Audio Require : Tritton AX Pro 5.1 (w Dolby Decoder) for PC in South Mumbai

I am considering to get myself the AX Pro's from Tritton. :D
I went through a lot of reviews and came across lots of pro's and lesser con's.

But i cannot find a proper source (local) to get the headphones from; i am emphasizing on local source because i came across some reviews from customers who faced issues, like, wobbling damaged mic, poor customer service etc, so if now i plan to get the headphones from say
Amazon : Amazon.com: Tritton AX Pro Dolby Digital Precision Gaming Headset: Video Games , and if by chance i get a faulty headphone, i don't know where to go for the repairs and the replacement. Too messy for me.

So here's my requirement :
- Tritton AX PRO 5.1 gaming headset (w. Dolby Decoder)
- Budget ~10K
- Local dealer whom i can get in touch with for warranty and replacement procedures in future.
- Genuine current price in Mumbai (South)
- Alternatives for these headphones (i already know everything about the Roccat Kave :p)
- Proper Bill and Warranty from the dealer.
That's all. :cool2:

nope you wont find this locally.i think ebay had them[shipped thru icc world] a few months ago and than it was overpriced at 13 k.best bet is to find a cheap deal and import it.

alternatives- astro A 40 [Very highly recommended],turtlebeach px21

i would recommend you to just consider the tritton and the astro.

i first had a tritton and than took astro a40.

if you want great thumping sound and incredible bass mixed with nice precise sound than tritton is for you and if you want overall great sound and one of the best amplifiers out there than the astro a40 is for you.

Well bro, i dont think i have much options den..

The Kave's are just plain awesome, but i wanted something more,, the wanted something more exclusive, and i did some more research, came across many more brands such as Sharkoon X-Static, Razer etc etc, but most of them are not available here, so i think, i have to carry on with the Roccat Kave if there is no other good alternative.

best option i would give you is just import a astro amp and use your roccat wave onb it.that would take the sound at another level.

Ramdas_Devadiga said:
Well bro, i dont think i have much options den..

The Kave's are just plain awesome, but i wanted something more,, the wanted something more exclusive, and i did some more research, came across many more brands such as Sharkoon X-Static, Razer etc etc, but most of them are not available here, so i think, i have to carry on with the Roccat Kave if there is no other good alternative.
are you already using Kave?? if yes , then if you want better output from Kave...then invest on a good sound card....may be a Xonar or X-Fi.....and you are good to go.....

cOOl_chap said:
are you already using Kave?? if yes , then if you want better output from Kave...then invest on a good sound card....may be a Xonar or X-Fi.....and you are good to go.....
first of all, sorry for the late reply...actually i do not have the headphones, but i did spend a good amount of time with it since my close friend has it...

I think if Kave is my only valid option den, i will be definitely getting a good amp and soundcard for it.

But i really wished i had some more options...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hey can u lemme knw the Company and model name of the amp which i should be looking for, and which is easily available here in Mumbai...

Thanks

yadusaiyan said:
I'm running Kave on onboard souncard im happy with it .But its very bulky and it has lots of wires.

:D those lots of wires make it the best 5.1 HP :p...it aint a stereo headset....hence the wires

^Under 5k, I think the FiiO E7 would be a decent bet. But it doesn't sport a 6.35 mm TRS jack. I am not aware of anything else that retails locally.

What headphones are you planning to plug into these anyway?

On a side note, under 5k you can fetch the Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 Advance from abroad (ebay GEB or the likes) - AUDIOTRAK - Prodigy HD2

It has a built in head-amp and reviews suggest that it can drive cans with impedance as high as 600 Ohms without breaking a sweat. One of the forum members had recently got one and he seems quite impressed - http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/my-new-sound-card-185008.html

Thanks for the valuable input Gannu. The HD2 looks good enough, but i am not comfortable ordering something from abroad, yeah i have some of my friends who can get it, but i just don't want to get into the warranty issues or anything like that, and this is the primary reason i removed the Trittons from To-Buy list.

My primary concern is gaming, and hence started this post inquiring about the Trittons...but than moved my choice to the Kave's since they are easily available here in Mumbai.

now i am thinking whether u can connect a amp to the Kave's, or is it all together unnecessary.

I came across some blogs and forums where people prefer the AD700 (if u don't need a mic) and the HD555 for gaming, which also come quite handy for listening to music, and i came across this post

(http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zone/roccat-kave-169919.html) where people are saying they don't prefer having an amp for the Kave's and having a good soundcard like the Xonar is highly recommended.

All in all the Kave's review VikiD (http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/roccat-kave-real-5-1-surround-169613.html) has convinced me enough to go for the Kave's, and probably in the coming month or so i will definitely consider buying the ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

Thank you all for your valuable time and helpful, informative replies.

Peace.

God damn....i played Crysis 2 at my friends place with the Kave's...and oh boy :cool2:..the sound was really top notch, the 1st thing i noticed was the Rumble effect which kinda maddening...Crysis 2 has a lot of earthquakes and collapsing bridges and buildings which made the Kave's rumble like hell...the bass was bang tight and smooth and to top it all, in all this utter chaos (with a little bit of tinkering with the settings like, putting the rear channel on a higher lvl den the front, and so on) u can really pinpoint your enemy's location, the gunshots, the footsteps, u can hear them all very clearly...
Highly Recommended..
Cheers. :clap:

Back