Graphic Cards RV740/HD 4770 review thread

All the overclocking reports are with the Reference card but a different card is on sale in retail. It has less components in the power regulation circuit and a puny cooler. Anybody have any idea how well the retail cards overclock?

chiron said:
I guess I'll wait till the next high gfx game comes out before getting a new card.

Yeah you can keep waiting. :rofl:

Signature stuff!!

Jokes apart, the CF reviews of these babies paired are brilliant. I wonder whats with these stupid ATI engineers to use a frigging puny cooler on the card. Heck it may not heat up as much as the 4850/4830 but had that cooler been a bit more substantial, the OC'ing would have made a difference.

The AC Accelero S1 would most probably not fit on this one though. :p

ram_dante said:
^^
NO!! Get a 4890 or aGTX 275 to run smoothly at Full HD resolutions

But my friend's budget is only 5 to 6k.So plz suggest some card that would run smoothly at this res.
Or is it available on TE a secondhand of HD4890?

Thank you

rahulgoel said:
Sure it can...! i don't understand how the above person replied "NO!" ?

Thankx but have you ever run a game at Full HD on HD4770?
Is there any proof or benchmark that I could know myself weather it can run games at Full HD.

Thank you

By sayin full HD u mean 1920X1080 right..if So then definitely a 4770 will not be able to run crysis smoothly at that resolution..U wont even get a playable average framerate at the Very-high setting in crysis..but if u can turn down the visual quality to medum-high level u can get playable frame rate at HD resolution with a 4770..

For reviews check GURU3d.com

if u are saying CF will run good at full HD then forget it , 512 mb per core is too less for new games , and CF is full of issues , lots of driver problems , better stay with single card like gtx 275 / 4890 .even at lower resolution single card would be better choice even if 10% slower .

ram_dante said:
By sayin full HD u mean 1920X1080 right..if So then definitely a 4770 will not be able to run crysis smoothly at that resolution..U wont even get a playable average framerate at the Very-high setting in crysis..but if u can turn down the visual quality to medum-high level u can get playable frame rate at HD resolution with a 4770..

For reviews check GURU3d.com

Thanks for the resource (GURU3d).:clap: :clap:

But please suggest me a card that would run nearly any game on 1080p and with full 3D rendering adjustments smoothly, whose price is is the least.:huh:

Thank you

I wud suggest ur friend to settle for a Gtx 260 core 216..shud cost abt 11.5k..this is the best bang for buck..which takes u into the world of Hi-end gaming!!

Or else settle for a GTS250 shud be available for ~8.5k..

ram_dante said:
I wud suggest ur friend to settle for a Gtx 260 core 216..shud cost abt 11.5k..this is the best bang for buck..which takes u into the world of Hi-end gaming!!

Or else settle for a GTS250 shud be available for ~8.5k..

Really thanks friend

But he has really tied me upto a limit of 30K to build a gaming PC, which is really limiting me choose parts.And if I choose this card then automatically I will have to tighten up the budget for other parts which is really becoming stressful:mad:

Thank you

RoBoGhOsT said:
if u are saying CF will run good at full HD then forget it , 512 mb per core is too less for new games , and CF is full of issues , lots of driver problems , better stay with single card like gtx 275 / 4890 .even at lower resolution single card would be better choice even if 10% slower .

Can you please post the source from where u knew that 512 MB is not enough for a single core.

Thank you

@Ameet148

if you want one word answer whether crysis will be playable on 4770, then your answer is:No (Source). keep in mind that fps less than 20 (usually 30) means not playable.

but do not get stuck on crysis, it a bad game with bad AI and its buggy as hell and the only reason it is so demanding is because it's highly unoptimized.
there are A LOT of better games than crysis which are playable with mid-range graphics cards. so if your friend is on a tight budget,then 4770 is THE way to go.

E7400 Rs. 5.6k

Gigabyte G31 Rs. 2.2k

Transcend 4GB DDRII 800 Rs. 2.1k

Seagate 500GB Rs. 3k

Zebronics Bijli 1.1k

CM Real Power 460 Rs. 3.6k

Samsung DVD-RW Rs. 1.1k

Thats 18700 invest the rest into a GPU. Get a GTX 260.

H2O said:
E7400 Rs. 5.6k
Gigabyte G31 Rs. 2.2k
Transcend 4GB DDRII 800 Rs. 2.1k
Seagate 500GB Rs. 3k
Zebronics Bijli 1.1k
CM Real Power 460 Rs. 3.6k
Samsung DVD-RW Rs. 1.1k

Thats 18700 invest the rest into a GPU. Get a GTX 260.

Thanks man but here comes again the same problem.

Wheres the Monitor?
If I will just include the monitor over here I will go this :rolleyes:

Thank you

ameet, in simplest words to tell u/ ur friend is..... u cant buy ferrari for the price of fiat... neither can u put ferrari engine in fiat to make it fast and still survive. Best would be to get 4770 atm and if ur friend is not getting convinced ask him to join TE, read lots of reviews on different reputed portals, threads. That will bring him down to earth. U may also find used 4850 or GTX 260 in market in few days, but ur friend got to have patience for that.

Back