Reliance Wireline Broadband...is it reliable??

striker_rage

Disciple
Hello everyone,

I am evaluting my options here, i just heard about the new reliance broadband offer 300kbps for 400-450 (excluding tax).

I was thinking of going with reliance but wanted to know from actual users on how their service is. How much downtime do you experience during a month and how fast is the connection/downtime issue resolved.

Btw, i am from South Mumbai.

Awaiting your reply.

in Bangalore my 2 friends use reliance wire-line. they have opted for 1499 1mbps plan. they are using it for the past 3-4 months now.. and they dl around 150-200gb/month. they tell me it has been reliable except a 2-3 downtime's of 1-2 hrs. I used it several times to dl stuff and the latency and speed was very good. in speedtest.net speed is around 900kbps- 1mbps for US servers(Dallas). and another good thing is that upload speeds are equal to download speeds..so torrents usage is absolutely brilliant. they use private trackers like torrentleech and iptorrents... and have built up an excellent ratio there.

Have used reliance for a year now.

1.No downtime at all !!!

2.No FUP

3.Amazing new plans (im on 600kbps ul at 649 pm)

4.Biggest advantage is Dc++ for anyone in mumbai.

5.The web login and cc are no good.

calamine said:
in Bangalore my 2 friends use reliance wire-line. they have opted for 1499 1mbps plan. they are using it for the past 3-4 months now.. and they dl around 150-200gb/month. they tell me it has been reliable except a 2-3 downtime's of 1-2 hrs. I used it several times to dl stuff and the latency and speed was very good. in speedtest.net speed is around 900kbps- 1mbps for US servers(Dallas). and another good thing is that upload speeds are equal to download speeds..so torrents usage is absolutely brilliant. they use private trackers like torrentleech and iptorrents... and have built up an excellent ratio there.

Thank you Calamine for the great feedback.

I guess 2-3 downtimes are quite reasonable and seeing that its just for 1-2 hours is more of a joy to hear.

When there is downtime...do you need to call customer care or it gets fixed automatically? Any idea on how good is the customer care ?

I use torrents to download a lot of stuff so i guess this is just fantastic for me.

Thanks again for the time to reply.

Lazzy Boy said:
Have used reliance for a year now.

1.No downtime at all !!!
2.No FUP
3.Amazing new plans (im on 600kbps ul at 649 pm)
4.Biggest advantage is Dc++ for anyone in mumbai.
5.The web login and cc are no good.

Thank you so much Lazzy Boy for the prompt reply.

I called customer care and they said they dont have 600kbps UL @ 649 yet and also told me that 300kbps will cost me 450 pm.

Even so, the price is just fantastic since i dont have to buy their fixed line which is mostly a compulsion for other isp's (BSNL, MTNL, Airtel).

I just hope they have 600 kbps available soon.

I am really looking forward to Reliance now since you guys had a good time with it. Cant wait for dc++ at ethernet speed (54mbps??)

Can you eleborate more on weblogin and cc issue...i seem to hear this from a lot of people about automatic disconnection and any ideas on how to prevent this. Do they have automatic reconnection?

Awaiting your replies.

the lucky thing is the guy who manages this reliance wireline connection in that area is my friend's friend and he attends to all the tech problems. and also the for payment is collected by another guy from reliance.

one more word of caution for those using reliance is that they need to setup custom passwords that they only know as u can connect only 1 pc/account/time.. and also that anyone other reliance dynamic user can use ur account if he has ur id/password.

it will be a waste of money if someone else is using ur account.

@ Aces170 : Call up 1800-3000-7777(toll free). They have not officially updated their site their plans since its not available for all cities currently.

@ Calamine: Does that mean i cant use wifi with reliance wireline. I have 1 desktop and 1 lappy and i want to be using net on them simutaneously and if reliance does not allow me to use both at the same time then it would be a problem.

Can you please confirm on the same?

@ Setu_garg: I am hearing mixed reviews aswell and that is why i opened this thread so that i can make out if they really are good or not.

I hope more users submit their replies so that i can affirm the issue before going for their connection.

striker_rage said:
@ Aces170 : Call up 1800-3000-7777(toll free). They have not officially updated their site their plans since its not available for all cities currently.

@ Calamine: Does that mean i cant use wifi with reliance wireline. I have 1 desktop and 1 lappy and i want to be using net on them simutaneously and if reliance does not allow me to use both at the same time then it would be a problem.

Can you please confirm on the same?

@ Setu_garg: I am hearing mixed reviews aswell and that is why i opened this thread so that i can make out if they really are good or not.

I hope more users submit their replies so that i can affirm the issue before going for their connection.

You can use wifi,im currently using netgear wgr614v9 and connected to my laptop and nokia 5800 along with my dektop.

The thing about weblogin is that it gets disconnected if your net is idle but it happens rarely.Also if your computer restarts and you havent logged out then sometimes it takes time to login as it gives error that you are already logged in.

But these are some issues which are very small and happen rarely.

Coming to the cc part,they are bunch of noobs.If you have any complain then dont forget to followup everyday.

Ps:Also With dc++ you will get download speeds of 10mbps from everyone using wired line in the hub.

Lazzy Boy said:
You can use wifi,im currently using netgear wgr614v9 and connected to my laptop and nokia 5800 along with my dektop.

The thing about weblogin is that it gets disconnected if your net is idle but it happens rarely.Also if your computer restarts and you havent logged out then sometimes it takes time to login as it gives error that you are already logged in.
But these are some issues which are very small and happen rarely.

