Rim Capping EDGE/GPRS Speed Intentionally ?

Revolution said:
Oh,it the promo/special offer only for u not regular plan.....
Its a general plan advertised all over. Availability as said by arjun123. Moreover AFAIK GPRS plans are never given as "Only for You" plans. Only recharge plans are valid.

arjun123 said:
Its not really a special offer for selected people. Its a plan only available in MP, Chhatisgarh and Orissa.

Check this- Untitled Document

I too recharged with 101 last night after seeing this thread (I am from MP). Speeds aren't too good but yeah I am not complaining. ;)

What speeds are you getting? The first day I got recharged, whole day network remained 2 points instead of normal full tower (5points). But after 24hrs it was super cool and fast :D. But now Smart sucking well :mad:

BTW Yest I lodged a complain. They've said that their "technical team" will help me within 72 hrs. :|

Today after 15min of trying I got connected to GPRS section.

But,I was totally shocked when they refuse to my complain.

I told that I'm getting 5-6kBps low speed from last 6 days.

The CC representative told u r lucky u getting more speed.

According to him complain only be made if some one getting 5kBps speed.....:mad:

What a shameless team :'(

ok i see all the towers of RIM in the next building and i saw another big set of antenna being installled. this is addition to the 2G/3G antennas existing at it.

so i think its gonna be temporary unless they are doing it purposefully.

i suggest you dont pay up for this month find some other provider for GPRS/ internet.

My roommate uses Docomo.

2 months ago, 10-12 KB/s

Now, 3-4 KB/s. And Mind you, Docomo GPRS on phone gives this speed. Much like Airtel now.

Well sorry for the late update but day before I complained (and my call got connected very fast), I explained the tech support guy everything, he just apologised and lodged my complain. He gave me assurance that my problem will be solved under 72hrs, and their tech team will call me up for further accordance. I got a message yesterday around 7pm that my complain had been solved ! It was Some 20hrs after I complained and I was browsing that time. The speeds were same crap like before and I was abusing reliance for their pathetic service. But wait, guess what, as soon as I got my message, my net speed jumped like before, that's 27KB/s :yahoo:. And i'm getting it full on :eek:hyeah:. Thank you reliance for your quick and kind cooperation. :)

ggt said:
ok i see all the towers of RIM in the next building and i saw another big set of antenna being installled. this is addition to the 2G/3G antennas existing at it.

so i think its gonna be temporary unless they are doing it purposefully.

i suggest you dont pay up for this month find some other provider for GPRS/ internet.

I'm using prepaid 2G pack so my money already gone for 2 SIMs.
JuGGa said:
Well sorry for the late update but day before I complained (and my call got connected very fast), I explained the tech support guy everything, he just apologised and lodged my complain. He gave me assurance that my problem will be solved under 72hrs, and their tech team will call me up for further accordance. I got a message yesterday around 7pm that my complain had been solved ! It was Some 20hrs after I complained and I was browsing that time. The speeds were same crap like before and I was abusing reliance for their pathetic service. But wait, guess what, as soon as I got my message, my net speed jumped like before, that's 27KB/s :yahoo:. And i'm getting it full on :eek:hyeah:. Thank you reliance for your quick and kind cooperation. :)

Unfortunately I'm not so lucky like u :'(

Already mail to nodal officer at Kolkata but same.
In reply I was told to complain at CC but at CC they not gonna any take complain.
All Rim member r same
So,I think its a total conspiracy against me.....

JuGGa said:

What APN are you using? Any special settings?

comp@ddict said:
My roommate uses Docomo.

2 months ago, 10-12 KB/s

Now, 3-4 KB/s. And Mind you, Docomo GPRS on phone gives this speed. Much like Airtel now.
That's why I shifted to aircel ...getting ~27 kBps almost everytime in 98 'unlimited' plans, download atleast one movie (~1gb) every night directly to my phone :) its a better life now ;)

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk

technobot said:
That's why I shifted to aircel ...getting ~27 kBps almost everytime in 98 'unlimited' plans, download atleast one movie (~1gb) every night directly to my phone :) its a better life now ;)

whao? where from?

that's actally great

Bangalore...and I forgot to mention that I was getting 3g speed in 2g recharge for the initial 2 or 3 days;) downloaded 20 gb on the last day till my hard disk ran out ;( but that trick was found out ...they blocked my sim for 5 days for some reason at the very same day ...now back to normal ... Happy with 2g

technobot said:

Aircel is giving 3GB @98/- no UL now.
Aircel was giving me under 15kBps speed last time may be 4 moths ago.
And totally blocked torrent.
Don't what's the speed now.....

Revolution said:
Aircel is giving 3GB @98/- no UL now.

Aircel was giving me under 15kBps speed last time may be 4 moths ago.

And totally blocked torrent.

Don't what's the speed now.....
Maybe not in your circle .... But works fine at my place .... Go check out their site if you don't believe

You can see the ' Negotiated QoS ' here

Capped1.png

seems like same thing on CDMA too. my netconnect+ does not connect at more than 234Kbps (15-25KBps) after 10pm at night. First 2 days after activation of modem it would connect at 1.5-2Mbps at night even after 12am. This is a really bad practice by this company. Paid 950 for 5Gb UL plan and i thought i would get around 2Mbps speeds upto 5GB.

Govt or private, everyone is trying to fleece customers, and they're good at it too. :mad:

comp@ddict said:
Whao, that. is. fast.

Yeah, I believe its one of the fastest GPRS connection available now. Though in good old days, Airtel used to give speeds of 29KB/s (2009).
Revolution said:
Unfortunately I'm not so lucky like u :'(

Already mail to nodal officer at Kolkata but same.

In reply I was told to complain at CC but at CC they not gonna any take complain.

All Rim member r same

So,I think its a total conspiracy against me.....
Just tell them to register complaint. Why won't they register?

arjun123 said:
What APN are you using? Any special settings?
smartnet, no.

technobot said:

1 GB daily night! :O Dude that would require min 12hrs!

Revolution said:
We can't do anything about it cos it's democracy.

If mass ppl got no problem we can't do anything.

That's why I have democracy.....

You can DO because its democracy. It happens mate, try again :)

JuGGa said:
Just tell them to register complaint. Why won't they register?

U have no idea about fcking Rim team.:mad:

They work together to cheat ppl in day light.

CC just refuse cos according to them 6kBps is better speed than other.Complain only be lodge if I'm getting less than 5kBps.

If I told 5kBps instead of 6kBps they would tell me we could not take complain cos u getting more than 4kBps.

I even sent 2 mails to nodal office and 4 to CC but no reply after 2 days.....

Back