, telegram, everything else as i cant keep it connected to wifi for the same.

While mobile is connected to wifi, my number will be out of service (even for incoming calls and sms) since jio4gvoice app doesnt work on wifi. :arghh:

So either i have to choose telecom incoming service or internet based mobile usage :banghead:

Really sour soup condition. This situation never arised earlier for almost couple of years as data was still working at slow speeds for whatsaap and everything except streaming till few days back. And i never required to connect mobile to wifi. o_O

One suggestion..."recharge".

One suggestion..."recharge".

That's like choking the throat now. Earlier that was optional. I mean to use service for incoming and continue using apps with bare minimum data if WiFi isn't allowed....

So only 3 options now

Switch mobile
Switch jio service
Recharge :/

Too bad.

If only, they had made jio4gvoice app better....

Last edited:
That's like choking the throat now. Earlier that was optional. I mean to use service for incoming and continue using apps with bare minimum data if WiFi isn't allowed....

So only 3 options now

Switch mobile
Switch jio service
Recharge :/

Too bad.

If only, they had made jio4gvoice app better....
So basically u want them to give u lifetime free service ?

It's around Rs.100 a month :facepalm:

Also if u can afford to switch mobile then why waste money just recharge its only 100 buks.

Switch jio, no one gonna give u free data aslo jio has the cheapest plans available right now.

I believe this was there for those who do the 7 day plan or smaller plan. I had faced a similar issue maybe 6 months back as I was planning to port out from Jio and had done the small RC plan. In the end, I found barring a few areas, overall Jio is far more reliable.

So basically u want them to give u lifetime free service ?

It's around Rs.100 a month :facepalm:

Also if u can afford to switch mobile then why waste money just recharge its only 100 buks.

Switch jio, no one gonna give u free data aslo jio has the cheapest plans available right now.

I am perfectly fine with their policy of stopping all outgoing service for non paying customers..... I just want their f#cking jio4gvoice app to work while mobile is connected to wifi to receive calls. This 3rd class app (with hell lot of other problems) works only when wifi is off/ not connected and mobile is connected to jio network with data ON.

Thats what i said earlier, i can only use internet based services on mobile like wallets, ticket booking apps bla bla bla.... or cut off everything (or use mobile offline) and allow it to receive incoming calls. This was not the case earlier (even when my plans expired). I was able to receive incoming calls as well as had bare minimum internet at slow speeds. You guys are missing the point. I want them to just fix the app to work with wifi.

I am perfectly fine with their policy of stopping all outgoing service for non paying customers..... I just want their f#cking jio4gvoice app to work while mobile is connected to wifi to receive calls. This 3rd class app (with hell lot of other problems) works only when wifi is off/ not connected and mobile is connected to jio network with data ON.

Thats what i said earlier, i can only use internet based services on mobile like wallets, ticket booking apps bla bla bla.... or cut off everything (or use mobile offline) and allow it to receive incoming calls. This was not the case earlier (even when my plans expired). I was able to receive incoming calls as well as had bare minimum internet at slow speeds. You guys are missing the point. I want them to just fix the app to work with wifi.
Now u are telling a different story, Earlier it was apps what's app mail you were not able to receive notifications from them as they stopped the slow speed data for you.

As for Jio4gvoice app really don't know how it works, Call 198 and ask them that u had not recharged the number and your app is not working for incoming calls.

Now u are telling a different story, Earlier it was apps what's app mail you were not able to receive notifications from them as they stopped the slow speed data for you.

As for Jio4gvoice app really don't know how it works, Call 198 and ask them that u had not recharged the number and your app is not working for incoming calls.

My point was same earlier also as problem is same...my phone remains offline (with data cut off, notifications and apps needing internet everything is same) when my cell is not connected to wifi. And with wifi incoming calls dont work. I have been saying same thing all the time.

And I have already talked to seniors (who knows, person said he is senior manager on mobile call) explaining all problems with jio4gvoice app thats being one major reason (other being poor indoor and daytime speeds) of my probably porting out. He said they are already working on some issues but from my POV, its same for almost 2 years or from 1st day i am using jio.

I dont mind recharging for 100 bucks a month. I had done advanced recharges for an year which expired this September. And all this year i was cursing jio for making this sick app called jio4gvoice.

Hope i am clear now.

Why will they? Is there a business case for it to work on Wifi? Do they profit from it?

Why are you so averse to using mobile signal? Isn't available where you stay?

Why will they? Is there a business case for it to work on Wifi? Do they profit from it?

Why are you so averse to using mobile signal? Isn't available where you stay?

Jio definitely supports wifi calling, at least on the iPhone. Its just that the 4Gvoice app is crappy. Better get a VOLTE compatible phone.

“We, at Jio, are glad with our progress towards our mission with more than 25 Crore subscribers on our network within 25 months of commencement of services,” RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani said.

ts average revenue per user (Arpu) stood at ₹131.7 per subscriber per month during the quarter. Bharti Airtel Ltd, which was the market leader before the Vodafone Idea merger, reported Arpu of ₹105 during the June quarter.

Average Jio User is Consuming 11GB Per Month, average voice consumption of 761 minutes per user per month.

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/...nce-Jio-reports-681-crore-to-buy-Hathway.html

They need to target 150 ARPU based on legacy, but if all are paying, they can even target a lower ARPU, since everyone needs to pay to use, even for incoming.

Back