Coming to the cc part,they are bunch of noobs.If you have any complain then dont forget to followup everyday.

Ps:Also With dc++ you will get download speeds of 10mbps from everyone using wired line in the hub.

Thank you for the feedback Lazzy Boy, i am so glad to hear that wifi works with Reliance weireline. I have Linksys and Netgear router (backup).

Also glad to hear that the weblogin and disconnection issues are not so frequent because it would freak me out to see that i have kept a download and only to find that it got disconnected in the middle while my pc was being kept on the entire day for nothing....lol

Can you tell me more about what are the issues that you usually call customer care for ?

I hope i don't end up calling those noobs every now and then for every small issue.

BTW....i love naturo too!!! :cool2:

striker_rage said:
Thank you for the feedback Lazzy Boy, i am so glad to hear that wifi works with Reliance weireline. I have Linksys and Netgear router (backup).

Also glad to hear that the weblogin and disconnection issues are not so frequent because it would freak me out to see that i have kept a download and only to find that it got disconnected in the middle while my pc was being kept on the entire day for nothing....lol

Can you tell me more about what are the issues that you usually call customer care for ?

I hope i don't end up calling those noobs every now and then for every small issue.

BTW....i love naturo too!!! :cool2:

The net has never disconnected when i have put something on download,only when it is idle that it can disconnect.

Till now i have called the cc only 2-3 times.The first was because net was down,the other time was to change the plan and last was when i was not able to login because i forgot to logout before shutting down my pc and it was giving me some error.

Other times the problem is simply solved by restarting the pc or reconnecting the cable.

PS:If you have an inverter then you can use the net even during a power outage.

Ps2:Yup Naruto Rulzz :hap2:

Lazzy Boy said:
The net has never disconnected when i have put something on download,only when it is idle that it can disconnect.
Till now i have called the cc only 2-3 times.The first was because net was down,the other time was to change the plan and last was when i was not able to login because i forgot to logout before shutting down my pc and it was giving me some error.
Other times the problem is simply solved by restarting the pc or reconnecting the cable.

PS:If you have an inverter then you can use the net even during a power outage.

Ps2:Yup Naruto Rulzz :hap2:

Thanks a million for the super fast reply....i guess i am going to give reliance a shot...after all, the most i can lose here is Rs 500 installation and another Rs 500 for the plan.

Naruto FTW :eek:hyeah:

Also, my respects for Rock Lee simply because he was able to release 5 gates and Match Gaara in Naruto 1 :cool2:

I too have reliance wimax 400kbps at 1.1k per month.

Also, first inquire about the wireline connectivity in your area. I live in a prime area in Pune but still I was told that wireline connectivity was not available in my area.

The experience has been nice, but now there are other players in the market providing better speeds.

amitn18 said:
I too have reliance wimax 400kbps at 1.1k per month.
Also, first inquire about the wireline connectivity in your area. I live in a prime area in Pune but still I was told that wireline connectivity was not available in my area.

The experience has been nice, but now there are other players in the market providing better speeds.
Amit, can you name a few ISP's that are reliable and provide good speeds at a good price (i dont want to buy any fixed lines to get internet so MTNL/BSNL/Airtel are out).

It would be great if i had some options with me so that i can decide accordingly.

Thanks and awaiting your reply.

if you hate web login whenever you restart adsl or automatically inactive times then dont go for reliance.

for their speed, they are fine.

I'm using 400 kbps unlimited plan for surveillance only.

CC Sucks, they will hear you begging for some1 to visit your site then only they'll send, not like airtel ofcourse.

coolraghav said:
if you hate web login whenever you restart adsl or automatically inactive times then dont go for reliance.
for their speed, they are fine.

I'm using 400 kbps unlimited plan for surveillance only.

CC Sucks, they will hear you begging for some1 to visit your site then only they'll send, not like airtel ofcourse.

Thanks for the reply coolraghav.

I don't mind weblogin and i always have something downloading whenever i am not surfing so those 2 issues wont be a problem.

I am just concerned about the CC and downtimes and the time they take to resolve the issue.

Can you tell me your experience with downtimes and how many times downtimes you had in the past (per month) and how much time it took to resolve the issue. Does the downtime issues get resolved automatically or you have to call someone over every time?

Also, for what reasons did you have to call their CC for and how many calls did it take for them to finally come to your place?

Awaiting your reply eagerly

been using it for a couple of years now. i'm very satisfied... they have good uptime (although their dns servers go down once in a while for 15-20 minutes). if you have a problem though, the customer service is good... you can register your complaints any time of the day and they are pretty prompt at getting it fixed. pings/routing is very decent if you are a gamer. speeds are always as promised too. it's relatively expensive though, compared to other isps.

spindoctor said:
been using it for a couple of years now. i'm very satisfied... they have good uptime (although their dns servers go down once in a while for 15-20 minutes). if you have a problem though, the customer service is good... you can register your complaints any time of the day and they are pretty prompt at getting it fixed. pings/routing is very decent if you are a gamer. speeds are always as promised too. it's relatively expensive though, compared to other isps.

Spindoctor....thanks for the feedback.

I am getting more confident about getting reliance wireline!

Once I had Reliance Prepaid Wired BB(two years back).

I have very very bad experience with their CC service.

They always pushed me for postpaid line and once they stop their prepaid service.

And now from past three days I got 5 calls from Reliance.

They pushing me to take their Wimax and DATA Card.

The minimum rental starts from Rs.1500+.....O_O

Though it may depend on area wise......

Back