Rim Capping EDGE/GPRS Speed Intentionally ?

^Don't trust IDM while judging speeds. DUmeter rocks. In my case, IDM peaks to 55! :O Its not impossible. (hardware limitations of EDGE). But its due to memory overflow. Whatever be your peak speed, average will come down to 25-29 at most. (in EDGE)

Even in edge earlier i used to get 40+ constant only on reliance.
Also for nokias the edge class 12 is rated for speeds for 293kbps whereas others are at 236kbps. So speeds should differ.

After like 20days of speed problem one of my net pack validity gone which had more than 5Gb data left(did 99 for 6GB). :'(

@ggt

That 3G speed is very good.

U might be missing it very badly ?

U using Reliance 3G now ?

Or,u left using it ?

ggt said:
Even in edge earlier i used to get 40+ constant only on reliance.
Also for nokias the edge class 12 is rated for speeds for 293kbps whereas others are at 236kbps. So speeds should differ.

40 is too much for EDGE. Can you post a screen shot of du-meter, just keep in mind that your connection has to be in 'only gsm' mode. Also, even if you get 293kbps, it turns out to be 36. Also average would be a lot lower.

40 is not possible with edge....it is a cheap trick used by download managers like idm and dap by showing higher speed to give the illusion that their product is faster... by the way idm is my favorite ..but it shows 50 sometimes

Buddy,why dont you give bsnl a try?

BSNL 3g(with 2g recharge)is working fine with me here in kolkata(90% of time).

Getting constant 512kbps-1mbps most of the time.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Humm!

I have to buy a BSNL Prepaid SIM and then I can try it.

Last time I was getting 15kBps speed in 2G mode with 3G SIM(when all were buying new SIM for free 3G data)

What FRC should I go with NEW BSNL 2G/3G SIM.

I just want a new SIM as cheap as possible.....

I already have BSNL 3G Sim. Which recharge I should go for ? Online or I have to visit BSNL office ?

EDIT : online recharge is available. I will go with 270RS 30GB plan. But how I will get 3G speeds ? By just setting in only HSPA mode or any other tricks ?

also can I just recharge my 3G sim or these GPRS plans only available for 2G sims ? cos mine is 3G sim, not converted from 2G to 3G

I hope these are the correct plans : http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/mobile_gprswap.htm#tariff

^:bleh:

I wouldn't mind trying out. I will do 57 INR recharge. But how to get 3G speeds ? Any special settings ?

^ Give it a try. No special setting. Just use UMTS enabled.

I got good speed for 2 days and then speed was capped to 128 :(

Back