Rim Capping EDGE/GPRS Speed Intentionally ?

Revolution

Skilled
I'm using Smart Reliance SIM and have 99 2G pack activated.
From past 4 days I'm not getting more than 5kBps DL speed in EDGE.
Previously I was getting 20-25kBps.
When today I used MDMA saw speed is capped at 64kbps.
Called Rim CC but still no use.
Anyone facing same problem please share!

Re: Rim Capping EDGE/GPRS Speed Iintentionally ?

I can't cos I'm not rich like u.

Rs.900/- for 10GB 3G Rim may be ? :(

And I have no BB option here at my home.

They why not they totally stop 2G ? :mad:

If those a$$holes not gonna cut price of 3G then how we common addmi gonna use ?

This is not USA it is India.....

That's nothing new.

Docomo Recently did it. ANd Airtel was 1st ofcourse. GPRS is supposed to give atleast 8KB/s

This situation keeps getting worse

And I don't think its a network problem.

I'm getting strong 2G and 3G signal like as always.

And calling CC is worth less cos ultimately u will gain nothing but could loose ur mental balance if u don't have a stell of nerve.

CC will ask ur IME no.mobile model no bla bla blad and will pur u on hold for a long time then gonna transfer ur call to other department.

And finally will tell this wrong section.

FCK u Rim.....

Revolution said:
I'm using Smart Reliance SIM and have 99 2G pack activated.

From past 4 days I'm not getting more than 5kBps DL speed in EDGE.

Previously I was getting 20-25kBps.

When today I used MDMA saw speed is capped at 64kbps.

Called Rim CC but still no use.

Anyone facing same problem please share!
Yeah, I'm also facing this issue from 4-5 days. Earlier I was getting consistent 27KB/s. :( Had called CC yest, he told me to re-insert SIM, so that the "network is re-caught" :rofl:

But in other areas I find rel CC very supportive.

Revolution said:
I can't cos I'm not rich like u.

Rs.900/- for 10GB 3G Rim may be ? :(

And I have no BB option here at my home.
When I asked CC about plans of 3G, he told me 1GB @ 650 :wtf: ! But I should inform you about a msg I recieved in mobile a month ago.

108 - 300MB

208 - 750MB (I'm thinking to get this)

408 - 1.5GB

All have validity of 30 days and they're far cheaper than any service provider. :D But when I asked CC about this, he told me there's no such plan. :mad: They know nothing and just brag.

BTW I'm using 101 plan of GPRS which AFAIK is the only true "unlimited" 2G plan provided in India.

comp@ddict said:
That's nothing new.

Docomo Recently did it. ANd Airtel was 1st ofcourse. GPRS is supposed to give atleast 8KB/s

Hardware limit of GPRS is max 6KB/s. I'm using GPRS from the days when EDGE was not launched in India. With EDGE you get speeds upto 28KB/s.

JuGGa said:
BTW I'm using 101 plan of GPRS which AFAIK is the only true "unlimited" 2G plan provided in India.

Can u tell me detail about this plan ?

Never heard about this plan before.

I'm using USB DATA card and re-inserted SIM for many times.

It will change nothing.

Revolution said:
Can u tell me detail about this plan ?

Never heard about this plan before.

I'm using USB DATA card and re-inserted SIM for many times.

It will change nothing.

Its a 101 GPRS plan which offers you "unlimited" data. I get promo msg about this plan daily 2-3 times :p. I've confirmed it with CC too. Earlier there was 99 for 3GB.

Revolution said:
Oh,it the promo/special offer only for u not regular plan.....

Its not really a special offer for selected people. Its a plan only available in MP, Chhatisgarh and Orissa.

Check this- Untitled Document

I too recharged with 101 last night after seeing this thread (I am from MP). Speeds aren't too good but yeah I am not complaining. ;)

Revolution said:
And I don't think its a network problem.
I'm getting strong 2G and 3G signal like as always.
And calling CC is worth less cos ultimately u will gain nothing but could loose ur mental balance if u don't have a stell of nerve.
CC will ask ur IME no.mobile model no bla bla blad and will pur u on hold for a long time then gonna transfer ur call to other department.
And finally will tell this wrong section.
FCK u Rim.....

Wrong section, oh no. They will tell you its a fault with your phone, their network is flawless.
comp@ddict said:
That's nothing new.

When did Docomo start these speed limits? As next month onwards will be back on Docomo 2G.
Revolution said:
They why not they totally stop 2G ? :mad:
If those a$$holes not gonna cut price of 3G then how we common addmi gonna use ?
This is not USA it is India.....

Because its india, they can get away with it. :mad:

Back