Graphic Cards RV740/HD 4770 review thread

Need TE review - once it available here in india.

-------------

does this card need an extra power cable ?

What will be the ideal psu for this card-considering a descent c2d/phenom proccy with 4 gigs of ram ,2 hdd,1 dvdrw,3 usb ?

Yup:) so we can get a performance card for $109 which outperforms 9800GT.... Thats cool... Seeing at the power consumption levels think even a CM460W will suffice which is great news.... :)

hey i thought supra already had this card

Sorry Guys I have the card with me. But there are some issues with the card as well as some personal commitments which is not allowing much time to have a comprehensive review of the card. I will try and get the review up by another of our TE member soon :)

AnandTech review is up:

AnandTech: Faster Graphics For Lower Prices: ATI Radeon HD 4770

And man, is it a lame review? The card is fine, but AnandTech talks about Nvidia's 40nm GPU line and says because the process is new Nvidia has every right to be cautious and late :rofl: BTW they don't know when Nvidia's 40nm cards will come.

They also harp on how HD 4770 is a bad name. The fact that it's the first 40nm GPU and they could have talked about the architecture is conveniently given a miss.

There are no overclocking figures either.
NVIDIA should have 40nm parts out this year as well, and both camps have their own way of rolling out new process technology. AMD continues to be a little bit more aggressive on that front, seemingly making the move on the earliest viable hardware whether it's low or high end. NVIDIA looks to play it a little more cautiously. It's all about cost benefit. Certainly it's a benefit to have smaller GPUs as they cost less to make. But early on in the life of a manufacturing process, yields can suffer driving price up. Timing the move well can have its advantages, and NVIDIA is counting on that this time around.

It isn't clear when NVIDIA will have a part in this generation of their architecture that competes in the near $100 market, but in the meantime the option is certainly clear: the Radeon HD 4770 is the way to go for now.

AnandTech: Faster Graphics For Lower Prices: ATI Radeon HD 4770

wow..

the card is as good as 4850 DDR3

would love to see benchies where HD4850 GDDR3, HD4850 GDDR5, HD4830 GDDR3, HD4770 GDDR5, GTS250 GDDR3 n 9800GTX+ GDDR3 are compared...

it was worthless to include 9800GT in AT review imo..

Back