Budget 51-70k RTX 3080 FE at 62k?

Nice the pricing makes it so much better value for money
So getting a form means?
It's not an online sale?
You have to Send enquiry and later email them to get on the Queue. People from Early November are getting 3080 Forms now.
I got a 3080 FE delivered on 27th but now I am just waiting to find 5900x at a reasonable price. :/

You have to Send enquiry and later email them to get on the Queue. People from Early November are getting 3080 Forms now.
I got a 3080 FE delivered on 27th but now I am just waiting to find 5900x at a reasonable price. :/
What is a resonable price for you on AMD 5900x ?

Waiting for RpTech form is frustrating as hell. I have been waiting on them to build my rig since late October.
Started checking with them on 4th of November, no joy so far. They are opaque in their practices. You never get to know your position in the so called "list". Thinking of just buying a AIB GPU. The time being wasted on this is seeming not worth it.

What is a resonable price for you on AMD 5900x ?
Right now, I am willing to spend 55k on it, Maybe 2-3k more if I can also get other components I need for a reasonable price.

I am a complete idiot for not preordering it on primeabgb for 50k back in early november or heck, Even on MD for 51.6k in early december.

I think then the wait will be 3 months more or so :p
It'll normalize waay before that. 5600x was in demand a lot more and it's prices have more or less stabilized to little less than 30k or even 27.9k in some places.
5900x has _less_ demand than 5600x IMO and rocket lake is rumoured to launch in March.
So, It'll stabilize at 50k well before 2-3 months.

And even right now, It's (partially)the distributors screwing over retailers. They are selling 5900x for 53690 to retailers after GST.
RP Tech has listed 5900x on their site, I hope they do the same thing as they did with Nvidia cards and start selling it themselves for the original suggested retail pricing.

It'll normalize waay before that. 5600x was in demand a lot more and it's prices have more or less stabilized to little less than 30k or even 27.9k in some places.
5900x has _less_ demand than 5600x IMO and rocket lake is rumoured to launch in March.
So, It'll stabilize at 50k well before 2-3 months.

And even right now, It's (partially)the distributors screwing over retailers. They are selling 5900x for 53690 to retailers after GST.
RP Tech has listed 5900x on their site, I hope they do the same thing as they did with Nvidia cards and start selling it themselves for the original suggested retail pricing.
1609582609166.png
???

RpTech sells Nvidia cards to end customers directly but not AMD processors, checked with them twice.
AMD is losing all the goodwill they built with this squeeze.
I was hoping to buy the 5900x/5950x, but, the way things are going its prudent to wait for the next version in October and settle for 3XXX for now. AM4 platform has received its final update with 5xxx.
Rush for the next version won't be this crazy. Most have upgraded their machines this year and a MB + RAM + CPU replacement for 20% gains won't make financial sense for them next year.

RpTech sells Nvidia cards to end customers directly but not AMD processors, checked with them twice.
AMD is losing all the goodwill they built with this squeeze.
I was hoping to buy the 5900x/5950x, but, the way things are going its prudent to wait for the next version in October and settle for 3XXX for now. AM4 platform has received its final update with 5xxx.
Rush for the next version won't be this crazy. Most have upgraded their machines this year and a MB + RAM + CPU replacement for 20% gains won't make financial sense for them next year.
I am planning to use the current cpu for multiseat so getting 5900x for me else I was not gona buy anything new leaving a gpu if priced nice.

Do you guys seriously feel a 5900x at these super inflated prices is worth the upgrade over a 3900x? I assume since you are looking at these processors, that gaming isn't the major criteria. Getting a 3900x for 35-38 new, or 30k or lower used is not very difficult. The price difference does not really justify the upgrade imo. I urge you'll to reevaluate your use case and see if the 3900x is not a better choice. Also, there is a chance that am5 will get delayed to 2022, so there is likely to be a "xt" refresh again.

Jan/feb onwards stocks may improve then it will be right time to buy nvidia 30 series. also nvidia may finish launching there 30 series lineup.

Back