Resistance 3 - Discussion thread

Re: Resistance 3 - Discussion thread!

Tried the demo last night and I'm utterly disappointed. They have brought back all the good things from Resistance: FoM viz, med-kit pick ups & multi-weapon selection grid. But the graphics look completely washed out and no AA whatsoever. The level was essentially the "Ruins of Wrightsburg" which you have seen in the past. Joe Capelli and Dr.Malikov travel through the Mississippi river to reach St.Louis, which is completely messed up with Chrimeran creatures and ends with you trying to evade the Goliath. The gameplay feels very slow. The first game was extremely fast in terms of weapons re-loading, switch and firing, even melee attack was prompt. This game seems to have increased the weight of the weapon or something to that extent, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad one. Any-hoo, we have the same weapons as before; Auger, Marksman, Carbine, Rossmore & Magnum. Rossmore is equipped with incendiary shells this time, that's a cool add-on. The demo lasts for about 15-20 minutes, out of which, 5 minutes in the beginning is spent just in exploration and enjoying the environment. Performance was steady, no tearing either. In the demo, the boat that you're on, has unlimited supply of ammo and health. So feel free to empty every last bit of your ammo on those mo-fos. I hope the dull visuals are only for this level and we have better stuff in the full game. :(

I thought Insomniac might have got it right by now, but it's not even close to a 2007 game's visuals. :p

was very disappointed with the graphics that on display in the demo. Hope the final version brings something good.

Damn is the gfx that bad! The screenshots looked just fine. :(

Wouldn't be playing the demo but here's to hoping that the final game promises to deliver.

Saw the demo and its off putting that the developers can't upped the graphics in-spite of so much of requests from the community , this game is no no for me

dinjo said:
Saw the demo and its off putting that the developers can't upped the graphics in-spite of so much of requests from the community , this game is no no for me
Dude its not that bad, its still better than Duke Nukem :p

Enjoyed R1 FOM more than R2, waiting for R3 though it's without Hale :( Anyways, I hope it comes soon for 3.55 soon :)

One of my most fav arsenals: [video]http://asia.gamespot.com/ps3/action/resistance-3/video/6333651/the-gun-show--resistance-3#toggle_video[/video]

:hap2:

Can't wait to get my hands on my copy.

I can't believe this shit! Almost all the popular e-commerce sites (eBay, Flipkart, Intencity etc) barring Letsbuy seem to have stocked the game. Called up Letsbuy today and they said the game would be stocked only by 15th! I told them the title has already hit Indian shores long back and that most retailers have shipped it. They could do nothing. Lesson learnt the hard way. Will never buy anything (at least a game!) from Letsbuy. Period!

I did 2 mistakes here:

1. Bought the titles (this and Gears of War 3) from Letsbuy. I am pretty sure this is going to be the case with GeOW as well.

2. Instead of COD, I chose to do the payment right away. Had it been at least COD, I could have cancelled the order. :facepalm:

Was eagerly waiting for this one. Will make do with Hard Reset (not sure if I'd like this one either!) and Red Orch. 2. :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hoy mother of lord, I just got an SMS from DMLetsbuy. It read:

'Dear Ganesh Balan, your order no: xxxxxx has been shipped by Blue Dart, awb no: xxxxx on 14 Sep 2011 11:08:12 PM. We again thank you for shopping with Letsbuy.com'

WTF?! :O

Gannu said:
[/COLOR]Hoy mother of lord, I just got an SMS from DMLetsbuy. It read:

'Dear Ganesh Balan, your order no: xxxxxx has been shipped by Blue Dart, awb no: xxxxx on 14 Sep 2011 11:08:12 PM. We again thank you for shopping with Letsbuy.com'

WTF?! :O

I got the same message regarding Resistance 3 today and it said that the game has been shipped via Blue Dart on 14/09/11 at 06:23 AM! :S

But I'm not able to track it till now on Blue Dart :no:

Did yours also have the free 4gb pen drive?

^Haha yeah dude. Pen drive and T as well. It might have been shipped by the evening but BD may not feed the docket number into their database soon enough. Forget all that and keep our fingers crossed! Let us wish ourselves an awesome weekend then. :)

Aye Dinesh? :p

^ I guess you got the T due to pre order, mine has only the pen drive :bomb:

^Ouch! :lol:

Anyhoo it must be just another plain black collarless T with Resistance 3 printed. Nothing more. :p

Back