RMA experience with Tirupati Enterprises for Seasonic psu

Hi all,

I recently had a pathetic experience with Tirupati Enterprises for the rma of Seasonic X series 1050 watt.

I had bought the PSU in 2014 June from overclockerszone.com. According to the site, it's Tirupati's own site.

Seasonic website tells 7 years warranty for the product. When I contacted them for rma they asked me to contact Tirupati.

I mailed Tirupati with proof of purchase and Seasonic serial no and got reply that psu is out of warranty. Warranty is only 5 years.

I replied that Seasonic website says 7 years warranty if bought after Sep 2012. They replied back again that it's 5 year only.

I sent a screenshot from Seasonic website and then I was asked to go to their service centre.

I took the PSU and now they said that I opened the fan grill hence warranty void. Then I showed them that the sticker labelled as 'warranty void if removed' is intact. So how can u say warranty is void?

After that they said that they will send mail to Seasonic and ask about that and received the product.

After 2 days I got reply that I have to send the unit myself to Taiwan. Tirupati forwarded me the mail where Mr Souvik from rma wrote to Seasonic that I had broken fan screw. In my rma receipt it's written that I opened the screws.

I got furious and called him to ask why he had written screw broken and he tried to make me understand that opened screws and broken screws are same as I was not able to fix the screws tight.

I mailed again to Seasonic that what's written in mail is wrong no screw is broken and also mentioned that I opened fan grill to clean the fan as it was very dirty after prolonged use. Seasonic did not say that warranty is void and asked me to send them the unit.

Then I mailed them back that I already lost 1400 inr to go to the rma centre by car, again I have to go to get it and then shipping will be also around 2000 inr as this is heavy. Tirupati themselves can send it for.rma.

At this, Seasonic asked Tirupati to send them the PSU if possible but Tirupati denied it. They said that they will mail it back to me and I have to do the shipping.

Now my question is why should I bother to send the PSU when there is a Indian disyributor and rma provider in Kolkata itself!!??

The PSU has one year warranty left and I do not want to waste more money behind it. This post is to make you aware of the following things:

1. Tirupati has got pathetic rma service.
2. They do not have proper persons sitting in the right place. They even do not know which product has how much warranty.
3. If the product has long term warranty and it goes bad during warranty ending stage, good luck for the rma with Tirupati.
4. They have the audacity of asking the customer himself to ship unit for rma directly in spite of they are the rma provider and distributor.
5. Think twice before buying any stuff for which Tirupati provides with the RMA.

Thanks,

Niladri.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Mr Kejriwal is present in the whole mail chain. I an surprised to see even after Seasonic global asked them to send the unit, they refused and said I had to do rma. I think Tirupati service has become lot worse in last few years. Lots of folks want to buy Seasonic but afraid of the RMA.

Even I am more surprised at Mr Souvik's behaviour. He does not even know which product has how much warranty and claims himself that he knows everything. Also he wrote a blatant lie in the mail that I broke my fan grill screw. I have all the evidences. Even they tried to tamper with the serial no tag which was perfect when I took the PSU there. But after they checked it I saw the tag was torn in one side. Such disgusting and shameful act.

Thanks

Niladri.

That's true. I bought multiple stuff from.them earlier and never faced this. Even I bought the PSU from their own online store still they refused rma. They have not even gave any reasoning why they cannot send the psu to Taiwan.

Thanks

Niladri

Update - Seasonic is sending me a replacement unit next week. But the issue is that it may attract customs. I asked them to ship it to Tirupati and Mr Avishek replied that I have to pay customs duty for it. Now it's again going the wrong way. I cannot understand why I should pay customs duty for rma unit.

Thanks,

Niladri.

Update - I did not get any reply from Tirupati yet, Seasonic said the invoice value of the RMA.unit will.be $20. Now waiting for reply from Tirupati regarding customs.charge.

Wow this attitude by Tirupati seems very anti-consumer. From the beginning it seems they just wanted a reason to deny the rma to the OP. As some who's bought a seasonic PSU from Tirupati, Im worried if it conks off.

And for sure this is not the first of its kind. Customer satisfaction is not a thing known to prevalent 'lala' business model. What's important here is that Seasonic is willing to help, yet eventually they might loose some sale ... all thanks to local reseller.

Update

Seasonic has said they will send a 1000gd as replacement. If I am not wrong it's this model:

Seasonic ssr 1000gd psu which is really a great psu. I am not sure though.

Tirupati at last accepted to receive the shipment. Keeping my fingers crossed. The invoice will be of $20, hoping it won't attract customs.

Thanks,

Niladri.

Update

My new rmaed psu has reached Delhi via FedEx but it's on hold for unknown period as the shipment was from China, Taiwan. FedEx said all shipments from China are getting locked right now. God knows when I will get it.

Pathetic from tirupati! This shouldnt happen at all. There's a huge difference between an open screw and a broken one. They clearly want to escape it all and blame it on to you...
Would like to highlight that overseas manufacturers are very humble in this manner. They will send you replacement and wont even ask for the damaged product. Its like you keep them both.

Seems tirupati followed the usual biz funda in India, once your biz is booming the customer exp. goes down shaming drastically.

Amongst the local shop brands I would really rate Primeabgb 10/10. Their prices might be a bit higher but service counts after years not the cost.

Back