Video Requesting help with purchasing a TV

ryu_88

Disciple
Hey techenclave community,

I've got a budget of around 40k for a TV (flexible a bit), looking for something that atleast 43" (no hard requirement on resolution). I previously had a sony bravia that served me well for years but then conked out unexpectedly and with Sony demanding 20k for repair, decided its better to just put the money towards a durable long lasting TV that I needn't worry about repairing for atleast 5 years (would be great if I could get extended warranty) . I really hate the stock android TV OS in all its lagging glory and would rather go for something snappy like samsung's Tizen OS or LG's variant. I know android updates to TVs aren't really guaranteed but is there a brand that's known for regular updates? Please suggest potential TVs I could look at.

So far i've looked at Samsung's AUE70 and TCL C715 (its QLED but its old and android P TV, hard dislike)

I just recently learnt that most LED TV's arent full-array, and that I should be looking for something that is full-array / QLED. I'm very new to this, could someone please guide me on which type is better? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Both LG and Samsung have 43" 4K TVs under 40k. Of course, for TV viewing, the utility of 4K on a 43" screen is questionable. I have a 50" TV and the difference is barely noticeable. They also have fHD 43" TVs for couple thousand less. You can check the reviews for those TVs.

Since you have the budget, my personal recommendation would be to go with Samsung/LG. Both of them come with 2 year panel warranty.

I have recently bought a Samsung Au9070 43” Tv . It’s a pretty solid Tv and it took me a while but I finally got it for around 42k . It is a pretty updated and latest 4k Tv . Let me know if you need more info .

Go to an electronics store and check out any LG WebOS Smart TV, with the magic remote (its optional). I tried it, and got one with the magic remote. Never regretted it one bit. I believe that Samsung have a smart remote like that with their newer smart TVs, but not sure of it.

Hey techenclave community,

I've got a budget of around 40k for a TV (flexible a bit), looking for something that atleast 43" (no hard requirement on resolution). I previously had a sony bravia that served me well for years but then conked out unexpectedly and with Sony demanding 20k for repair, decided its better to just put the money towards a durable long lasting TV that I needn't worry about repairing for atleast 5 years (would be great if I could get extended warranty) . I really hate the stock android TV OS in all its lagging glory and would rather go for something snappy like samsung's Tizen OS or LG's variant. I know android updates to TVs aren't really guaranteed but is there a brand that's known for regular updates? Please suggest potential TVs I could look at.

So far i've looked at Samsung's AUE70 and TCL C715 (its QLED but its old and android P TV, hard dislike)

I just recently learnt that most LED TV's arent full-array, and that I should be looking for something that is full-array / QLED. I'm very new to this, could someone please guide me on which type is better? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
OP, how long did your Sony TVs last overall?

OP, how long did your Sony TVs last overall?
Mine was the KDL-43W800D and it was working just fine for four years, suddenly it began giving me a blank white screen while switching it on which would go away when you rebooted it, and after a couple weeks it simply just stopped displaying anything other than the white screen all together.

Calling Sony I got a reply with an estimate for 20k to replace the panel, was of no use. Decided to try a local service centre which charged me 4k for a repair which surprisingly worked, but dint last more than three months.

I was thoroughly disappointed with Sony in this experience, and after inquiring around with all my relatives/friends I got most of them telling me Samsung lasts the longest and also provides a pretty neat extended warranty service so decided to go with the Samsung AU7500.

Would say buy the premium vu options and go for an extended warrnaty option so that you are coveted for atleast 3 and atnost 5vyear even if you need to opt for AMC

Vu has great panels and nice audio,

Mind you all tvs start to show their crap after 3 years so AMC or super extended is must now a days

If you want android TVs then go with Realme likewise or else LG, Samsung, Sony Bravia are best.
Be within 43inches TVs which usually comes for 35k to 36k in case of LG & Samsung while Sony will be costly.

Would say buy the premium vu options and go for an extended warrnaty option so that you are coveted for atleast 3 and atnost 5vyear even if you need to opt for AMC

Vu has great panels and nice audio,

Mind you all tvs start to show their crap after 3 years so AMC or super extended is must now a days
I had heard good things about Vu as well, which quite frankly came as a surprise.

You're right, almost all new "Smart TV's" these days deteriorate/stop working completely in about 5 years it seems, or atleast that's the prevailing situation with everyone I spoke to.
Samsung's extended warranty is super expensive though, they are quoting ~8k for five years which has to be purchased within the one year initial warranty expires

I would recommend extended warranty as well. I have seen my friends and relatives having problems within a couple of years of purchase. Not having extended warranty means shelling out half the price of the TV for repairs. So it's a great peace of mind.

Thankfully my Vu TV has not had any issues in nearly 30 months of usage. My extended warranty, which cost 3.5k, expires in another 6 months.

I had heard good things about Vu as well, which quite frankly came as a surprise.

You're right, almost all new "Smart TV's" these days deteriorate/stop working completely in about 5 years it seems, or atleast that's the prevailing situation with everyone I spoke to.
Samsung's extended warranty is super expensive though, they are quoting ~8k for five years which has to be purchased within the one year initial warranty expires
May be try third party ones like on site go or may be if acko gives that

Would highly recommend Samsung AUE60 .............
I did enquire about the AUE60 when I went to the showroom and they had mentioned that it is an online-only model, it was my initial choice but I preferred getting a tv from the showroom as opposed to the hassles of dealing with shipping/defects and etc

Go to an electronics store and check out any LG WebOS Smart TV, with the magic remote (its optional). I tried it, and got one with the magic remote. Never regretted it one bit. I believe that Samsung have a smart remote like that with their newer smart TVs, but not sure of it.
Yep samsung does have a similar remote with bluetooth as well but its an add-on and does not come by default.

I do kind of wish I went for an LG tv since Samsung nowadays seems to be using their TV's to simply push ads all the time by default, after I bought it I had to go through multiple youtube tutorials to figure out how to disable most of the default advertising options on the TV and now i'm considering setting up a pi-hole just to be rid of all Samsung ads.

LG's webOS/ Samsung's Tizen were what I had initially shortlisted since I had a bad experience with my last Sony tv which ran android tv and was super slow

I would recommend extended warranty as well. I have seen my friends and relatives having problems within a couple of years of purchase. Not having extended warranty means shelling out half the price of the TV for repairs. So it's a great peace of mind.

Thankfully my Vu TV has not had any issues in nearly 30 months of usage. My extended warranty, which cost 3.5k, expires in another 6 months.

3.5k for 3 yr extended warranty does seem like a good deal, for samsung its much higher

Back