Revanced: possible successor to vanced utube

Adguard home/pihole is not the issue but your filter lists might be.
I'm using Adguard Home with below filter lists since many months with Revanced app, no issue.

View attachment 172423
Yes, I had the default list set up on Adguard Home running on my router and that was enough to cause the video source and restricted mode issues. It is an issue with one of the lists and I was just referring to the root cause of issues suddenly turning up in YT apps when using the same setup.

Yes, I had the default list set up on Adguard Home running on my router and that was enough to cause the video source and restricted mode issues. It is an issue with one of the lists and I was just referring to the root cause of issues suddenly turning up in YT apps when using the same setup.
So do we need to make any changes in our routers? On phones Rvanced is behaving pretty weird.

I tried following these steps, managed to build youtube app, but , when installing, it ended with a pop-up of "App not installed".
Downloaded latest microG from https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/releases , when installing it, again, got the same message "App not installed".

builds every monday and friday
Used the youtube apk from here and it got installed to my surprise and then installed VancedmicroG (ver 0.2.24.220220) from VancedManager , finally RevancedYoutube is working, lets see how long it works !!!

Used the youtube apk from here and it got installed to my surprise and then installed VancedmicroG (ver 0.2.24.220220) from VancedManager , finally RevancedYoutube is working, lets see how long it works !!!
Keep updating the youtube app from here every once in a couple weeks or when you see newer youtube versions being uploaded, it'll work as long as revanced project is alive.

Is there a guide/tutorial which takes me to right steps for installing this on non rooted mobile?
This is the most useful and updated resource I found -
I would suggest directly downloading and installing the APKs, this person makes and uploads, periodically.

But what is the need to update as current version is working fine?
What's the need to read news and stay up to date? General and social awareness.

If you want to stay outdated until google stops supporting an old version of their app that's your choice. I prefer to stay updated, it only takes a couple minutes once every couple weeks.
Revanced is an ever evolving set of patches which keeps improving their "methods" to fight against ads and provides other features.

What's the need to read news and stay up to date? General and social awareness.
Samsung releases S series every year S21 S22 S23 and S24 in next few weeks, are you going to buy when it's available just for being updated or you think and decide what works for you. You can apply this to the brand of phone, car, laptop, gpu you are using ;)
If you want to stay outdated until google stops supporting an old version of their app that's your choice. I prefer to stay updated, it only takes a couple minutes once every couple weeks.
Revanced is an ever evolving set of patches which keeps improving their "methods" to fight against ads and provides other features.
I will stay on current version until it gives some trouble.
Revanced provides other features like.. Hmm, I don't think so revanced can make NTR jump out of my mobile screen and dance Natu Natu for me, but hell yeah, I will surely update if that happens :p

I tried following these steps, managed to build youtube app, but , when installing, it ended with a pop-up of "App not installed".
Downloaded latest microG from https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/releases , when installing it, again, got the same message "App not installed".
A year later started to get the attached image. Time to update.

Followed the same procedure.
- Got the latest revanced manager.
- Then downloaded suggested YT app version from apk site
- before patching go into settings of the manager to allow custom patch selection
- click patch list and then select default in the patch selection and scroll down and manually select custom branding.

For some reason this particular patch is unselected and after build plus install you get revanced app with same icon as YT and can't tell them apart (!)

When you select custom branded you get the revanced icon and title below says revanced.

Do the patch and install. Was told to update GmsCore which means update microG. Download from github and install.

All went smooth (apart from icon thing which I then figured out) . Add revanced to your home screen and you are done.

Revanced Version 19.09.37

Only thing I wish I could do is run more than one instance of revanced at a time. If I need to check something I run the stock YT app. So there is revanced I pause and then use stock yt to check another video.

Attachments

• Content not available.png
    Content not available.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
A year later started to get the attached image. Time to update.
Previous vendor "Vanced" and didn't update the microg app.
PoToken, which was added to requests recently by google was missing.
Because the PoToken was missing, playback failed.

That is why Revanced shifted to their own microg variant now.
That said everyone needs to update now as older versions will stop working.

I installed ReVanced for the first time a couple of days back, after a year of having stopped using Vanced because of random issues.

Downloading and installing via the ReVanced community manager was the simplest way, so much so that I installed it on 3 phones at home, all non-rooted.

Back