Reliance Night Booster Zoom 1

^sabby, look here for the plans - Welcome to Reliance Communications

I am planning to get the Night Booster Zoom 1. A lady (presumably from the CC) just spoke to me and confirmed the timings when I'd be at home. They seem to be in a hurry to get me a connection. :p Why wouldn't they be, I had sent them this response:

Thank you for the response.
I would like to point out that I had floated a similar query for the same connection around 8 months back but other than receiving the same response from Reliance's end, I did not hear back from you later. I had assumed Reliance was at the forefront for providing good customer support but this instance proved otherwise. I would humbly request you to take up the matter with the concerned personnel in Surat and provide me a connection at the earliest.

:p

@Gannu, I was thinking about the day 600kbps night 1Mbps plan (Combo, though I don't need the phone). And I was talking about the installation charges and all. They are not mentioned in the site or I'm not able to find them. :(

^Fill the form here and they will revert back.

Better still, contact them using the toll free number - 1800 3000 7777, enter the right combinations in the phone and speak to the CC executive. He/She will verify against your pin code regarding the feasibility of getting the connection in your area. :)

I already filled that form and got a call yesterday, the rep took my address and said he will revert back. :) Thanks for the number, I'll call and ask about the installation charges and feasibility of connection :)

Nope, they haven't called me back...lemme call that toll free number you gave :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I waited for 6 mins and none picked up :|

Hi All,

This is the one thing about reliance that frightens me. Their service. A sales rep called me up and he was like I can't come at 7 in the evening. Nobody in reliance works at 7 etc. All said and done reliance service sucks and suddenly I am in two minds whether I should stick with airtel or go to reliance.

You better find a local representative..ask the Customer care executive to give a local rep phone no or address of the office..once you get the connection..believe me...you will never go back to F****ing Airtel..

Well, I was in the same predicament as you all and had my connection changed from Airtel to Reliance last December. I am on the same Combo plan. For me the experience was pretty okay. I had filled up the form on one night and got a call immediately next morning. The customer rep came to my house 2 days from then (acc to my convenience close to 7pm). I was unaware of the combo plan and I was opting for the all day 1 mbps plan when the rep notified me about this combo which suits my need perfectly. He insisted installation the following day but due to some personal reasons I had deferred the installation for 20 days which happened to be on 26 Dec. The installation was done on the 27 Dec after I called them on the 26 night inquiring about the same. The installation charges were Rs 500 paid by cheque to the Customer rep during his first visit. The good thing is though it was en-cashed only after I had used the services for 10 days. So far the service has not let me down, with hardly any down time for the broadband (though the land line keeps on going dead due to some wire issues which they fix promptly ~ 24 hours). The only downer, if at all, is the http login procedure in place.

^Oh crap I completely forgot about the login procedure!

Does the connection drop frequently? Do we need to keep logging into some particular Reliance site to ensure connection is always on or something? I think there was some rule like that. Don't recall much.

Many thanks for the input Dhrubo. Really appreciate it. :)

Gannu said:
Does the connection drop frequently?

Pretty acceptable to me. Maybe 2-3 times in these 6 months I have been using

Gannu said:
Do we need to keep logging into some particular Reliance site to ensure connection is always on or something? I think there was some rule like that. Don't recall much.

In fact there are scripts for automating the login/logout procedure which I used initially but found out the connection stays active anyways as long as there is any active data transfer going on (including torrents :clap:). One word of caution though, do not unplug the LAN cable while you are logged in as it will hold on to your previous session and won't let you login back. It takes around 30 mins/1 hr for their system to reset. The CC won't be able to help either.

P.S. The upload speeds are good and so are the ping times. So online gaming is much better than what it was for me on airtel. Hope you get your connection soon. :)

^Yeah that script was what I was referring to. But nvm since my uploads will be happening all the time. :D

With disconnections, I meant like how BSNL 3G is. It disconnects at least twice every hour. :p But reconnects quickly though.

thanks dhrubo for the info. :)

@gannu, just called their CC and pulled the trigger. For stability and browsing and of course upload, I can't rely on wireless. Besides, I have a desktop atm and intend to have it till another 7-8 mnths at least so no need of wireless as reliance is charging only 500/- for installation. :)

^Awesome man! My BSNL 3G is still alive - not sure when they will disconnect it. I hope by this Saturday I'll get the connection since the request was placed on 21st and they said they would take a week's time for a new connection. Sabby, your connection is postpaid right? Could you pay them online? And so far they have only charged Rs. 500 for the connection?

Hey, I just created the request via cc rep. He said that the connection will be given within a week and I'll be contacted before that. So didn't pay anything as of now. Regarding online payment, I guess its there check this

Hi!
I wanted to know that can one two user use one connection for connecting from two diffrent places, cos I know for fact that it works on TATA INDICOM, I can use my cousin ID and password to connect locally while he lives in Kolkata, I live in Visakhapatnam. We are on diffrent plans, its a prepaid connection.

sabby updates from your end? Got the connection I am assuming. :)

In my case, initially they were a bit reluctant to give the connection since they had to pull the wire from a place not more than 80m from my residence. Then, the guy asked me to provide a reference of any dealership so I could get the connection through them (seems like Reliance has no issues in providing connections to dealers but not home users!). So I had to approach the landlord who owns a Reliance Gas Distribution and applied for the connection via them. Yet to get the connection though. I really miss BSNL 3G. :(

Gannu said:
sabby updates from your end? Got the connection I am assuming. :)

In my case, initially they were a bit reluctant to give the connection since they had to pull the wire from a place not more than 80m from my residence. Then, the guy asked me to provide a reference of any dealership so I could get the connection through them (seems like Reliance has no issues in providing connections to dealers but not home users!). So I had to approach the landlord who owns a Reliance Gas Distribution and applied for the connection via them. Yet to get the connection though. I really miss BSNL 3G. :(
)

i have the same problm.. they are not willing to give a new connection to me also because htey are saying they cannot draw wire to my home... it is too far to reach.. jow have u convinced them ?

deep16 said:
jow have u convinced them ?
I've already mentioned it in the previous post. :)

So I had to approach the landlord who owns a Reliance Gas Distribution and applied for the connection via them.

The connection was activated yesterday after a fortnight long delay and several phone calls and emails. It was a PITA really. But the speeds are pretty good. Getting 110 kBps during the day and 220~230 kBps during the night. No issues by far.

Back