Rim Capping EDGE/GPRS Speed Intentionally ?

^Dont have UMTS in my dashboard :

kyBEF.png

okay I will try :)

Recharging 54 INR, 300 MB day, 2GB night. But in bsnl.portal.in there is no option for 54, there is 57 :S

@revolution & avi- AFAIK there's nothing like 2G sim or 3G sim. I use 3G on my 3 year old sim (reliance), when there was no 3G. 2G and 3G are networks, WTH they gotta do with sim?

My SIM was with 128K memory and '3G' was printed on that BSNL SIM.

SIM was expired after 6 months.

I did not recharge anything after FRC.

And now forgot the SIM no too.

So,may be buying new SIM will be same as spending money on old ?.....

JuGGa said:
@revolution & avi- AFAIK there's nothing like 2G sim or 3G sim. I use 3G on my 3 year old sim (reliance), when there was no 3G. 2G and 3G are networks, WTH they gotta do with sim?

Nope. There are types in BSNL !!

I have this sim which has 3G printed on it. So I recharged it with 57 RS GPRS pack. But recharge was failed ! This thing accepts only 3G recharges :mad:

So I migrated to 2G [M2G to 53733], the recharge accepted. But it does not show any signal in WCDMA mode ! and accepts only in GSM only & speed is capped !!

@red dragon & ramanuj - guys any solution for this ?

avi said:

I have this sim which has 3G printed on it. So I recharged it with 57 RS GPRS pack. But recharge was failed ! This thing accepts only 3G recharges :mad:

So I migrated to 2G [M2G to 53733], the recharge accepted. But it does not show any signal in WCDMA mode ! and accepts only in GSM only & speed is capped !!

BSNL sucks :mad: There's nothing such in reliance. Just recharge, switch UMTS, and enjoy! :)

avi said:

Thanks for info.
BTW,did u totally loose ur R.57/- money or only shown recharge failed ?
One more thing.
First u migrate to 2G from default 3G SIM.
And then u did recharge of 2G net pack 57 ?
How much data and validity for 57 2G pack ?
Can u tell me about speed cap ?
I mean what showing at MDMA 128kbps or 256kbps or something else ?

avi said:

I did not have any such problem,have 3g printed on the SIM,but it accepts Rs.98 GPRS recharge(from roadside shops) and can use both 2g and 3g without hitch.

Do one thing..convert your sim to 3g again,do a top up of exact Rs.98.

It may work.

Sent from Galaxy S2

What speed u getting at both 2G and 3G mode ?

I'm afraid to recharge 2G pack on 3G SIM cos if recharge fail then I might loose the whole money cos I have to pay the retailer what ever happen after his recharge.

Getting around 1mbps most of the time in 3g,2g is pretty bad 128kbps.

afaik you don't have to pay if the recharge fails.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Back